DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

So what's the 2nd best entrance theme* of all time? Who has the best theme right now?

Check this thread out. There's 8 pages here and it's fairly recent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

*First place with a bullet is the Horseman.

It may not be even the best WCW theme. I'm surprised Satan's Sister wasn't repurposed like a lot of WCW entrance themes for someone who is going to do something (for example, Loch Ness -> Rey Mysterio Jr.) instead becoming the WCW jobber theme. Frankie Lancaster coming out to the Hollywood Blondes music during a syndicated episode of Worldwide at 11 o clock on Saturday night will confuse and jar you.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

@Alan4L is Chris Hero's first "Certified Genius" on his subreddit, WrestlingGenius. He takes a look at the background of the Nagai & Yoshida vs. Tomato & CHANGO from 2AW from about a month ago.

Here's the link to the post. Check out that sub too, regulars here we love it.

This is like the third time in a week that DVDVR has been mentioned in something I listened to/follow on Reddit, with the other two times being Excalibur and Dave Walsh on the Straight Shoot podcast when talking about the 4 Pillars and the history of Michinoku Pro.

50 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I dunno how you could stand the NWO theme after hearing it played ten times a show EVERY SHOW. I'm surprised they didn't let it run during the matches like "Natural Born Killers". 

Yeah, that theme still has "Highway to Hell" heat with me.

The B-team theme/Hey Joe riff ripoff got a lot of exercise too.

• Like 2

He also thinks Wrestlemania should still feature him coming out of the boardroom to do some Skyrim cosplay so let’s take his opinion with the appropriate sized grain of salt, shall we

• Haha 6

HHH is basically making the rounds because of his 25th anniversary so there's going to be news coming out of multiple places. One thing he did discuss on Graves' podcast was basically corroborating what Alvarez reported a day or two after WM, which was the Boneyard match was put together by HHH, Borash, and some of the other digital crew at NXT. 

Vince was really happy with the result and now thinks the door is open for more cinematic matches.

Look, all I want is Undertaker vs Sting produced by HHH, Borash, and the rest of the folks who put together the Boneyard match.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

He also thinks Wrestlemania should still feature him coming out of the boardroom to do some Skyrim cosplay so let’s take his opinion with the appropriate sized grain of salt, shall we

Kratos is secretly Triple H : gaming

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The only thing left for HHH is to go full circle and come out as the Greenwich blueblood at next year's WM.

I had an issue of Mad Magazine when I was a kid where they did a Wrestling by the Numbers article.

“Number of symphonies Beethoven would have written if he knew Hunter Hearst Helmsley would use his ninth as entrance music: Eight.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Watching RISE wrestling on IWTV. Someone just won a title match with a Sunset Flip. Then the heel ex-Champion attempted to steal the belt back, so Bull Nakano came out and hit her with nunchucks until she dropped it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Watching RISE wrestling on IWTV. Someone just won a title match with a Sunset Flip. Then the heel ex-Champion attempted to steal the belt back, so Bull Nakano came out and hit her with nunchucks until she dropped it.

That sounds like the things that pro wres dreams are made of.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I mean seriously, I listen to "The Chase" and it doesn't sound right to me because in my head, this is the correct version. 

Oh my God, the few times I've seen Midnight Express, I kept waiting...and waiting for the bouncy synthesizer to start.  And it never does.  Actually kinda ruins the scene.

Edited by sydneybrown
  • Like 1