DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I mean he’s not lying. It’s literally just Trump giving his buddy cred. I mean I love wrestling, but the illusion of it being a sport should be reserved for its own circles at this point. Especially one that hires “independent contractors” who aren’t unionized. If this was a meeting of theatre & arts this would be more acceptable.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

In tears. Jason is a saint.

edit: to clarify, despite his absurdist, completely random title... this is SFW... other than the title.

Edited by Oyaji

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Oh, the shade! ?

Looks like Vince got on for both the WWE and XFL, being as he was the only one listed twice.

Is it in any way possible Trump is, in the most literal sense, a Mark?

Just now, AxB said:

Looks like Vince got on for both the WWE and XFL, being as he was the only one listed twice.

Is it in any way possible Trump is, in the most literal sense, a Mark?

He's obviously a mark for himself.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I thought someone said he was nominally included for the XFL. 

I dont see why people so bugged my McMahons inclusion either was, They are spectating in front of thousands of fans in domes an stadiums no matter if it's a known work. The common ground is the live areas and stadiums why split hairs on the classification.

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 3

Was Baron Corbin in the ring on WWE Network at the exact same time as 2008 Darin Corbin was in the ring on IWTV?

I bet the match I was watching was better ?

I hope Braun wins, then Roman comes out and is all "Sorry im late guys, had car trouble", then Braun is all "Sorry to hear you had 3 flat tyres, bro". 

Then Roman is like "I never mentioned THREE flat tyres, Use". Then the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme plays as Mania fades out on a close up of Braun looking awkward

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Judging by Twitter, there is one obnoxious, attention grabbing fan in attendance. Only it's the Ceiling Fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

I hope Braun wins, then Roman comes out and is all "Sorry im late guys, had car trouble", then Braun is all "Sorry to hear you had 3 flat tyres, bro". 

Then Roman is like "I never mentioned THREE flat tyres, Use". Then the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme plays as Mania fades out on a close up of Braun looking awkward

I thought this was going to lead to Johnny B. Badd showing up, but a Curb ending would be great too.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AxB said:

Judging by Twitter, there is one obnoxious, attention grabbing fan in attendance. Only it's the Ceiling Fan.

The lack of obnoxious fans going rogue and trying to get over is nice, but at the same time it's also shining a light on just how important the fans are to a pro wrestling show. It shows that you need the fans out there to sell that you are watching something amazing.

A lousy crowd can make a great match mediocre, a good match bad, and a bad match unwatchable. A molten hot crowd can make a bad match good, a good match great, and a great match iconic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Was Baron Corbin in the ring on WWE Network at the exact same time as 2008 Darin Corbin was in the ring on IWTV?

I bet the match I was watching was better ?

Hard not to be better than Baron Corbin

Not commenting on the show itself, but the WWE Network is fucking garbage. I'm watching on my browser since I'm playing a game on my other monitor and I just started the show 30 minutes ago. First, when I clicked on start from the beginning, it started live. Refreshing really quickly got me back to the same screen where I could choose to watch live or watch from the beginning. Again, I chose to watch from the beginning. I fast forwarded through a couple things and I'm watching Becky vs Shayna. Then it freezes. It won't unfreeze. I scrub to rewind and the player starts playing again, but the play, skip ahead, and skip backwards buttons won't fade from the middle of the window. I deal with it through the Becky vs Shayna match until I figure I can just refresh and know on the timestamp where I should go to to resume.

NOPE. Now there's no fucking option to watch WrestleMania. Fucking laughable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Ceiling Fan > Green Lantern Fan

• Like 2
  • Haha 3