DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

33 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I can totally see Bobby being the Dr. Death of a new Brawl for All, though Corbin would be a good one too.

And just like Brawl for All neither of them would have a legit main event push whether they won or not

I don't know. The big problem with Bobby or Corbin being the Dr. Death of a new Brawl for All is that they each have legitimate fighting credentials to their name (Bobby as an amateur wrestling champion and MMA standout, Corbin as a former Golden Gloves champion).

What made Dr. Death the Dr. Death of Brawl for All was that he didn't- Williams had no real legitimate fighting credentials to speak of, but he considered one of the biggest legit badasses in pro wrestling for so long that people just assumed "well, Williams is like King Badass, of COURSE he'll win the Brawl for All!"

Heck, that probably says that there couldn't be a Dr. Death in this Brawl for All for better or worse, since there's not many "that guy's just a bad mutha..."  in pro wrestling, especially around WWE level. Most of the people who could be considered now have some legitimate chops- be it in MMA, in amateur wrestling, in some other fighting art...and even in the case of people like, say, Aleister Black or Daniel Bryan who have no legitimate chops to speak of, even those guys are known to have trained in a martial art in their spare time enough so they may not be likely to succeed in a real fight, but it's not like it'd be hopeless either. 

18 minutes ago, mystman said:

Why are we talking about a new Brawl for All as if Brock wouldn't just kill everyone?

Brock Lesnar has a big glaring weakness in his diverticulitis-riddled gut, there was reason to believe Lesnar may or may not have been ducking Bobby Lashley in MMA for why UFC never brought Lashley in, and the guy who had Lesnar's number in Cain Velasquez is also in WWE. Are you SURE about that?

6 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I can't lie, the Brawl for All theme is legit. They even reused it for Ezekiel Jackson it's so catchy. I'd like to have seen CFO$ take on a new theme. 

I wonder when they go through their library of music, do they go through it like we go through music for our CAW’s?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

9 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Brock Lesnar has a big glaring weakness in his diverticulitis-riddled gut, there was reason to believe Lesnar may or may not have been ducking Bobby Lashley in MMA for why UFC never brought Lashley in, and the guy who had Lesnar's number in Cain Velasquez is also in WWE. Are you SURE about that?

I forgot about Velasquez being in the WWE, mainly because the WWE forgot about Velasquez being in the WWE.

Lashley, though? I don't know. If he was good enough to beat a guy like Brock, why'd he leave MMA? I'm not questioning his credentials, I'm not much of a MMA guy. But was he really that good?

Edited by mystman

there's a girl from Pittsburgh who had a tryout for backstage interviewer with Chikara, she currently works for a really small indy here and her brother is/was an indy worker.  She's on twitter shilling nude pics.  This in and of itself is something, however when I brought it up to another wrestler he said "I thought all of the girls did that"   my the times we live in. 

Guest Edwin
41 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Cain gets injured before he makes it to Brawl for All.

Alright, that jokes been made, move on.

Guest Edwin
12 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

The last time Lesnar fought he beat Hunt who is pretty legit. And before anyone says he was on the gas, he'd be on the gas in a new Brawl for All situation. Paging @Elsalvajeloco for this one. 

Not trying to discredit Brock's win, but Hunt is the perfect opponent for someone like Brock.

Hunt struggles against wrestlers and grapplers and Brock is an enormous wrestler with a legit wrestling background.

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

I have no idea if all of your post is sarcasm or not, but let's say it's not. Why do people keep saying the bolded part? He was treated for diverticulitis years ago and has been over it for years.

Next, Lesnar was ducking Bobby Lashley? UFC didn't bring Lashley in because of that? What in the fuck are you talking about? Again, if you're being sarcastic, then whatever. Otherwise, this is about the most ignorant comment I've seen on here in a long time and that's saying a lot.

Look at this shit @Elsalvajeloco. Jesus H. Christ.

Edited by Craig H
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I have no idea if all of your post is sarcasm or not, but let's say it's not. Why do people keep saying the bolded part? He was treated for diverticulitis years ago and has been over it for years.

Next, Lesnar was ducking Bobby Lashley? UFC didn't bring Lashley in because of that? What in the fuck are you talking about? Again, if you're being sarcastic, then whatever. Otherwise, this is about the most ignorant comment I've seen on here in a long time and that's saying a lot.

Look at this shit @Elsalvajeloco. Jesus H. Christ.

You really don't need to abuse people like that. Such an irrelevant topic to get so fired up about.

Edited by RolandTHTG
  • Thanks 3

Guest Edwin
8 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

You really don't need to swear at people like that.

I agree with this, but he has a point and that entire Brock ducking Lashley theory is as laughable as Eddie Bravo's conspiracy theory talk.

Edited by Edwin

Normally I would yell at you all for all the MMA talk in the wrestling thread however I am about to add to it

The reason I am posting this here (even though I know its in the MMA folder) is because I have to imagine wrestling is next

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Normally I would yell at you all for all the MMA talk in the wrestling thread however I am about to add to it

The reason I am posting this here (even though I know its in the MMA folder) is because I have to imagine wrestling is next

Watch Vince buy the private super villain island now "cause I have my own network and nobody tells me what to do pal!"

Edited by keith_h