DVDVR Message Board

That Ham Is Mad! - SDL - 3/20/2020

Dolfan in NYC

One thing I was not expecting to find out was who absolutely relied on the crowd for their aura to be preserved (Reigns, Goldie) and who doesn't need anyone around to be awesome (Miz, Morrison, Zayn, Gulak)

That Dirt Sheet segment might be the most painfully unfunny thing I've seen recently.

Elias vs Corbin in an empty arena sounds like a nightmare.

Bryan and Zayn should be as great as possible at Mania if they let Sami go all out and not wrestle like a manager.

• Thanks 2

Thought the dirt sheet segment was alright. It was bad but on brand bad. The segments were always about Miz and Morrison doing completely unfunny shit they thought was hilarious. Dug otis gettign to murder everyone at the end.

The Brayn/Gulak vs. Artist collective stuff was neat.

The Roman/Goldberg faceoff was fine for what it was, but it needed fans.

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

So am I the only one conflicted that I would really like to see Baron Corbin beat the shit out of Gronk.  

I guess if you are a Pats fan you love him but Gronk came off like an ass

Agreed. Mojo is a dork too.

I mean fair credit for Ryan Satin actually tweeting this during a WWE show...but he is aware he's watching a wrestling show right? On this very show, wrestlers were doing a lot worse than this taboo breaking example of social distancing. And he is aware that these dudes are going to sweaty and skin-on-skin at WrestleMania right? Probably well before any sanctions or what have you get lifted?

Excusing social distancing only when a match is happening is sort of ridiculous at this point.

Edited by TheVileOne

10 hours ago, hammerva said:

So am I the only one conflicted that I would really like to see Baron Corbin beat the shit out of Gronk.  

I guess if you are a Pats fan you love him but Gronk came off like an ass

They're counting on people's hate boner for Corbin to get Gronk over.

So basically, it's time to start loving and appreciating Corbin for the fantastic work he does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well he is lucky that he will be doing his shit when they are no fans.  Probably the one thing Vince does like about all of this shit is that he really can do anything he wants and who is going to complain about how bad it is.  Except the internet who he generally doesn't listen to anyway

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They just refuse to get creative on these shows huh.. 

I’m more surprised how bad the production has been.  AEW actually put on a decent-looking show under the circumstances.  WWE’s empty arena shows look worse than a lot of the cruddy, no-budget Indy shows i’ve bought over the years.

I'm aware of Gronk's existence and his station in life, but this was the first time I've seen him interact with people and he came off like an older version of the obnoxious jock character from a teen comedy. Between he and Corbin I'm not sure who I'd like to see less.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I’m more surprised how bad the production has been.  AEW actually put on a decent-looking show under the circumstances.  WWE’s empty arena shows look worse than a lot of the cruddy, no-budget Indy shows i’ve bought over the years.

Just moving the hard cam to face the ramp and darkening the empty seats did so much for the appearance of the show in this climate. There was movement behind the match, you didn't constantly see the empty seats, the ten or so guys spread in the crowd made enough noise that it didn't feel bombed out... All pretty simple stuff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'm aware of Gronk's existence and his station in life, but this was the first time I've seen him interact with people and he came off like an older version of the obnoxious jock character from a teen comedy. Between he and Corbin I'm not sure who I'd like to see less.

He's making 69 jokes. What is this? The year 2000?

38 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

He's making 69 jokes. What is this? The year 2000?

That's been his gimmick dating way back in his football days.

To me, it's a simple formula. WWE/NFL fans who like the Patriots will love him. WWE/NFL fans who hate the Patriots will despise him. The latter outweigh the former substantially. They'll eventually embrace it and he'll make a fantastic heel if he sticks around at this thing.