DVDVR Message Board

Go Home Raw, You Are Drunk - 3/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

15 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Pulled from WWE.com, right now

20200323_WM_TuneIn_Sat_Sun--de47179b71b6

The costume choices are fascinating.  Charlotte wearing a wooden crown because she's a pirate queen?  Roman looking like the video game character no one picks.  Becky looking like she's about to massively fuck up her audition for Vikings.

...And Cena's still Boston white-trash.  lol

• Haha 11

That made me laugh a lot. Thanks for that.

It's also weird to me that they've kept the pirate theme for all of this. I'm not saying to go with something vanilla, but they should have enough graphic designers on hand to come up with something different. Either that or they're just looking at this all as sunk cost and don't give a fuck.

Probably the latter.

38 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Who knows? Were they advertising this to be on the Network on RAW?

After this quarantine is over you need to be the first person outside doing other shit besides posting on here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zartan said:

After this quarantine is over you need to be the first person outside doing other shit besides posting on here. 

Brother, all I do is work out here. I’m in the shit with filthy tourist, and stupid old people that decide they need to venture out, and buy groceries. I’m not posting STARDOM pictures, or working at home. I leave my job with gashes on my hand, and possibly mold in my lungs. I sure post here, but it’s never on a PC.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Cena looks like he didn’t show up for the photo shoot. I’m trying to remember the last time he wore the Celtics colors. That has to be around the Rock feud at least.

"photo shoot"

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

The most exciting thing about Mania right now is finding what matches they were able to actually tape and what matches they're advertising that are basically lies.

The clusterfuckness of it all has me tempted to do another free trial.

2 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

The clusterfuckness of it all has me tempted to do another free trial.

The closest comparison is the time a few years ago where Rollins and a bunch of other people were out and they were hurting pretty badly to put the card back together. Then they left Cesaro off completely just to redebut him on Raw. 

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Fox Sports PPV

It amused me hearing them say "contact your pay per view provider" in their advertisement talk. Like who is/has to/would pay that amount. 

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Either that or they're just looking at this all as sunk cost and don't give a fuck.

They've been booking like that long enough.

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Becky looking like she's about to massively fuck up her audition for Vikings.

This is the winner.

5 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Also - yikes

I knew WWE 2K20 was glitchy...but fuck.

I know the apologists will claim that this is all Covid-related and, yes, it is undeniable that this virus has prevented them putting on the type of shows that the WWE would have liked to and would've been able to do....except, if I'm not mistaken, they have put on the shows that they would've put on for the most part.

Undertaker's been around for his usual 1-2 appearances. Goldberg's been around for his usual 1-2 appearances. Ditto for Cena and Lesnar and Edge and Orton. Its not like most of these part-timers were going to appear on every show from January to April. They've all made their dates. And, to me, its just silly to think that, in front of a live audience, the Street Profits are going to bring in 500k more viewers than they would in an empty arena. Yes, the empty arena shows are have hurt the ratings, but how much are we prescribing to it? Are there really 500k-1 million fans that would've tuned in for the full 3-hour chore if the arena was full? C'mon. This shit was cold before the world went to hell.

Maybe the decrease would've been lesser, but we were already heading to record lows in my estimation. 

* And I agree that nobody should be concerned about ratings at a time like this - yes, it is really, really trivial - but its also a diversion to talk about. I really mean no offense in bringing up the discussion and assure everyone that most of my day is spent in sheer panic/general disgust about this world. 

Edited by DMJ
  • Like 1

The bad part about all of this is that I was actually kind of intrigued for WrestleMania this year, since you had Becky vs Shayna on a massive stage, the debut of Rhea Ripley in front of like 60K+, and Drew possibly beating Brock Lesnar and being the guy on RAW. As it is right now, I'm only interested in the AJ/Undertaker and Cena/Wyatt because they're off-site matches and those are always, at the very least, different from what WWE usually presents. But I have absolutely zero interest in matches in front of zero people - whether it's WWE or NXT or AEW or an indie promotion. Just takes all of the joy out of a wrestling match, and especially for a show like WrestleMania where it's all about the spectacle.

Drew McIntyre can talk all he wants about how people will remember this WrestleMania and he's not bummed out that his (likely) crowning moment in his career will occur in an empty gym in Florida, but I don't believe that for a minute. And people will remember this event, not because of the show, but because of the circumstances behind it. Given how fucking weird Vince is, I can see this one hardly ever being referenced in the coming years because it's such an embarrassment.

Reading about DAZN holding back payments to Bellator makes me think USA, and TNT would do the same to both WWE, and AEW if they don’t provide new content. So even if the ratings keep dipping, they’ll have no choice but to give these channels what they want.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

14 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

I don't feel like anyone should be concerned about ratings at a time like this.

This is the second time in two weeks that someone has said this, and I still don't get it. 1 in 4 Americans are stuck at home right now. Are we supposed to just panic-watch the nightly news or something?

• Like 1