DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Covid 3:16 - 3/16/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, risking people's health for a one-match show that was mostly a rebroadcast of a PPV match and a few interviews is just dumb.  Granted, airing an 8-match card would be even dumber, but still.....

If Vince wants to fill the timeslots, air old PPV's and Takeovers.  Hopefully, you draw something resembling an audience from casuals who don't subscribe to the network.

They could have guys do Cameos and Promos and air hidden gems from the network for the audience that doesn't have the network or do like a PWG thing where talent does alternate commentary for classic matches 

There's ways to do things.  Matt Hardy showed you can do a 20-minute segment from his home.  WWE used to do vignettes all the time.  They could also do multiple feeds to keep more people plugged in like different "channels" or what have you. They could also change the set and eliminate the empty seat look.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

There's ways to do things.  Matt Hardy showed you can do a 20-minute segment from his home.  WWE used to do vignettes all the time.  They could also do multiple feeds to keep more people plugged in like different "channels" or what have you. They could also change the set and eliminate the empty seat look.  

I kinda wonder why they haven't dimmed the lights like UFC did and hide the empty arena somewhat. 

If they put on old Takeovers and pre-USA episodes of NXT, I"d probably tune in regularly.

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I was thinking they should fill the crowd with wrestlers and shit like that.

Also, I noticed this during the Edge promo, but get rid of all of the fucking cameras. That many cameras for that small of a venue is unnecessary. Just dial it back a little bit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I was thinking they should fill the crowd with wrestlers and shit like that.

Also, I noticed this during the Edge promo, but get rid of all of the fucking cameras. That many cameras for that small of a venue is unnecessary. Just dial it back a little bit.

Andrade vs. Rey with Zelina on the outside doing her thing and Asuka doing her thing on commentary was ALMOST good..  I'd say it was entertaining enough but the one thing lacking was the atmosphere in the arena itself.  They should make the surroundings look more like a Street Fighter level and less like an empty warehouse. 

Let's add some hot springs,  waterfalls and shit.. 

• Like 1

That was a pretty good Rumble just for Brock destroying people. Loved his reaction to Shelton (who I didn't know he went to school and trained with) and then Keith. 

I totally thought Taker's ponytail was just a part of the durag at first. 

As soon as I saw Asuka do that weird-out above I was like "that has to be gif'ed" and sure enough haha

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That was a pretty good Rumble just for Brock destroying people. Loved his reaction to Shelton (who I didn't know he went to school and trained with) and then Keith. 

I totally thought Taker's ponytail was just a part of the durag at first. 

As soon as I saw Asuka do that weird-out above I was like "that has to be gif'ed" and sure enough haha

IIRC, Shelton was a coach on the Minnesota team when brock went there. 

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

IIRC, Shelton was a coach on the Minnesota team when brock went there. 

Yep. Benjamin graduated from the U of M in 1998 and was a graduate assistant when Lesnar got there in 1999.

They were also "The Minnesota Stretching Crew" in OVW when they were coming up the ranks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Yeah, risking people's health for a one-match show that was mostly a rebroadcast of a PPV match and a few interviews is just dumb.  Granted, airing an 8-match card would be even dumber, but still.....

If Vince wants to fill the timeslots, air old PPV's and Takeovers.  Hopefully, you draw something resembling an audience from casuals who don't subscribe to the network.

I was thinking that you use them to build the matches at Mania.

RAW next week is a sit-down interview with Drew Mac, followed by a couple of his best matches in WWE. Show what he is about. Second half is Heyman & Lesnar. Show Lesnar killing Cena or something. Give us some insight as to what Brock does in his free time.

Then on the following RAW we get Becky & Shayna. Get CM Punk to talk about the Clutch vs the Disarmer.

Then an episode for AJ and Taker. One for Edge and Orton showing some Rated RKO stuff.

SDL can go all sports coverage too.

Have various legends sit down to talk about the power of Goldberg. Have new guys put over Roman and being the hardest hitting guy currently. Have Ziggler do a breakdown on the Spear from both men and how they differ or are the same. Show some matches of them smashing people with their biggest Spears.

Cover the Cena v Wyatt build form Mania 30. Discuss how Cena changed that night and how, despite winning, he realised that maybe he needed to start planning for a life beyond the ring. Have Wyatt talk about how he has been in John's head all these years, waiting to finish him off.

Do a Sami Zayn vs Nakamura and Sami Zayn vs Cesaro in NXT segment. Play their matches and have them discuss how that was the start of their mutual respect and eventual decision to team up.

There is a mountain of character building they can do to fill this time. Throw in a couple of performance centre rookies getting squashed by the New Day or KO or whoever and bam. TV time is full.

Go all in on the UFC style stuff that they sort of sampled with Nakamura's build in the lead up to the AJ Mania match.

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 2

Becky came out and posed for a crowd that wasn't there and talked to a crowd that wasn't there while Shayna did the same stupid ass stand way off to the side and watch the whole thing on a monitor.

It doesn't get more poorly executed and tired than that.

Unlike the Edge promo which had a tight shot of Edge and where Edge cut a hell of a promo into the camera. That was well executed.

They need and have to start doing something different soon. I don't know if it's doing lots of reality stuff where you have people actually acknowledge they're not just going to sit or stand in the back while someone talks shit in the ring, or you play it up that you have cameras everywhere backstage filming everything, or something.

Literally try anything you have never tried before. This is the time to go for it. And maybe it doesn't work, but at least you tried.

They have six more hours of each of the three main shows to fill. That's plenty of time to do interesting interviews and video packages and classic matches to build things. It won't be GREAT television, but it will probably be better than throw away matches in front of nobody.

BTW, is TakeOver and/or HOF a go? 

4 hours ago, L_W_P said:

I was thinking that you use them to build the matches at Mania.

RAW next week is a sit-down interview with Drew Mac, followed by a couple of his best matches in WWE. Show what he is about. Second half is Heyman & Lesnar. Show Lesnar killing Cena or something. Give us some insight as to what Brock does in his free time.

Then on the following RAW we get Becky & Shayna. Get CM Punk to talk about the Clutch vs the Disarmer.

Then an episode for AJ and Taker. One for Edge and Orton showing some Rated RKO stuff.

SDL can go all sports coverage too.

Have various legends sit down to talk about the power of Goldberg. Have new guys put over Roman and being the hardest hitting guy currently. Have Ziggler do a breakdown on the Spear from both men and how they differ or are the same. Show some matches of them smashing people with their biggest Spears.

Cover the Cena v Wyatt build form Mania 30. Discuss how Cena changed that night and how, despite winning, he realised that maybe he needed to start planning for a life beyond the ring. Have Wyatt talk about how he has been in John's head all these years, waiting to finish him off.

Do a Sami Zayn vs Nakamura and Sami Zayn vs Cesaro in NXT segment. Play their matches and have them discuss how that was the start of their mutual respect and eventual decision to team up.

There is a mountain of character building they can do to fill this time. Throw in a couple of performance centre rookies getting squashed by the New Day or KO or whoever and bam. TV time is full.

Go all in on the UFC style stuff that they sort of sampled with Nakamura's build in the lead up to the AJ Mania match.

They have two weeks until WrestleMania. You just booked a months worth of shows.