Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Dolfan in NYC

Raw is a Myrtle Beach Safari - 3/23/2020

Recommended Posts

For those who missed it, this is the tiger preserve the Undertaker was at: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked that someone watched Dynamite and decided to change the camera angles for this show.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also with the announcement of the Boneyard Match we are one step closer to an entire WrestleMania without a ring.  I approve of this even though it's Vince Russo's vision some 20 years later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the FUCK does the ring announcer keep telling an empty building to "please welcome" someone????  This makes me want to punch things.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not always real fond of Randy Orton, but that was one hell of a promo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Peck said:

Why the FUCK does the ring announcer keep telling an empty building to "please welcome" someone????  This makes me want to punch things.

They're talking to you the viewer at home. Duh. THE UNIVERSE~!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrade/Garza make a hell of a tag team. I wouldn't mind seeing them go farther and win the tag titles down the line before the big breakup. Garza/Chuck vs Zelina/Andrade is going to be great.

Promos need to be conducted in empty arenas from now on. Such an improvement. Orton's was outstanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ryan said:

They're talking to you the viewer at home. Duh. THE UNIVERSE~!

I can’t welcome somebody who is not in the same physical building as me. Ugh! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Taker and McCool were at a legit cult compound ran by a dude that has brainwashed himself a whole harem of women. 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peck said:

Why the FUCK does the ring announcer keep telling an empty building to "please welcome" someone????  This makes me want to punch things.

It's probably a Vince thing on one of his lists. DO say this. DON'T say that.

I tried to watch most of this show. The one part that cracked me up was Alister's match. When he hit the kick on that poor kid, the referee's facial expressions were amazing. The ref was like DAMN.

So I guess a prefilmed match will get around Taker's limitations. It's amazing how a 42 year old AJ Styles is the young guy in this match.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this episode showed some encouraging signs for WWE adapting to this new format. Besides the camera angles, I thought choosing two fast-paced high-impact matches in Cena/Brock/Seth and Charlotte/Asuka was a much more effective use of archival footage than replaying the entire men's Rumble, even though that was a very good match in its own right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrade/Garza vs. Ricochet/Cedric was nice though Garza seemed to have ether mistimed some of his superkicks or just desperately want to go into a superkick party. He had to pull back on at least 2 or 3 of them. I felt for poor Cedric on that elbow at the end. Andrade/Garza going for the tag titles feels so damn random, but I don't have many complaints since they are good.

Orton's promo at the end was good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Andrade/Garza going for the tag titles feels so damn random, but I don't have many complaints since they are good.

I know they don’t really care about managers, but they missed a prime opportunity to say Zelina was able to negotiate them into a tag title match.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't have a problem with them showing more archival footage but the choices were so fresh in my mind I didn't need to see them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I didn't have a problem with them showing more archival footage but the choices were so fresh in my mind I didn't need to see them. 

It's funny. I was just thinking "man, having stuff from a few years ago made it a lot more interesting than stuff I just watched a month or two ago"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting for Andrade to turn on Garza and we get the cousins teaming up for a run.

Andrade can call on "Lucha Royalty" to back him up...

Image result for prince puma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like Randy Orton, but, "Adam Copeland is a junkie for Edge" is a great line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cubbymark said:

I don't like Randy Orton, but, "Adam Copeland is a junkie for Edge" is a great line.

I'm not a huge fan of either guy in the ring barring the sprinkled match here and there, but they've always made magic together. That RAW match the week after Shawn/Cena nearly went an hour was a pretty great tv match.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I'm not a huge fan of either guy in the ring barring the sprinkled match here and there, but they've always made magic together. That RAW match the week after Shawn/Cena nearly went an hour was a pretty great tv match.

One of my favorite matches from either guy. Heel vs heel matches are tough, but they got the crowd on board and made it feel special. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angel Garza stealing the Tag Rope and trying to tag in the wrong corner was a great Heel tactic that I don't believe I have seen before. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Angel Garza stealing the Tag Rope and trying to tag in the wrong corner was a great Heel tactic that I don't believe I have seen before. 

Referring to your board tag, I think the MCMGs did something similar in RoH or Impact, but that was a long time ago.

Edited by J.T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, L_W_P said:

I'm waiting for Andrade to turn on Garza and we get the cousins teaming up for a run.

Andrade can call on "Lucha Royalty" to back him up...

Image result for prince puma

As much as I'd love to see Ricochet rock the Prince Puma gimmick again, I don't want the WWE to buy the licensing IP so that he can only use it in the WWE.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, Taker and McCool were at a legit cult compound ran by a dude that has brainwashed himself a whole harem of women. 😬

I saw your post before I read anything about the Tiger Shark thing, and I immediately filled in the blanks with McCool meeting the girl from Smallville at a convention signing and dragging Taker to NXIVM meetings. 

The reality is at least...less bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not so sure, but then I haven't finished the series on Netflix yet... it feels like it is gonna get worse before it gets better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...