DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Shades of Bonnie Steamboat - 3/9/2020

Dolfan in NYC

They almost had the finish perfect. KO lays out AOP/Murphy, getting even and getting over on the heels... But no, these fucking idiots just have to book more fucking heat and make a top babyface look like a moron. Again.

I'm trying so hard to watch Raw at least through Mania. This is three weeks straight now (after probably not watching more than three or four since July) but they make it so hard with unforced errors.

I'm glad they might be ending Rowan's cage thing after last week, but if you take this at face value, the arguably top face on the brand just presumably murdered someone's pet. Jesus.

Edge/Orton is at least going decently. I'm pleasantly shocked Randy didn't lay him out again to get heat, the way they book.

Fuck I wish AJ and Taker could've had a program five or seven years ago.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

They almost had the finish perfect. KO lays out AOP/Murphy, getting even and getting over on the heels... But no, these fucking idiots just have to book more fucking heat and make a top babyface look like a moron. Again.

I'm trying so hard to watch Raw at least through Mania. This is three weeks straight now (after probably not watching more than three or four since July) but they make it so hard with unforced errors.

I'm glad they might be ending Rowan's cage thing after last week, but if you take this at face value, the arguably top face on the brand just presumably murdered someone's pet. Jesus.

Edge/Orton is at least going decently. I'm pleasantly shocked Randy didn't lay him out again to get heat, the way they book.

Fuck I wish AJ and Taker could've had a program five or seven years ago.

Spiderman is coming in after Mania to work a revenge program with Drew so it will all end up making sense.

• Like 1

I'm glad they're sticking with JTTS matches.

Drew killing the Robo Spider got a great reaction from the crowd. I'm not sure what is next for Rowan.

I enjoyed the Japanese promos.

Seems the 24/7 title is becoming more of a regular belt with occasional wacky stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Drew killing the Robo Spider got a great reaction from the crowd. I'm not sure what is next for Rowan.

Seems the 24/7 title is becoming more of a regular belt with occasional wacky stuff.

a robo scorpion or a rubber cobra

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Just give the damn thing back to R-Truth and let him and Drake Maverick go back to doing wacky things.

• Like 1

Popped big time at Charlotte making a referee come all the way down to the ring from the back just to hold the ropes for her entrance. lol

Didn't expect A.J's challenge to come with the threat of PREMEDITATED MURDER~!

• Haha 2

If they’re going down this road with Taker, they should have him lean into his age.  Have him cut a promo from his basement full of the model train kits he’s just picked up as a hobby. Have him and McCool show up on Raw in matching If Lost Return to Michelle/I’m Michelle t-shirts. Sell merch that says Dead Man with the E scratched out. Let’s kill that mystique, baby. 

• Haha 4

My dad sends me a message after raw generally and this week he more or less completely turned on McIntyre (a guy he generally loves) as he was horrified at just killing someone's pet for no real reason. I can't really argue the point.

42 minutes ago, D.Z said:

I would be more than okay with it turning more into an 'openweight'-kind of title.  Say the champion can defend it anywhere: Raw, SD, NXT or even on other shows (Thinking Evolve etc but it would be kinda fun to have it defended randomly on friendly indies/Japan/Mexico etc.).  You could still use social media/Youtube/WWE Network to show these matches.

I'll be honest, I kind of like Riddick Moss on Raw (Never saw him in NXT).  He's explosive and fast. He needs a mouthpiece.  MVP managing a stable of former athletes to tie into his MVP character could be fun.

39 minutes ago, RIShane said:

That Kabuki Warriors match was very efficient booking, pushing the stories of their needing a challenger, Nattie not yet having the right partner, and the ongoing Riott Squad Explodes storyline.

I liked it too.  The only problem with the story is it's probably going to lead to Nattie and Beth Phoenix winning the titles.  I'd much rather it be someone from NXT.  Wouldn't be an awful way to promote Bianca Bel Air.

I actually enjoyed this show for the most part (I did dishes during AJ's promo so I have no feelings about it).  

Really liked Kabukis-Nat/Liv and the main event tag.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, WWE does multi-man tags so well.  They should be running them every other week or so.

Honestly, though, my favourite part of the night was when they introduced Austin for 3:16 day and Saxton explained it "3.16, the 16th of March, get it?" and it seemed like it had honestly just dawned on Lawler then Phillips why it was 3:16 day.  The looks on both their faces as they thought to themselves: "3:16, ooooooooooh!" was amazing.

31 minutes ago, (BP) said:

If they’re going down this road with Taker, they should have him lean into his age.  Have him cut a promo from his basement full of the model train kits he’s just picked up as a hobby. Have him and McCool show up on Raw in matching If Lost Return to Michelle/I’m Michelle t-shirts. Sell merch that says Dead Man with the E scratched out. Let’s kill that mystique, baby. 

I bet old man Calloway is into stamp collecting.

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Looks like Asuka/Kairi will have Alexa and Nikki Cross at WrestleMania.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

don't mind me, just engaging in a little bit of silent protest

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

AJ's promo was kind of meh. If Michelle was going to be brought up I at least wish it was about her using the Styles Clash. I just have no interest in a Styles/Taker match at WM in general.

Dug most of the stuff with Rollins and co. vs.  Black/Owens/Profits/Raiders. I was surprised at how much of the last hour they got.

Kabuki Warriors vs. Nattie/Liv was nice while it lasted. Not sure what to think of the finish with Liv going after her former Riott Squad teammates.

The Charlotte/Rhea segment was decent enough.

Was kind of disappointed to see Rowan squashed by Drew though I get it. The whole spider smash part of the match n the other hand felt weird since Drew essentially killed a pet. I get killing the angle after the bad reactions last week, but that might have been a bit much.

The Edge/Orton stuff was neat.