DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Has to be Bruce, right? 

That was the first one that jumped out at me, but as indicated right above me, Kevin Dunn wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Patterson would be another one that would seem to fit the bill.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Peck said:

download.jpg

When Kevin Dunn gets fired when HHH and Steph eventually takeover, they have to do a humiliating angle revolving around Dunn's teeth. Perhaps, the debut of El Hijo de Isaac Yankem.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When Kevin Dunn gets fired when HHH and Steph eventually takeover, they have to do a humiliating angle revolving around Dunn's teeth. Perhaps, the debut of El Hijo de Isaac Yankem.

Corny will finally make his one night WWE return for the blowoff...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zartan said:

Take the 24/7 title and just melt it down or shoot it in to space. 

Not like it got a single person over since it was introduced. 

I think it got Truth over pretty good.  I mean, since he went more comedy he's been fairly over, but it feels like his reactions have been bigger since he became 24/7 guys to the point he gets pretty good pops whenever he was on.  Drake Maverick was slightly over from it initially, too.  He was getting pretty decent reactions before they abruptly dropped him from the routine.

I do think it further killed EC3's career.  He was clearly already into "Get me out of here" territory but, man, I have never seen such an obviously athletic, physically fit man who looks so slow and awkward running/jogging as him.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, caley said:

I think it got Truth over pretty good.  I mean, since he went more comedy he's been fairly over, but it feels like his reactions have been bigger since he became 24/7 guys to the point he gets pretty good pops whenever he was on.  Drake Maverick was slightly over from it initially, too.  He was getting pretty decent reactions before they abruptly dropped him from the routine.

I do think it further killed EC3's career.  He was clearly already into "Get me out of here" territory but, man, I have never seen such an obviously athletic, physically fit man who looks so slow and awkward running/jogging as him.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZKXLu1RQSpTG6fl0UTXQ

“Teijo Khan, the Great.”

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

So Vince will humiliate him and then have him drop the belt.

It’s not as satisfying as humiliating in his hometown, but it can still work.

@Dolfan in NYC already came up with the greatest idea ever in the NFL thread.

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2020 at 2:37 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Gonna need a Fashion Check stat @piranesi

Hollywood Observer: A lot of Oscar buzz surrounding James Franco putting on over 100 pounds to play White Pootie Tang. Some groups protest “do we need a white pootie tang?”  Sony exec. Claps back “did we need a black one?” Director Lars von Trier insists “it will be culturally sensitive to the original material of which I am a huge fan.” Developing...

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

So what's the 2nd best entrance theme* of all time? Who has the best theme right now?

Check this thread out. There's 8 pages here and it's fairly recent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

*First place with a bullet is the Horseman.

It may not be even the best WCW theme. I'm surprised Satan's Sister wasn't repurposed like a lot of WCW entrance themes for someone who is going to do something (for example, Loch Ness -> Rey Mysterio Jr.) instead becoming the WCW jobber theme. Frankie Lancaster coming out to the Hollywood Blondes music during a syndicated episode of Worldwide at 11 o clock on Saturday night will confuse and jar you.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

@Alan4L is Chris Hero's first "Certified Genius" on his subreddit, WrestlingGenius. He takes a look at the background of the Nagai & Yoshida vs. Tomato & CHANGO from 2AW from about a month ago.

Here's the link to the post. Check out that sub too, regulars here we love it.

This is like the third time in a week that DVDVR has been mentioned in something I listened to/follow on Reddit, with the other two times being Excalibur and Dave Walsh on the Straight Shoot podcast when talking about the 4 Pillars and the history of Michinoku Pro.