DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING/SUMMER 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I shouldn't laugh at somebody losing their job but it's modern football and Barcelona. He will be paid handsomely for failing upwards and I can't imagine anybody expects to be in that job for long.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

I honestly think this season as a whole was pretty much unpredictable. But yeah, I could see Bayern among the final four after releasing Kovac. 

PSG does have the potential, but usually flakes out in ko's. So... kinda surprising indeed. 

The Red Bulls I simply do not rate. No matter how exciting they will play, I will always view them as the bane of all football, but German football especially. So yeah, I wouldn't have called it. 

And Lyon are out of left field for sure. 

Edit: Since I had sworn myself to quit posting should Red Bull win the Champions League, I am happy they didn't. Be happy, you'll have bitter old Reise around for another year. 

Edited by ReiseReise

Between the above and Messi saying he's going to end his Barcelona contract, it's been a good morning over here. 

City fans seem to think he's obviously going there. Talk of Inter being the alternative. What a troll job Inter would be. Would love to see him go there and break the Juventus stranglehold on Serie A. But he's not the same Messi. Dude is 33 and going to demand insane wages and probably dictate where and how he's played.

Edited by Jiji