DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

49 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Could you not figure out a way to get the corona on a pole Mr. Russo? 

Corona inside a Corona on a pole

and no, it's not inside a steel Davey Richards

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, caley said:

I think early 20s.  Of course, if I had access to DVDVR when I was younger, I probably wouldn't have also disliked Fit Finlay, either!  Somehow I never realized just how violent his matches were early on.  I remember being so bummed when he came back with the blonde hair, because I never liked him when he was first there.  I will blame WCW TV for that one, because their announcers, even on the weekend shows, tended to talk about everything else that was going on during the squash matches, and Dusty (And I love Dusty's commentary) just kind of laughed and enjoyed them stiffing the hell out of each other, and no one really put over how violent it was.  I think JR -as much as I came to dislike his WWE over-the-top style over time- might have been more effective at getting over just how much Finlay and Regal were beating the hell out of each other.  I dunno.

I must be the outlier because I was digging the hell out of Finlay/Regal/Bunkhouse during that mid 90's time and I was in my pre-teens. Those Worldwide/Pro/Saturday Night matches were great. And Finlay was my guy in WCW/nWo Revenge. I also used to read this board (and CRZ's) as a teenager so I guess it makes sense.

The only thing I can see happening is people starved for something new. Outside of the NFL draft sports are a dead topic. Long live sports entertainment. 

I really want to hear that conference call, I predicted to my wife last night Vince would end up on it.

40 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I really want to hear that conference call, I predicted to my wife last night Vince would end up on it.

If it’s anything like the call with the governors he did in front of the press, it’ll be pretty dull. Go one by one, feign interest in their concerns, agree to get them everything they need, onto the next one. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Corona inside a Corona on a pole

and no, it's not inside a steel Davey Richards

Hahahaha, now I'm picturing that gif of Richards and Edwards with the superplex off the top into a suplex over the top rope to the outside only it's Davey vs Rona in my head. Good shit pal. 

• Haha 1

Who’s the best mask seller currently today anyway? I’ve never bought one before, but I’d always be tempted to buy one from Highspots. Never pulled the trigger because I was never going to convince my parents to buy a 100+ dollar mask I’d have no real use for.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Other CMLL guys that I can think of who have closed mouth masks: Templario, Volcano, Kraneo. Although it's possible that you'd need to go to Mexico (not easy at the moment) or know somebody in Mexico to pull off some of those mask purchases.

It's possible that the more obscure you get with a mask purchase, the better the odds of some random Hispanic family thinking you're actually Volcano walking through their town because CMLL is shut down. Especially if you're fat and wearing a Lucha mask.

2 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Question: How many people actually subscribe to the WWE Network?  Isn't is one million or so?

Just curious.  Mark Henry predicted 200 million people would watch WM 36 and it'll become the most watched sporting event of all time.  Errr......

Henry is just living up to his name, while staying in WWE's good graces.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1

Pandemico seems like the name of somebody who's gonna be working in Mexico next year. (Yes, I know that's not the top result for translating Pandemic into Spanish on Google Translate)

At the very least, Pandemico's mask that looks like a coronavirus cell should be a test of "too soon?"

Edit: and Pandemico's finisher is a submission move where he makes you touch your face.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Who’s the best mask seller currently today anyway? I’ve never bought one before, but I’d always be tempted to buy one from Highspots. Never pulled the trigger because I was never going to convince my parents to buy a 100+ dollar mask I’d have no real use for.

Why buy one, when you can just make your own?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

I must be the outlier because I was digging the hell out of Finlay/Regal/Bunkhouse during that mid 90's time and I was in my pre-teens. Those Worldwide/Pro/Saturday Night matches were great. And Finlay was my guy in WCW/nWo Revenge. I also used to read this board (and CRZ's) as a teenager so I guess it makes sense.

It's the DVDVR connection! Years later I ordered a Phil Schneider comp tape and was like "Why is Fit Finlay on this?", watched it after reading his write-up and was BLOWN away by it.  Sometimes you just need a nudge from DVDVR in the right direction!