DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

God, he first met her in '89 when she just turned 19 and he considered cheating on his wife with her

Why am I not surprised

She is 21 years younger than Jerry and less than two years older than Brian Christopher was. Stay classy, King. 

There was a Pink Panther in Europe for a few months in 2005.

Also Giant Tiger in the US somewhere around that time frame. I think he had a kind of molester/rapist gimmick? I remember him facing Beef Wellington and forcing him to make out after the match so he'd "get his 25 Bucks". I swear. 

Edited by ReiseReise

35 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

How are we on the second page of this and no one has mentioned Blue Panther

Yep.  Rippa is banning everyone who didn't mention Blue Panther earlier.

1 hour ago, The Great ML said:

WWE isn't even essential to the wrestling business itself. Vince McMahon somehow got outclassed (if you can call it that) by Dana White in the sleazy promoter category.

Y'all do realize that AEW tapes in the state of Florida too, right?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stu Hart's Tiger.

Wrestling promoter and wrestler Stu Hart would wrestle tigers in his Stampede Wrestling territory.[9][10][11] His match with the tiger Sasha "Chi-Chi" was performed partly as a publicity stunt for the Calgary Stampede and was on the behalf of the Calgary Fish and Wildlife Association.[12] Hart's daughter Diana also stated that he had a cheetah who he had borrowed[a] over to their home, the Hart mansion which he may have planned to wrestle.[13]

Sasha "Chi-Chi"! 

Edited by Curt McGirt

2 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

There was a Pink Panther in Europe for a few months in 2005.

Also Giant Tiger in the US somewhere around that time frame. I think he had a kind of molester/rapist gimmick? I remember him facing Beef Wellington and forcing him to make out after the match so he'd "get his 25 Bucks". I swear. 

Giant Tiger was part of inter species wrestling. What I didn’t know until later is that giant tiger is/was a Canadian supermarket chain.