DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

That clock likely began its countdown 2 months earlier at Starrcade 87 in Chicago when it was a) moved out Crockett territory, b) saw the a Warriors not win the belt in their “hometown” c) up against the Survivor Series on PpV. 

All that hurt but the fact you could only see it in a select number of cities on PPV was the stunning blow.

Allegedly Ethan Page's Body Guy Extravaganza is going to be on YouTube on Friday. Although he originally made the claim yesterday so it might be some sort of elaborate rib. Or it's going to be Steiner and Cage having a posedown in front of their webcams.

7 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

All that hurt but the fact you could only see it in a select number of cities on PPV was the stunning blow.

Doesn't help that if you bought a ticket it had the wrong start time and missed the beginning of the show. Which you should be thankful for but you wouldn't know that at the time.

10 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

You're absolutely right about Gabriel's dad, different guys. Meaning there's an Original Pink Panther and Pink Panther II. 

Also, Rajah Lion (if the second word is meant as the English Lion and not an Indiana word with the same orthography). 

But did Gabriel ever wrestle as The Son of the Pink Panther?

2 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Doesn't help that if you bought a ticket it had the wrong start time and missed the beginning of the show. Which you should be thankful for but you wouldn't know that at the time.

It was worse than that.  I seem to recall tickets, local broadcasts, and the local paper all having a different bell time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

It was worse than that.  I seem to recall tickets, local broadcasts, and the local paper all having a different bell time.

I was talking about Starrcade from 87. The ticket time snafu was the Bunkhouse Stampede the next year. So basically, when it rains it pours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

Now this is the type of conspiracy theory I can get behind:

He then went on to steal the show at 7... and I guess you could argue 8 (but to me Bret v Piper has that honour)

I believe it. Savage vs. Dusty one-on-one at Mania would have been wild.

• Like 4

Has anyone seen Two Falls to a Finish? It's a British documentary about the rise/fall of World Of Sport and what that did to the wrestling scene in England in the subsequent years after it was cancelled. It kind of glosses over WoS and jumps into the 90s to "now" period pretty fast, focusing way too much time on stuff like those WWF tribute shows and FWA, other failed indies, etc.

I have to laugh at Big Daddy being nowhere as big as Haystacks, though.

22 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

He's completely unremarkable in the ring. They'd have coached some of his good instincts out of him. He has personality, but they'd have put it into a certain box.

I've said it before, but if he were in WWE he'd be either Miz or EC3. And all the people who love his work now probably feel very differently about him. 

I was going to add in that I pictured MJF ending up as EC3, but that's mostly due to the character similarities between he and pre-main roster EC3. I think HHH would have loved MJF and hid him in nxt for a long while.

14 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

Now this is the type of conspiracy theory I can get behind:

He then went on to steal the show at 7... and I guess you could argue 8 (but to me Bret v Piper has that honour)

I don't think Lance's theory is too far fetched.

1 hour ago, nate said:

I just now realized it's April.

Fuck you, 2020.

I just realized in New Jersey that we went all winter without any significant amount of snow. I didn't even have to break out the shovel this winter. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That really should be one of the bad match reviews for Secret Santo, for whoever hasn't seen it. So funny.

I just saw it in whole for the first time. Holee fuckballs.

• Haha 1

Wrestling Journalist Twitter is lit right now, with the highlight being Ryan Satin defending a TV show he did with Sheriff Joe Arpaio after a fan points it out, in response to Satin saying Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer aren't honest about who they're working for.

Of course Bix got involved too.

• Haha 1