DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Shades of Bonnie Steamboat - 3/9/2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Also, speaking of Paul Heyman, looks like he has HHH's position in the company and HHH has a new position in the company. I think. Who the fuck knows. All of their job roles feel like it was spit out by a web bot.

Rowan’s mechanical spider? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jaedmc said:

did we?

Well I was talking more about Moppy and to a lesser extent, Chavo's old horse Pepe. You know if they just had him come out with the big spider weeks ago and played it off as he was insane, it could have worked.

8 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Killing that robotic spider was the most babyface shit ever. 

I'm not rampantly disagreeing, but:

1) A decent amount of people on teh interweb are a bit wtf dude about it

“Let’s just say when Drew McIntyre becomes WWE Champion, things are going to change around here. If it doesn’t belong on my RAW show, it gets nixed”:

2) The above at least superficially feels like a heel promo, and sounds like the sort of thing he would have said when he first came back to RAW as a heel

3) I mean, he probably isn't a long-term #1 babyface so the heel turn is a case of if not when

17 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

I'm not rampantly disagreeing, but:

1) A decent amount of people on teh interweb are a bit wtf dude about it
2) The above at least superficially feels like a heel promo, and sounds like the sort of thing he would have said when he first came back to RAW as a heel

3) I mean, he probably isn't a long-term #1 babyface so the heel turn is a case of if not when

1. People on the interwebs are always "wtf dude."

2. Every baby face since CM Punk has done the "we know this place sucks but when I'm champ that'll change promo." Daniel Bryan did it with The Authority. Seth and Roman did it and in both their cases Brock was the embodiment of WWE's "problem". Even the McMahon family(remember that happy horseshit) have done it. One could even say AEW is doing the same promo in a more meta "if WWE won't change we'll be the change" kind of way. But I can see what you mean, since Seth started his heel turn by behaving this way. I'll also say, since it never actually works it's losing it's appeal as a tactic to get over. Yeah yeah yeah, is Drew going to fix the women's division? Nah, then GTFO.

3.He's absolutely not the #1 Babyface and he probably never ever will be. It would be cool if he was and I'm rooting for him- but it feels like Heel is more is natural alignment. Like Rollins.

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't want to ruin your deal and everything but I think at this point most people view those titles as a demotion. 

Prominent TV time and feuding with the Top champ over the winter.  

That's a hell of a demotion, but you keep doing you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Prominent TV time and feuding with the Top champ over the winter.  

That's a hell of a demotion, but you keep doing you.

That's Asuka and only Asuka.  Kairi is her sidekick and hey...  how bout those IIconics?    I win.  ?

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

3 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Rowan's pet should have been one of the mangled iterations of Ramblin Rabbit. They could have used it as a backdoor angle to put Rowan back with Bray, maybe this time as his mailman on the funhouse.

Or as a total throwback, a sheep.

• Like 1

Rezar officially suffered a torn biscep during RAW

He will be out a couple of months

Unclear if he is gonna still be out there just standing around

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Rezar officially suffered a torn biscep during RAW

He will be out a couple of months

Unclear if he is gonna still be out there just standing around

That sucks. i was hoping AoP would win the tag titles come Wrestlemania.

9 hours ago, just drew said:

Did Rowan ask for his release or something? Holy hell. 

In the build up to a Wrestlemania, if you have been built up at all beforehand but aren't in a position of importance on the card... well, we've had many years of evidence showing that it's gonna be a rough stretch for you.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, username said:

In the build up to a Wrestlemania, if you have been built up at all beforehand but aren't in a position of importance on the card... well, we've had many years of evidence showing that it's gonna be a rough stretch for you.

giphy.gif

case in point...

• Sad 2