DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING/SUMMER 2020

Dolfan in NYC

On 7/31/2020 at 2:28 PM, AxB said:

Sheffield Wednesday to start next season on -12 points. Meanwhile Wigan have also been given a 12 point deduction, only it's applied retroactively to the 2019-20 season, so they have been relegated.

Are the authorities going to give themselves a 12 point deduction for green lighting the sale of Wigan to a group of criminals who pulled off possibly the biggest con in football history? They literally bought the club so as to profit from it's destruction, everyone at that club besides the crime syndicate owners is a crime victim and I wish common sense had prevailed and no penalty have been imposed.

I've been in and out of the room so I've only seen maybe a third or half of the match but Paul Konchesky is as bad a commentator as he was a Liverpool left back. 

Clever goal for Fulham. Let's go, TK's boys.

So incredibly harsh on Brentford and their fans, but they went ice cold at the worst possible time, losing 4 of their last 5 when one more win would've seen them go up.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 10:25 PM, Pete said:

So incredibly harsh on Brentford and their fans, but they went ice cold at the worst possible time, losing 4 of their last 5 when one more win would've seen them go up.

That's right. Bournemouth will really regret the Stoke loss after West Brom lost 24 hours earlier. Bournemouth are now 0-9 in the playoffs with 4 defeats coming in the final.

It was part of a player swap with Arsenal, wasn't it? You take our disappointing underperformer and we'll take yours. And Henrik Mkhitaryan worked out so well in London...

• Like 1

Congratulations, @Pete on Manchester City beating Real Madrid to reach the quarterfinals of the Champions League. Did you see the Manchester City away kit I posted? Biggest release was the Bradford City home and away shirts ?.

Edited by The Natural

Just found out about Jim's passing and I'm absolutely devastated. One of the nicest men I have ever known, It just won't be the same at The Parlour without him.

1 hour ago, ReiseReise said:

PSG vs Red Bull is hands down my own personal nightmare semifinal. Simply because it means one of the two will make it to the final. 

The good thing is that Bayern should beat either of them.