DVDVR Message Board

Jae's Quarantine Wrestling Extravaganza!

jaedmc

Hey fuckers let's enjoy some wrestling together.

I started off with PAUL ROMA matches. The first being where Paul Roma basically dicks Alex Wright around for 12 minutes and refuses to stay down for the three count.

That lead me to Paul Roma wrestling Boris Zhukov in a match where Roma gets a 10 Count side headlock over and delivers a GREAT Power Slam. How many times would JR have called Paul Roma a "Blue Chipper" if he was calling this.

This lead me into a BORIS ZHUKOV rabbithole, where I'm just watching him get squashed by Koko B. Ware, Hogan, and Hercules. It's all on Youtube.

This is what I'm doing instead of watching the French matches @Matt D recommended to me. I'll get to those. That and the DDT Universe subscription I just signed up for.

Any recommendations are accepted and post your own weird gems. The acting business is shut down in Chicago so I'm just running D&D online and watching wrestling. Let's make the best of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, AxB said:

Everyone loves Zona 23 Deathmatches now. Here is Pagano vs Venum, from 2017:

This was so bad it was funny.

That flaming table spot that never was. Slipping on the windshield. The drunk old guy having a spiritual moment was better than whatever they were doing in the ring.

Mexican fans can out Juggalo the Juggalos all day.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Sean O'Haire shit, who might be from Houston For All I Know.

did I just watch a Sean O'Haire Tribute set to a song from the Mortal Kombat Film Soundtrack WHICH I OWNED AND LISTENED TO HEAVILY? 

O'Haire is such a weird dude. So athletic and a great look, but I don't remember shit about his matches.

I've been watching a lot of Bruiser Brody. Here he is vs another great big man forgotten with time Jerry Blackwell, in AWA where Brody was referred to as King Kong Brody. Anyone from the old board remember back in 07 when ESPN Classic starting running AWA again and we all were in shock about how good Jerry Blackwell was?

• Like 1

I am down for a random quarantine viewing thread.

Last night’s rabbit hole was, for whatever reason, Mania promo videos. Can we all agree “Monster” > “My Way”? Because it’s not even close.

I also got deep into Larry Z matches stemming from a watch of War Games 92 (and holy shit the talent level in that match).

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Last night’s rabbit hole was, for whatever reason, Mania promo videos. Can we all agree “Monster” > “My Way”? Because it’s not even close.

I also got deep into Larry Z matches stemming from a watch of War Games 92 (and holy shit the talent level in that match).

I still look up the Monster promo to watch.

Remember all those DESIRE videos they did. I remember liking the Kid Rock Lonely Road of Faith one, a song I've never listened to outside of watching that promo. I just liked seeing all that history and the moment Macho Man starts spinning around. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX4_Imj_B1M&ab_channel=IsraelAguilar

• Like 2

This was from an indy show at the County Center in White Plains, NY from summer of 2001. I was at the show and one of my dad's best friends from the Blue Knights police motorcycle club who was a County PD officer assigned to the show told me the exact crowd was 171.

This thread motivated me to look up an old Mortis v Ultimo Dragon match on Nitro from 23 years ago. I don’t think I’ve seen it since it aired, but I really liked it at the time and even tried to pimp it on tOA. I found it on DailyMotion, and I think it is still a fun little sprint from early in Mortis’s push. I had forgotten he was pushed as a pit fighter from southeast Asia.

Edited by JonnyLaw
  • Like 1

I’m currently looking for a promo Regal cut shortly after first becoming Lord Steven Regal in WCW where he explains why he turned heel, and I came across his contract signing against Sting which is probably one of my favorite segments of all time. I know it’s been posted here quite a bit before, but here it is again:

Edited by JonnyLaw
  • Like 2

A lot of mid 90's early 2000's Puerto Rico has been uploaded on youtube lately. Great stuff like Invader/Bull Pain and Chris Candido/Primo feuds. This is the weirdest with Carlos Colon vs King Mabel from around 96/97

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Funny timing as I was talking about the video package for Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H, WrestleMania XXX in the WrestleMania XXXVI thread. Yes, Monster by far. That or the following is my favourite video package ever:

I'm leaning towards Monster as I'm a Daniel Bryan fanboy and I wish Shawn Michaels stuck to his Career vs. Undertaker's then Undefeated Streak from WrestleMania XXVI as his final match.

So, I wanted to post the awesome Leon Spinks vs Onita match that I only know about because @Matt D reviewed it years ago on PWO, but it looks like there’s just a badly clipped video of it on Dailymotion.

Then, I was going to post a camcorder-shot NWA light-heavyweight title bout from the 90s that took place at one of the first shows I ever attended. However, it turns out that upon review, the work rate classic I remembered was 50% cheap homophobic heat with one participant leading a gross chant on mic. 

So, here’s El Dandy and Finlay going hard despite suffering from that classic WCW trope, “Lets give two of the best workers in the world five minutes while we have the announce team talk about Nitro/Thunder storylines the entire time.” 

• Thanks 1