DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 10/25/13

victor

Smackdown's up on Dailymotion. I, naturally, went right to the Wyatt/Miz thing. It's pretty creepy and exactly what they need to get over as deranged maniacs. Hopefully we get a lot more of this stuff. If they started with them laying dudes out and making them wear lamb's masks while writing things on their body they'd be ridiculously over.

INTRO -- HHH as the biggest douche is still great. I love him blaming him firing six people because of Show's ego. Bryan's been really great since he toned down the Jon Stewart-style sarcasm.

Usos vs. Wyatts. This was good for the length it gave. Man, people need to stop sleeping on the Wyatts. They're good. They're sort of like how The Usos were a year or two ago in that they're good but no one is realizing it yet. Once they find a spot to give them a 10-15 minute match, they'll be fine. I really hope, though, they figure out a way to have someone decipher Bray's messages and explain him to the dumb dumbs who watch wrestling.

AJ/NIKKI -- I'll give the Bella's credit for at least trying and caring a little bit. Brie's a lot better than Nikki, though. AJ gets something vaguely watchable out of this. Tamina as AJ's enforcer works, I think. The divas division: No longer the biggest waste of time.

Wyatt's kidnap and torture Miz -- that was great. I love it when they just show the ramifications of a beatdown and not the beating itself. I mean, I love a good beatdown, but I also love imagining what the hell was going on back there with them. I can see some intern or local talent or Justin Roberts walking past and hearing Miz scream, Bray laugh and some goat face shadow and just casually walking away like nothing was going on.

MATADORES/3MB -- I love Torito just so the heels can rank on him. "He could have rabies."

RYBACK+HEYMAN/CM SKUNK -- The guy's impersonation at first was fine but whatever. This was like 30% of Ryback squashing dudes during his first push. I did like him powerbombing that dude on his C-4 real awkwardly, tho. Heyman putting his foot on the dude's face for the pin was good heeling. But eh.

ADR's promo -- eh. I'm really excited for this match tho. ADR targeting an arm and Cena selling an arm and overcoming the odds? That's like an automatic *** match right away. I legit think that could be a sleeper MOTYC with those two. The crowd will by hype for Cena's return.

R. Truth as Don West is probably the best way to use him. I do like his hyperkinetic insanity. He's a good veteran presence to have. Just nice, short segments like this and have him in the occasional match and take a beating from whatever heel they're pushing.

FANDANGO/KHALI -- Whatever. I didn't watch. I did watch the Nattie/Summer Rae catfight. Hopefully they start letting Summer Rae do her stuff in the big show. She's really good in NXT. She's a total mean girl and awful person.

The Main Event -- Man oh man are we a spoiled bunch. A match like this is some throwaway Smackdown match and it would be a Top 10 match pretty much, oh, any other year in at least a decade. Cody Rhodes is so, so, so, so good at Playing Ricky Morton. The Shield are so great at cut-offs and the like. Dustin's really good at Ricky Morton. No one does a comeback quite like Daniel Bryan. And Big E. was really good -- they just gave him a little bit to do. It's the strategy they used -- take a talented guy and toss him in the ring with awesome workers and he'll be great, too. Big E's also super charismatic and funny. His big push to the top's going to be fun. Just have him tear through that tool Curtis, rock that belt and run with it for a bit and somehow figure out a way to have him fight various Sheild members in various combinations, preferably somehow involving a Rhodes family member and/or Mark Henry. He'll be great. He's well ahead of the curve right now.Thank you, Smackdown. That was enjoyable.

• Like 1

Del Rio's promo tonight was fine in a vacuum, but a total 180 from last week. The guy is a good-very good worker, and a decent promo. However, the total package has seemed off ever since he was wrongfully inserted in the Summer of Punk storyline. The match itself with Cena should be solid, though Cena will likely be limited. Hopefully they can craft an angle to give Del Rio some much needed direction again.

Enjoyed the main event match, and they become really good at booking strong finishing runs in these matches (helps to have talent like Daniel Bryan, the Rhodes's and The Shield to work with). Not surprised that more of the pessimistic posters here are assuming that Orton is winning on Sunday. I think Bryan should win, even though Orton's heel run here has been somewhat botched. I would rather they go gung-ho with a guy and not half-ass it by trying to split the difference. I would predict Bryan to win with a gun to my head, but can definitely see Orton winning with a screwy finish. 

Del Rio's promo tonight was fine in a vacuum, but a total 180 from last week. The guy is a good-very good worker, and a decent promo. However, the total package has seemed off ever since he was wrongfully inserted in the Summer of Punk storyline. The match itself with Cena should be solid, though Cena will likely be limited. Hopefully they can craft an angle to give Del Rio some much needed direction again.

Enjoyed the main event match, and they become really good at booking strong finishing runs in these matches (helps to have talent like Daniel Bryan, the Rhodes's and The Shield to work with). Not surprised that more of the pessimistic posters here are assuming that Orton is winning on Sunday. I think Bryan should win, even though Orton's heel run here has been somewhat botched. I would rather they go gung-ho with a guy and not half-ass it by trying to split the difference. I would predict Bryan to win with a gun to my head, but can definitely see Orton winning with a screwy finish. 

The only reason I'm leaning towards Orton winning is due to him losing on SD and the usual "guy loses the week before a PPV, then wins there" logic. I would prefer to see Bryan win at the PPV. Ditto Big E. Bryan winning with HBK as the ref and them closing the show holding the title high would be awesome.

CM Skunk on Smackdown was actually Cincinnati area indy wrestler Danny Todd. He trained with and competes primarily for the Northern Wrestling Federation (same promotion that started out Karl Anderson, Chris Harris, Abyss, and Jillian Hall among others). 

I am not one to typically be like "WWE should fire so and so" but really, how in the HELL has Hornswoggle lasted as long as he has? He adds zero value to anything anymore. He's too fat to even work at this stage - and it's not like a heel turn and run with El Torito would mean anything either.

Wyatt/Miz feud will only be good when/if Maryse gets involved.I would really like to see Maryse interact with Bray for some reason.

She exchanges sexual favors for Miz's freedom?

See, one of the biggest mistakes the WWE made was not pulling the trigger on Miz and Maryse as an on screen couple.The Miz's douchebag factor would have gone up tenfold with her.