DVDVR Message Board

SDL is PC -3/13/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Edwin

Watched the first half an hour of the show and thought what I saw was excellent.

I'm all for a new SmackDown 5 of Bryan, Gulak, Zayn, Cesaro and Nakamura. Those 5 guys would provide some incredible matches together.

Bayley/Sasha vs. Alexa/Nikki was pretty solid.

Reigns interviews segment was solid.

The Miz and Morrison promo was nice.

Bryan/Cesaro was short but sweet while it lasted.

Dug the Cena/Bray segment at the end.

The setup at the PC was nice, and HHH seemed to be having fun just messing with Cole all night. Thought this was a good show. Pity it had to happen in front of no audience. I'm curious just how long they plan to run with this setup. I noticed they were no longer mentioning Wrestlemania's date despite the show being built up and talked about. Definitely feels like they know a delay is coming.

Edited by Eivion

Guest Edwin
10 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

It helps in an empty arena to have two of the stiffest guys on your roster paste the shit out of each other. 

This. Just watched this and it's an excellent sprint. Those 5 guys I mentioned in my previous post being paired up for a couple of months and trading the IC title between them could get me to look forward to watching SmackDown.

This is Smackdown at the Performance Center alright. 

Despite that I did like the show quite a bit and got more into the empty arena vibe as the show went on. Also liked the relatively calmer interviews and HHH giving absolutely zero fucks. He did seem pretty annoyed at Elias though for some reason. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

What was the line that Triple H had about Miz and Morrison where it was like "They are so good at working without crowd noise like they are used to it"

Also it does seem like we are getting Stay Hype Mojo Rawley.  

Is Jeff Hardy's move now called Twist of Fury or was that just a botch by Cole?  Meanwhile Jeff's swanton is just as shooty as possible

Edited by hammerva

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

What was the line that Triple H had about Miz and Morrison where it was like "They are so good at working without crowd noise like they are used to it"

Also it does seem like we are getting Stay Hype Mojo Rawley.  

Gronk and Mojo- The New Hype Bros.

I might end up watching the entire show for snarky H.

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

He also had a line during the Hardy/Corbin match, where I think he asked why Corbin was playing to the crowd, in his smartass tone.

1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

He also had a line during the Hardy/Corbin match, where I think he asked why Corbin was playing to the crowd, in his smartass tone.

Old and really grumpy HHH might be kinda fun when the time comes.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

This is Smackdown at the Performance Center alright. 

Despite that I did like the show quite a bit and got more into the empty arena vibe as the show went on. Also liked the relatively calmer interviews 

I would argue it would be even stupider to have the live feed pop up and show them trading holds for an audience of nobody.  Just know where the breaks are and put the restholds in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Is Jeff Hardy's move now called Twist of Fury or was that just a botch by Cole?  Meanwhile Jeff's swanton is just as shooty as possible

It was called the Twist of Hate when he was a heel in TNA. When he was a face, it was called the Twisto Fate. Copyright reasons.

I wonder if the people running that Smackdown (who I assume were NXT or Full Sail people) even knew that somewhere you can still watch the feed on commercials.  Putting restholds in a match where there are nobody watching is unnecessary.  Is it business exposing sure but Triple H talking about the format sheet about 10 times ended that

Guest Edwin

I'm not a big Triple H fan, but I thought he was far better tonight than most commentators.

Him telling Cole a lot of people thought he was a terrible commentator and later on said something along the lines of him being busier now that I got demoted according to some people.

15 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I wonder if the people running that Smackdown (who I assume were NXT or Full Sail people) even knew that somewhere you can still watch the feed on commercials. 

Is this their fault or is it the Fox affiliate? 

Like, since every Fox is different, do they all have their own button pushers, as opposed to say one person at USA?

Edited by PetrolCB

16 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

We're all sleeping on the line Hunter gave about Cole having to run to the real Elimination Chamber inside the Performance Center which just about made Cole lose it.

Fuck, I forgot to mention that but I was laughing like a motherfucker.

• Haha 1