DVDVR Message Board

Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson Appreciation.

23 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

I didn’t realize how much I wanted a Bryan/Yano match before now.

If Bryan can work with Kane for ten minutes teasing only a hug?  We could have the first 5star comedy match here.

That's one of my favourite comedy matches. You can audibly hear the crowd laughing when Daniel Bryan says to Kane: "I hugged you! You didn't hug me!"

• Like 1

In this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer gave some updates on AEW potentially signing two big free agents in Daniel Bryan and CM Punk:

While no one has been able to confirm either signing, Meltzer said Bryan (Bryan Danielson) and AEW have been talking for months as he is considering WWE, AEW and New Japan as his next destination. New Japan is still the big X-factor, according to Meltzer, and part of the reason WWE president Nick Khan was trying to get a working relationship going.

"My belief is that if it was not for the pandemic, Danielson would have already been wrestling in New Japan by now unless a deal was made with WWE or AEW where he promised them the first appearance and match back since the AEW or WWE money offers would be so much higher and thus it was a virtual lock he was ending up in one place or the other," he wrote.

Meltzer said a a WWE source tells him that internally, the belief is that Punk has signed with AEW.

"There are a number of things going on behind-the-scenes that would indicate that, but nobody in AEW has confirmed it, and of course, they won’t until the decision is made for them to go public with something of that magnitude," he wrote.

He added that WWE previously had no interest in bringing him back, but AEW's interest may have changed that.

He also noted that secondary ticket prices for All Out in Chicago have increased 18% since the rumors started with a "get in" price of $141.

I just hope that AEW has their concussion shit sorted out by now as they've been just awful with anything related to that or someone getting knocked out mid-match and... I don't want to say it didn't matter as much before but if Bryan does come in it can go from dream to nightmare in a flash if they don't have that nailed down by now.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, username said:

I just hope that AEW has their concussion shit sorted out by now as they've been just awful with anything related to that or someone getting knocked out mid-match and... I don't want to say it didn't matter as much before but if Bryan does come in it can go from dream to nightmare in a flash if they don't have that nailed down by now.

That's my biggest issue with AEW when it comes to knocked out wrestlers: Matt Hardy on AEW All Out 2020 and Alex Reynolds on AEW Dynamite. Both carried on even though Ref Aubrey stopped Hardy/Sammy. I almost turned All Out off as I was angry with the resumption.

Edited by The Natural

Y4HD5mQ=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

zMPe9kI.gif

R.f34433d200145406c52ae6f1e3e1b27f?rik=r

WWE Championship: John Cena (c) vs. Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam 2013. A ***** match. Bryan's best match ever and same for Cena. What a way to debut a new finisher as Daniel Bryan beats John Cena cleanly which few get to do, putting down the Man in WWE. I watched the show as it went out and it was well worth losing sleep for.

• Like 1

Dr7pIStVAAAjNL1?format=jpg&name=900x900

Daniel Bryan regains the WWE Championship ending AJ Styles' one year reign the week of Survivor Series 2018. This meant Daniel Bryan, the WWE Champion wrestled Brock Lesnar, the WWE Universal Champion in the champion vs champion match at Survivor Series.

Edited by The Natural

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 5:20 AM, The Natural said:

Dr7pIStVAAAjNL1?format=jpg&name=900x900

Daniel Bryan regains the WWE Championship ending AJ Styles' one year reign the week of Survivor Series 2018. This meant Daniel Bryan, the WWE Champion wrestled Brock Lesnar, the WWE Universal Champion in the champion vs champion match at Survivor Series.

The naturally fallen oak-biodegradable hemp belt is my favorite character-custom championship ever. All hail the weed belt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

The naturally fallen oak-biodegradable hemp belt is my favorite character-custom championship ever. All hail the weed belt

And another unfortunately placed graphic makes Bryan look like he is out there stark nude.

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?!?!?

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Oh shit, I had no idea they'd wrestled, let alone in ROH?! 

Still, a match in AEW as veterans should be phenomenal...

Yes, Bryan Danielson vs. Christian Cage in Ring of Honour, 2006. Bryan was the ROH Champion and Christian Cage the NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2021 at 4:28 PM, paul sosnowski said:

Wait a second...wasn't this a tag match?   May 12, 2006 Christian & Colt Cabana vs Bryan Danielson & Christopher Daniels?    I don't see a singles match between them

ROH Generation Now, July 2006, featured a Danielson/Cage singles match.