DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING/SUMMER 2020

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Pete said:

? Osama, whoa-oh-oh-oh
Osama, whoa-oh-oh-oh
He barracked for the Whites
Got shot up all to shite ?

I agree with someone that said that it's possible the 18 year old work experience intern printing them off might not know what Bin Laden looked like. 

49 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I agree with someone that said that it's possible the 18 year old work experience intern printing them off might not know what Bin Laden looked like. 

I saw that too. Something about being old enough to know how important it is to show diversity while being young enough not to know who OBL was.

Man, I was talking to a friend about how deflating this was after all that time. After all the struggles. And then I watched that video and it really sunk in. Thanks for that. Where are my kleenex?

• Like 2

Christian Poulsen and Roy Hodgson.

10 years ago. Almost went into administration thanks to Hicks and Gillette. FSG has taken a lot of stick over the years and while it certainly wasn't always great times and it took them a while to figure it out, they've got the transfer market stuff down to a science.

I don't know how much longer Klopp will be at Liverpool but I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts. I hate what professional sports has become the last 20-30 years in terms of the money just getting completely out of control. That goes for all pleasant distractions from what really matters: movie, games... all of it. But I can't completely turn away from Liverpool. 

• Like 1

Bundesliga Relegation Playoff will be Bremen versus Heidenheim. It could have been Hamburg vs Bremen, but Hamburg lost 1-5 at home to make sure this wouldn't happen. 

Weird season, for obvious reasons. It looked as if maybe, just maybe Bayern could have gotten multiple challengers under normal circumstances, but as it was, it turned into the usual boredom once play resumed. I hope the whole thing had at least a few positive aspects outside of the sports world. 

BBC

The race for the Premier League title could be sensationally back on, as champions-elect Liverpool may face a 15-point deduction for bringing the game into disrepute after their fans violated stay-at-home orders by city governance and set fire to the landmark Liver Building.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Pete said:

BBC

Nice RickRoll but the fact is the authorities are so ridiculous and insane that if something like that actually happened it wouldn't have been shocking in the least.

Decided to adopt a Russian club to follow since the games are on YouTube: Spartak Moscow because they have the greatest nickname ever: THE MEATS~!

City gave Liverpool a guard of honor onto the field and then completely played them off it. It's quite the shot off their bow for next season.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

6 players on FC Dallas have tested positive for Covid-19. 

?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they in the vaunted "Disney Bubble" that the NBA will also be using?

On 7/2/2020 at 7:49 PM, Infinit said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they in the vaunted "Disney Bubble" that the NBA will also be using?

While they are on the Disney World campus same as the NBA - they are in a completely different resort than any of the ones the NBA is using

That being said - all of MLS is using the same resort and its not a good sign that all the Dallas positives were AFTER they arrived in Orlando.

Oh and that first match - the Dallas vs. Vancouver one? Yeah its been postponed

The MLS restart is going swell

I refer you to the above post and, oh, the fact that Toronto was supposed to fly to Orlando this morning. However, one of the players started experiencing symptoms so the entire team has to be tested again and can not leave until the results come back