DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

He's completely unremarkable in the ring. They'd have coached some of his good instincts out of him. He has personality, but they'd have put it into a certain box.

I've said it before, but if he were in WWE he'd be either Miz or EC3. And all the people who love his work now probably feel very differently about him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Settle down Edwin-itico!

Prince Puma needs a mention here as well

And Bengala.  All of them.  And Nightclaw

And there was more than one Gato Everready, it wasn't always Drago for sure

Ernest The Cat Miller probably wasn't mentioned because everyone answering is a disappointment.  Two fucking pages for Blue Panther.  Seriously.

There's also at least one Lucha shitshow unauthorized Hello Kitty.

Edited by Tromatagon

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I've said it before, but if he were in WWE he'd be either Miz or EC3. And all the people who love his work now probably feel very differently about him. 

You think? Are there a lot of people who love MJF but don't like The Miz?

So I am an idiot and watched Bunkhouse Stampede 1988 after watching Starrcade 1987. I knew nothing about the show and I thought Eaton-N. Koloff and Flair-Hawk would be good. A dull draw, a Larry Zybysko match and average Flair-Hawk match later came the Bunkhouse Stampede, the most Dusty match ever. That show needs a warning label. 

• Like 2

You're absolutely right about Gabriel's dad, different guys. Meaning there's an Original Pink Panther and Pink Panther II. 

Also, Rajah Lion (if the second word is meant as the English Lion and not an Indiana word with the same orthography). 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

So I am an idiot and watched Bunkhouse Stampede 1988 after watching Starrcade 1987. I knew nothing about the show and I thought Eaton-N. Koloff and Flair-Hawk would be good. A dull draw, a Larry Zybysko match and average Flair-Hawk match later came the Bunkhouse Stampede, the most Dusty match ever. That show needs a warning label. 

You will never see a more lukewarm reaction than Dusty winning that Bunkhouse Stampede.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

The good news is the WWF successfully counterprogrammed it, and basically nobody saw the show.

Jim Crockett's credit cards would argue with the good news part of that statement.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Jim Crockett's credit cards would argue with the good news part of that statement.

No, no, nobody buying it is bad. Nobody seeing it was good.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

No, no, nobody buying it is bad. Nobody seeing it was good.

I dunno. I would love to witness history and see the last gasp leaving the body of Jim Crockett Promotions. When Dusty leaves the ring holding that boot trophy awkwardly under his arm knowing that reaction was tepid at best, you almost expect a doomsday countdown clock to appear in the bottom, right hand corner of the screen. 

As for the opener of Eaton vs. Nikita....I know that it was thirty two years ago but that match may be still going on.

That clock likely began its countdown 2 months earlier at Starrcade 87 in Chicago when it was a) moved out Crockett territory, b) saw the a Warriors not win the belt in their “hometown” c) up against the Survivor Series on PpV. 

• Like 2