DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Twitter wants to cancel Cody Rhodes, because he liked a tweet by Rovert.

It was a well dodgy tweet though:

53 minutes ago, AxB said:

Twitter wants to cancel Cody Rhodes, because he liked a tweet by Rovert.

It was a well dodgy tweet though:

I thought rovert was a glitch in the social media matrix.  That he's an actual breathing entity makes me weep for humanity. 

WhatCulture just did a video on the 10 greatest squash matches and #1 was Goldberg vs La Parka from Nitro in June 1998. If you could go back in time and tell someone watching it that one of  them would be a Hall Of Famer and headliner for decades and it's not Goldberg what would they think?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sabremike said:

WhatCulture just did a video on the 10 greatest squash matches and #1 was Goldberg vs La Parka from Nitro in June 1998. If you could go back in time and tell someone watching it that one of  them would be a Hall Of Famer and headliner for decades and it's not Goldberg what would they think?

I don't think it'd be a big surprise, honestly. Goldberg was smart. He got in, made a fuckton of money, got out, only returning for short periods where he could make a fuckton more money. I'm not knocking him. He's smart to have done it that way, and escape with his health, so he's able to do other things and enjoy his family time.

I just always got vibe that you can tell this guy doesn't love wrestling, just what wrestling can do for him.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AxB said:

(It was nothing to do with the BTE angle. It was actually building up Johnny Swinger vs Mike Jackson. Yes, the guy who was in his mid 40s twenty five years ago. He's a 70 year old now.)

And he worked circles around just about anyone else on the show. 

10 hours ago, sabremike said:

I'd probably wonder why I was traveling back in time to lie to someone.

320.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nate said:

I thought rovert was a glitch in the social media matrix.  That he's an actual breathing entity makes me weep for humanity. 

Live look in on him trying to walk that tweet back last night/this morning:

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

• Haha 2

I'm sure if you went back in time and started talking about how only Meltzer's Hall of Fame counts and WWE's isn't real, the person being spoken to would probably think "I'm going to walk away from this conversation and person."

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I'm sure if you went back in time and started talking about how only Meltzer's Hall of Fame counts and WWE's isn't real, the person being spoken to would probably think "I'm going to walk away from this conversation and person."

the WWE HoF didn't exist (in its current form) until 2004. WCW didn't have a *real* HoF. Why would you think either Goldberg OR La Parka would be included?

16 hours ago, nate said:

He is known far and wide across the wrestling portion of the net for his ways. 

Didn’t he quit the observer site when Bryan pointed out his name is actually Trevor spelled backwards?! 

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

He is from Ireland.

I gotcha, his tweet seemed like he was talking from the perspective of, uh, "regular," "normal" American folk, if that's the terminology that we're going to stipulate to. 

I hate myself for spending this many posts on rovert, so I'm just going to move on from this. 

7 hours ago, Zartan said:

He is known far and wide across the wrestling portion of the net for his ways. 

Didn’t he quit the observer site when Bryan pointed out his name is actually Trevor spelled backwards?! 

He's an idiot with his head up his own ass. I got into it with him a while back when Stokely Hathaway signed with NXT, and they changed his name to Court Moore. I asked Bix if it meant they were going back to changing every new signee's name, and that Irish twat lit me up for not knowing that it was a rib on Court Bauer, and said that I was a dumbass for thinking anything else. NXT then went on to sign a bunch of indie wrestlers over the next couple of weeks, and changed all of their names.

TL;DR: Fuck Rovert.

• Like 1