DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/11/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Maybe I should go with "Read the DVDVR sleaze thread".

"Read the DVDVR sleaze thread! We have NO IDEA who started it!"

• Haha 1

I'm into Death Triangle, and I kind of wish that match was more of a squash. I always expect new heel acts to dominate in their first matches but they never do, that's not AEW's style. 

Great stuff from the women tonight. The tag match was awesome, not just because of the welcome return of Priestly. Nyla was great, she nailed everything with purpose. Shida and Statlander made a good team too. Bea immediately turning on her partner was hilarious. A good promo from Baker and we get an angle at last. If in doubt, throw coffee.

Solid main event. Two Inner Circle beat down endings in a row isn't the best way to go about heating up IC for Blood and Guts but it does the job. It does look like Kenny will be replaced. Also, submit or surrender only! Fuck yeah.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Godfrey said:

I'm into Death Triangle, and I kind of wish that match was more of a squash. I always expect new heel acts to dominate in their first matches but they never do, that's not AEW's style. 

Great stuff from the women tonight. The tag match was awesome, not just because of the welcome return of Priestly. Nyla was great, she nailed everything with purpose. Shida and Statlander made a good team too. Bea immediately turning on her partner was hilarious. A good promo from Baker and we get an angle at last. If in doubt, throw coffee.

Solid main event. Two Inner Circle beat down endings in a row isn't the best way to go about heating up IC for Blood and Guts but it does the job. It does look like Kenny will be replaced. Also, submit or surrender only! Fuck yeah.

Swap out Kenny and Nick Jackson for Moxley and Darby.

The whole 'Gancarski Socko' board meme started because the Liddy/George HW Bush character actually was a Gancarski Socko, right?

On AEW, whoever came up with the "Holy Shida" chant is a genius.

• Like 1

Fun show with a super hot crowd. Loved Cody/Ortiz, Cody was on fire. Archer with Jake is cool, though I hoped he'd have a more impactful first appearance. I wonder if he keeps his NJP music.  Enjoyed the womens tag, the crowd getting more and more in to Shida especially in her final comeback was awesome. "Holy Shida!" chants. Crowd went wild for Luchasaurus as well, solid six man tag. Death Triangle was cool. Possibly writing off Nick seemed to set up Dustin entering Blood & Guts nicely, time to do some Cowboy Shit! I guess Hangman had no backup plan if Dustin didn't decide to make himself the partner. Great main and post-match chaos, the Matt/Page interaction at the end ruled. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that crowd ruled but why have Archer, a known psychopath debut in such limp dick fashion? They held him off TV for a week for that? Good match though. Loved the garage door angle!

And yeah, the Death Triangle should have squashed those guys. Janela runs the ropes like he has something up his ass. Private Party's lack of development is annoying. Still a fine match but the objective was to get Death Triangle over and it took way too long to do that. 

Jurassic Express tag was laid out well with a few minor hiccups but overall everybody came out looking good. Loved the big meaty men slapping meat. Very manly. 

We all love Dustin but that was a lame mystery reveal. Match was good, post match stuff very good. That chair shot on Matt looked gnarly with Jericho hitting the cameraman. I like that they are not having Matt and Hangmin buddy up yet if ever. That would've been premature and it sets up more intrigue for not War Games. 

Very solid if unspectacular episode. 7/10

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That was an incredible sight. B&B&B deserve more after their performance tonight. Also the Bunny... The Undertaker probably was glued to the TV during portions of that match.

I think the Bunny might be my new quasi-celebrity crush. I mean, I liked Allie in Impact, but the Bunny...Mama Mia!

I'll save you all the trouble.

Settle Down Nice Guy Cibereddico

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I guess Hangman had no backup plan if Dustin didn't decide to make himself the partner.

I believe Hangman's plan was to "whip both their asses"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That first six man was great. Everyone came off better for it (well maybe not the Blade). Everyone played their roles perfectly.

Super entertaining.

The other 6 man blergh. I really do not like Joey Janella. Dude cannot sell. And man did theye ever depush Private Party once it became clear they were "we have perfectly good Street Profits at home".

Was really hoping for Darby being Hngmans partner and finally beating Jericho.

First episode of lockout Dynamite will probably be Hangman drinking an entire carton of Corona and hammering the joke into the ground.

Good a time as any to bring back an episode long empty arena match

Some random thoughts from the show:

Cody vs. Ortiz

- It was weird how little reaction from the commentators there was to Lance Archer walking out, the crowd was going crazy but JR and Tony were like "yep there's that client, yep". Underwhelming. Jake and Archer do look pretty good together, Jake's evil smirk is great.
- So Cody is feuding with Jake/Archer, MJF and Inner Cirlce at the same time. I love how feuds are not contained in a bubble in AEW, feels more like a real and developed "universe".
- I feel Santana has the look and potential to be a singles star, but Ortiz is so silly and fun to watch. It's a bit of a Jay/Mark Briscoe situation.

Women's Tag

- Shida ?
- I love that she's over huge with the crowds now, she's been the best woman in AEW for a long while IMO.
- Statlander's Michinoku Driver and Shida's Falcon Arrow are some of my favorite moves in the company.
- Lots of physicality in this match,  the crowd was way into it. I wish Shida didn't get pinned as she's next in line for a shot in theory.
- Bea is great, I wish she would stick around more, she really seems to "get ii".
- I'm not the biggest fan on Nyla but she has been in some pretty good matches when surrounded with good talent like Riho and Shida. JR made a good point, she's not the best but she's still winning due to being so much bigger and stronger which makes sense.

Trios Matches

- Jungle Jack was on point tonight.
- Holy shit the Lucha Bros' music is not as annoying now.
- The crowd liked the match but it should have been quick squash to establish the Death Triangle as a murder-death-kill stable. 

Main Event

- Jericho has been looking in pretty  good shape for the past couple of weeks.
- I love how aggressive Hangman is to his tag team partners before tagging them.
- Great main event, with Page booting and lariating people for my pleasure. Everyone delivered.
- Kenny throwing punches with his broken hand like he's The Undertaker out there.
- Ortiz getting revenge on Cody by suplexing him on the ramp, Matt saving Page but then flipping him off. So many little touches in this intertwined story lines, some major and some small, I love it.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 5