DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/25/2020

Dolfan in NYC

51 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Loved Cody big leaguing Tony about him saying his favorite Captain was Sisko, and his very flat, “I’m being told that it’s Chris Pine. Kelvin timeline.” (Although that did not look like Chris Pine.) 

Goddammit Tony...

Everyone knows it's Picard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Ishii has kicked out of it once, but it's fucking Ishii.  He should kick out of everything, especially something that drops him on his iron skull.

Okada has kicked out of it once, but not from the subsequent V-Trigger that killed him dead.

No lie.  I really was hoping that Sammy would win that title match.

Those were rope breaks. And Kenny has pinned Okada three times, each with the One-Winged Angel.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Goddammit Tony...

Everyone knows it's Picard.

43 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

As a DS9 mark and someone watching the series now with his girlfriend who's never seen it, that conversation made my week. I'm hoping for a Picard-like revival.

I can honestly go either way on this one. Picard and Sisko were the best without question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Brodie was eating either a porterhouse or a ribeye (probably a ribeye). His steak had a bone and way too much fat for a filet. One of the Beaver Boys had a filet though, like an absurdly large filet, and a side so large it looked like it came from Ruth's Chris.

Ruth Chris is good shit, pal!

• Haha 2

I now legit wonder if Vince has to eat his meal before everyone else. On top of that, I'm wondering if the whole Exalted One/Dark Order gimmick is a meta rib on Vince and those working directly underneath him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Brodie was eating either a porterhouse or a ribeye (probably a ribeye). His steak had a bone and way too much fat for a filet. One of the Beaver Boys had a filet though, like an absurdly large filet, and a side so large it looked like it came from Ruth's Chris.

Cody mentioned it was a Morton’s...

33 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ruth Chris is good shit, pal!

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm hungry for Ruth's Chris now. Dammit so much.

I've been grilling every non-rainy day since being stuck at home.  I'm definitely seeing some steaks in my future.  Especially since the only meat stores have right now are chicken breasts (why is everyone buying all the fucking wings???), ground beef, and higher-end steaks.

15 minutes ago, Peck said:

I now legit wonder if Vince has to eat his meal before everyone else. On top of that, I'm wondering if the whole Exalted One/Dark Order gimmick is a meta rib on Vince and those working directly underneath him. 

And Vince was the higher power!  It's a gimmick wrapped in a gimmick!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I've been grilling every non-rainy day since being stuck at home.  I'm definitely seeing some steaks in my future.  Especially since the only meat stores have right now are chicken breasts (why is everyone buying all the fucking wings???), ground beef, and higher-end steaks.

We haven't grilled yet. Just stuck to crock pot things to last us multiple days. Did a pork shoulder for BBQ pork the other day and making italian beef over the weekend. Steak sounds really fucking good though. Now I'm tempted to go to the store to see if NY strip is on sale.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Dynamite was bumped from TSN 2 this week, airing on TSN 3 and 4.

What other major sporting event was going on that could necessitate bumping live wrestling? A special airing of Talladega Nights. 

This explains why it did not record for me...

Brodie's finisher looks like dogshit. Hit a fucking Stan Hansen lariat, you are fucking huge. Marshall also seemingly spun the wrong way. which made it look worse. 

Someone needs to pull the plug on professional wrestling right now. All of these empty arena shows suck. Send the workers and the crew home until the pandemic is over. 

• Like 1

Agreed. I really want to like Brodie but between the petty shots at McMahon, the gear (it's better but not great), and the contrived finisher it's been a less than ideal two weeks. Couldn't agree more with you on wrestling needing to go away too. I don't even know if I'm going to bother watching.

It's also a lot easier to skip the shows when you consider that there will be no meaningful story development during all this. 

I thought they'd gotten all the WWE potshots out of their system. It's all very TNA.

4 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Those were rope breaks. And Kenny has pinned Okada three times, each with the One-Winged Angel.

Two count is still a two count but yeah, OWA was a very protected move even when it's a guy like Okada taking it.  It's one of the most protected gaijin finishers since Hanson's lariat or Vader's Power Bomb although Kenny is arguably more Japanese than most Japanese people.

Jay White's old finisher is now a false finish / hope spot and IIRC he's using Frankie Kazarian's Wave of the Future / Bray Wyatt's Sister Abigail as his actual finisher.

Edited by J.T.

Regardless ratings are starting to get hurt by the empty arenas. Raw from this past Monday posted one of it’s worst hours ever. The novelty of it is starting to wear off and I think audiences are finding better things to do than to try to watch live  athletics during this time. AEW getting weird might be best for the time being. They can even try what Warner Bros. did in the 80s with the Looney Tunes by jamming all the best material and wrap new Hardy material around it.

Maybe they can even do a bottle episode next week(Or do one every week and see how ridiculous the new places they can get stuck in next) with the elite getting stuck in an elevator and to calm their nerves they reminisce about the good old days. Khan could probably ask Excalibar to talk to Dragon about sending over PWG footage of The Elite. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Regardless ratings are starting to get hurt by the empty arenas. Raw from this past Monday posted one of it’s worst hours ever. The novelty of it is starting to wear off and I think audiences are finding better things to do than to try to watch live  athletics during this time. AEW getting weird might be best for the time being. They can even try what Warner Bros. did in the 80s with the Looney Tunes by jamming all the best material and wrap new Hardy material around it.

Maybe they can even do a bottle episode next week(Or do one every week and see how ridiculous the new places they can get stuck in next) with the elite getting stuck in an elevator and to calm their nerves they reminisce about the good old days. Khan could probably ask Excalibar to talk to Dragon about sending over PWG footage of The Elite. 

This is why I don't get the captive audience argument that ratings will automatically go up. Do people realize it's the 21st century and you don't have to sit down and watch wrestling even under the worst conditions?