DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Covid 3:16 - 3/16/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Does anyone else think it's weird that they still do intros for the guys and women coming to the ring, despite there being nobody there? It's like they took 1/3 of the script they had written for RAW before all of this happened and just threw it onto the PC wall, not changing anything despite the circumstances. I'm pretty sure Edge is the only one that realized how dumb all of this is and gave a promo to the camera instead of doing it the "normal" way.

These no-fan shows are going to expose how stale WWE TV is (well, *we* already know that, but...), and I hope AEW doesn't just do the same ol' thing as they would if there was a crowd. If they're going to continue on with doing live shows, then get creative with it. This is everybody's chance to try some new things out, but as it is right now, WWE is just going through the motions.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Asuka can make anything worthwhile,  see her YouTube channel for more evidence. 

RvDA33p.gif

Asuka is easily the total package and one of the best wrestlers and entertainers on the roster. It's a shame that Vince doesn't see it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Does anyone else think it's weird that they still do intros for the guys and women coming to the ring, despite there being nobody there? It's like they took 1/3 of the script they had written for RAW before all of this happened and just threw it onto the PC wall, not changing anything despite the circumstances. I'm pretty sure Edge is the only one that realized how dumb all of this is and gave a promo to the camera instead of doing it the "normal" way.

These no-fan shows are going to expose how stale WWE TV is (well, *we* already know that, but...), and I hope AEW doesn't just do the same ol' thing as they would if there was a crowd. If they're going to continue on with doing live shows, then get creative with it. This is everybody's chance to try some new things out, but as it is right now, WWE is just going through the motions.

This is what I keep complaining about. This was their opportunity to change everything up and it's like they're just going to stick with what they're doing down to playing up to a crowd that isn't there. It's like everything is set to this AI that they can't deviate from. I keep saying it's weird, but it's the best way I can describe it.

12 minutes ago, Raziel said:

So, everyone pearl clutching about Mania:

We're going to equally slam companies for doing shit that can be altered, right?

What shit are you referring to that can be altered? Are you talking about the stuff we've talked about with how Raw and SD have looked?

We've already been complaining about this and about how it needs to be in front of a crowd.

We also haven't even seen how AEW is going to present their product in front of an empty arena, so it would be kinda silly to "slam" them for stuff we haven't seen yet. We've seen what Raw and SD have put on, how they've shot it, how wrestlers on screen have acted, etc. so we have that to criticize. If AEW winds up doing the same, and NXT winds up doing the same, then, well, fuck, this is going to make all wrestling really hard to watch for next month or two.

30 minutes ago, Raziel said:

So, everyone pearl clutching about Mania:

We're going to equally slam companies for doing shit that can be altered, right?

Uh yeah, I don’t think anybody will be saying anything nice about empty arena WarGames, or empty arena wrestling in general. It sucks, and it’s not something I want to watch. Do you agree too?

3 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

She’s so obviously tuned out and going through the motions that I can’t tell if they are doing a subtle Clubber Lang build with Becky or not.

That's what I assumed was the plan up through Elimination Chamber with her wearing increasingly outlandish costumes and becoming ever more arrogant, but then her promo the night after (the one calling Shayna a "black hole of charisma") acted like that routine was just "treading water" filler material and she was being serious again, so its hard to say at this point what her character is in this storyline. 

Until I thought about Vince putting the kibosh on Corona talk on his programming, I was thinking that AJ and the Club totally missed the boat on not wearing masks, carrying bottles of sanitizer and refusing to go out to see Taker because of the virus. It would be a perfect heel excuse. 

Tasteless too, but this company has never had that

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

What shit are you referring to that can be altered?

Literally don't run the shows. All this inessential travel needs to stop. Any notion of having a bunch of people who travel a lot get up close and breathe heavily on one another is stupid. Clearly even Vince knows this is a bad idea, because they ran one short match last night that took a break during the commercial. The idea that they're going to be running Mania, or that AEW is running a match that (including the referee) will push them over the federal guidance for number of people who should be at a gathering, is stone stupid and a bad look. And it's going to look even worse next week. 

Nearly every sport in North America led last week and shut shit down. Wrestling is dragging its ass in the rear, just like normal. It's pathetic.

Oh well. Only a matter of time before they're point blank told to knock it off or someone on their roster presents symptoms or tests positive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Literally don't run the shows. All this inessential travel needs to stop. Any notion of having a bunch of people who travel a lot get up close and breathe heavily on one another is stupid. Clearly even Vince knows this is a bad idea, because they ran one short match last night that took a break during the commercial. The idea that they're going to be running Mania, or that AEW is running a match that (including the referee) will push them over the federal guidance for number of people who should be at a gathering, is stone stupid and a bad look. And it's going to look even worse next week. 

Nearly every sport in North America led last week and shut shit down. Wrestling is dragging its ass in the rear, just like normal. It's pathetic.

Oh well. Only a matter of time before they're point blank told to knock it off or someone on their roster presents symptoms or tests positive. 

They've already told people that if they don't feel comfortable going then don't go. Both companies have told their workers this. In WWE I'd imagine there's larger concerns with how Vince is going to perceive someone's strength for not showing up. In any event, we threw around some solutions for taping multiple shows in advance. For both companies I am sure there are reasons for why they're not doing it so far. With regards to gatherings, they're referring to public gatherings, the actual fans that would be attending, not the private workers that would be there. If federal guidance worked the way you described it, then nothing except for hospitals, police, and fire would be functioning.

We've seen how WWE handled it, I'm willing to see how AEW handles it. I think WWE is basically just treading water right now and maybe AEW goes about presenting it differently. 

I mean the grocery stores look more dangerous than ever these days but we all still go. Everyone is right on top of each other and fighting for basic hygiene items.

I see the point on wrestling events. As long as the wrestlers are willing to do it, they are getting tested at the events, then I say go ahead.

People are still working right now at restaurants and many places even though government is telling us to self isolate. I'm sure some people still want to make go to go to work to make their paychecks. 

Edited by TheVileOne

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

They've already told people that if they don't feel comfortable going then don't go. Both companies have told their workers this. In WWE I'd imagine there's larger concerns with how Vince is going to perceive someone's strength for not showing up. In any event, we threw around some solutions for taping multiple shows in advance. For both companies I am sure there are reasons for why they're not doing it so far. With regards to gatherings, they're referring to public gatherings, the actual fans that would be attending, not the private workers that would be there. If federal guidance worked the way you described it, then nothing except for hospitals, police, and fire would be functioning.

We've seen how WWE handled it, I'm willing to see how AEW handles it. I think WWE is basically just treading water right now and maybe AEW goes about presenting it differently. 

In that case, huddle up everyone! Let's set a good example with some nice old-fashioned collar-and-elbow social distancing! 

Anyway, if you're saying the guidance is weak and doesn't go far enough, I agree. 

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I mean the grocery stores look more dangerous than ever these days but we all still go. 

It being an essential service, of course we do. Of course you're right that it's a horror show.