DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/18/2020

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

I don't know if this will get me looked down upon but Satin needs to shut up.  If these guys weren't at ringside together, they'd be in the back together or at home together or wherever together.  I definitely believe we are in a major, major situation but this is just whining, in my book.  By his advice, wrestling shouldn't be happening period since that isn't social distancing.  

Satin is a WWE employee shitting on their direct competition. He has no real concern, he just wants to be a company man. At least by my opinion, anyway.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grilledcheese said:

Satin is a WWE employee shitting on their direct competition. He has no real concern, he just wants to be a company man. At least by my opinion, anyway.

He's not just shitting on them, he's going on Twitter calling them a liability when they're still looking for venues to run. Very sketchy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hector said:

He's not just shitting on them, he's going on Twitter calling them a liability when they're still looking for venues to run. Very sketchy.

Excellent point. I hadn't considered that side of it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Brodie Lee was cool until he disrobed and his ring gear was some shit an early 2000's Kevin Nash wannabe would wear. Nobody is scared of Big Daddy NuGrape.

As long as he doesn’t break out The Right Stuff gear.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hector said:

I await someone saying  a Titan Tower executive will put a call in to 1600 and to try and get the AEW events cancelled for public safety. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I await someone saying  a Titan Tower executive will put a call in to 1600 and to try and get the AEW events cancelled for public safety. 

Brother Love has enough on his plate - but I could see that being handed down to Dewey Foley. ?

• Like 1

Well I'm really bummed this show did not happen in Rochester. I had floor seats. The Exalted One is from there, Trent? lives there, The Butcher is in Every Time I Die, a Buffalo band who i enjoy,  Matt Hardy debut, and I missed my favorites, Pentagon and OC. The arena would have been on fire all night.   The make up date is July 8th, I hope I can go. I did enjoy Sammy singing Judas

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

The Exalted One segment was cool until they revealed Brodie Lee, but then my one-year-old chose that exact moment to rip his diaper off and shit on the floor. Otherwise it was all good. 

Everyone is a critic. ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I was at what ended up being the last show at the Murphy Rec Center where some scumbag pulled that trick (think it was the one with the Terry Funk-CM Punk match). At the time people thought it was Jasmine St Clair but that has been debunked and I don't think it has ever been proven who did it. Whomever it was I hope they end up getting run over and crushed by a Mummers float. The late Frank Talent deserves a ton of credit for getting the authorities to allow the show to take place.

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I mean, Shahid Khan could probably easily do the same.

51 minutes ago, Casey said:

This parasite should go ask Martha Hart about how much his de facto employers care for their emplo... er "Independent Contractor's" safety. Or how about ask the guys who ended up as hostages of a government who had recently killed and cut up one of their enemies (and apparently began the job while he was still alive).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

I don't know if this will get me looked down upon but Satin needs to shut up.  If these guys weren't at ringside together, they'd be in the back together or at home together or wherever together.  I definitely believe we are in a major, major situation but this is just whining, in my book.  By his advice, wrestling shouldn't be happening period since that isn't social distancing.  

Two things can be true. Those two things:

1) Ryan Satin is a douche.

2) Wresting shouldn’t be happening. Period. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, notoriusvig said:

By his advice, wrestling shouldn't be happening period since that isn't social distancing, but he can't say that about the people that pay him.  

FTFY

EDIT: Dammit, everybody beat me to it. I need to start reading threads through before running to post things.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

1) I have zero problems with wrestling happening right now if it's done well.

2) I fucking loved this show. They did literally everything I asked for and it turned out better than I imagined it would be. I'm not sure how many times they can do this and pull it off, but at least for this week it was awesome, a lot of fun, and a welcome distraction from a lot of stress in the world.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Two things can be true. Those two things:

1) Ryan Satin is a douche.

2) Wresting shouldn’t be happening. Period. 

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

1) I have zero problems with wrestling happening right now if it's done well.

2) I fucking loved this show. They did literally everything I asked for and it turned out better than I imagined it would be. I'm not sure how many times they can do this and pull it off, but at least for this week it was awesome, a lot of fun, and a welcome distraction from a lot of stress in the world.

Maybe it's just cause I just watched a boxing event on Friday night with only "essential personnel" where there was clearly 2 or 3 long rows of what consisted of family members and commission members seated side by side, but how can someone (Ryan Satin) act like the people in charge are just a bunch of six year olds displaying extremely poor judgement? Therefore, no need to talk down to them as if you give a fuck about any of the parties involved. If they didn't know the potential consequences of doing this by now and/or weren't planning to make necessary changes if need be, they wouldn't be running tonight. Last I checked, this motherfucker don't run AEW or somehow in charge of any type of decision making. Pro wrestling is not some monolith.

• Like 2