DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 3/25/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Here's what's on tap for tonight:

* Triple H addresses Takeover: Tampa

* Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa will have to answer to Triple H for their recent brawl at the WWE Performance Center

* NXT Champion Adam Cole shares a special message

* Austin Theory vs. Tyler Breeze

* Roderick Strong vs. NXT Tag Team Champion Matt Riddle

* Ladder Match Qualifier: Candice LeRae vs. Kayden Carter

* Ladder Match Qualifier: Xia Li vs. Aliyah

They opened the broadcast by announcing that the matches that were supposed to happen at NXT Takeover: Tampa Bay will be taking place on the USA broadcasts of NXT, starting next Wednesday.

Edited by Gonzo

I think it really says what much they like Stokely in NXT that they would have him manage a team that as far as I know has almost no indie wrestling experience.  I think one guy won TNA version of Gut Check when they were in India a couple years ago but they never used him.  Hopefully they worked a bunch in other countries but maybe I am wrong but maybe these guys are learning the business in front the beginning at the performance center

Edited by hammerva

The only thing he has to worry about is the minute Vince finds out how funny he is.   Then he may be screwed.  Clearly NXT doesn't have an issue with this as they spend what 8 months on an angle about a missing Walkman or CD Player that was frankly one of the top storylines of 2019 in the WWE

Edited by hammerva

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I am still confused how far back in tapings MLW is because Killer Kross seems to be featured heavily in it

What Infinit said.  Kross was booked to join Team Filthy but WWE brought him in.

I support Bivens assuming the Slick mantle of Resident WWE Heel Black Manager.  He needs to bring in more international talent under his evil banner so I can pretend it is a revival of The Embassy without Prince Nana.

I marked big for Io's win, but I wish they had gone through and given Aliyah her kayfabe revenge clean for the nose incident even if Xia's knee injury was probably a work and duh it will eventually come out that Aliyah was behind the whole thing.

Tyler Breeze got a win? Get The Fuck Out Of Here!  I continue to enjoy the muddled journey of Austin Theory from green as grass journeyman to super worker.  He'll eventually figure it out if his ego allows him to.  Now I am not so critical of the booking where Ciampa interrupted his match and beat the shit out of the guy.

Edited by J.T.

It was nice to see Bivens finally debut. I don't give a crap about his team, but I'm happy to see him.

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

The only thing he has to worry about is the minute Vince finds out how funny he is.   Then he may be screwed.  Clearly NXT doesn't have an issue with this as they spend what 8 months on an angle about a missing Walkman or CD Player that was frankly one of the top storylines of 2019 in the WWE

Why do you think that was written by NXT? That was clearly just the talent fucking around.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

I marked big for Io's win, but I wish they had gone through and given Aliyah her kayfabe revenge clean for the nose incident even if Xia's knee injury was probably a work and duh it will eventually come out that Aliyah was behind the whole thing.

Why give Aliyah clean revenge? Shit happens in wrestling. She is a heel. And it was a work. 

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

Why give Aliyah clean revenge? Shit happens in wrestling. She is a heel. And it was a work. 

Every heel should have their day when they make their return, IMO, especially if they go out on an injury angle, kayfabe or otherwise.

That is probably the Southern territories booking in me bubbling to the surface.

Io being booked impromptu into the match just reminds me of the ECW style of rando booking that I absolutely hate.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

One of the guys Rinku Singh is the guy who won an Indian reality competition to get a contact pitching for the Pittsburgh Pirates organization where he never made it out of the minor leagues. The story was made into the Disney film Million Dollar Arm.  

Whoa, that's the same guy? I had no idea, I thought they just had similar names.

13 hours ago, w. josh said:

Theory feels like a heel Lance Storm with more charisma. I'm still not sure what the ceiling for that is. 

Since the dig on Storm was that he lacked charisma, hopefully pretty high. That said, I don't see it with Theory yet. He seems very generic still.

Stoked for Dexter and Killer Kross, both guys I've been waiting to see for a while. Not the best time, of course, and it was odd showing two similar vignettes like that but both guys have great presentations. Lumis was also on the NWA pop-up show they just released on YouTube if anyone wants a preview.

Guest Edwin

I like Rinku and Saurav. I've seen a bunch of times at live events. They aren't super workers or anything, but they are big dudes who work a snug big dude style. They've worked a dark match at one of the first USA TV tapings.

Theory is young and has a great look, but he's as generic as they come and he does rolls into cutters and dropkicks for no reason which is lame especially when you already have Swerve on the roster doing similar spots.

I've seen Dexter at live events and in EVOLVE and he is fantastic. Again, not a super worker or anything, but his creep artist character is great. He was in the Breakout tournament and has been around for a while, so I know some of you are familiar with him from before hand.

Am I the only one paying attention to the match way more with no crowd? Austin Theory really shined with his shit talking, added much to his persona. Dain looked the best he's been in awhile.

So freakin glad Io is back.

Between Brendan Vink, Jack Gallagher, and Aiden English... they have the makings of a great stable.

I hope Bivens has a good set of threads next time (he may have had trouble putting together one this time?).