DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVI - April 4 & 5, 2020

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i mean like answering questions such as "what is a boneyard match,”

AJ said in an interview somewhere that it’s more or less a brawl in a cemetery, but they didn’t want to call it a graveyard match, what with all of the people actually dying. Their idea of being sensitive is remarkable. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

AJ should have wanted a match inside a video game store. 

He should’ve challenged him to the basketball game of death from Escape from LA.

Edited by (BP)

4 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Didn't DDT have a match where the wrestlers in the ring played fire pro on the jumbotron? Could have done that and kept Taker socially distanced. 

At the first chikara conclave fan expo, fans played against wrestlers in fire pro. 

While the shirts themselves might be clever, in the end, they are trying to make money out of a global crisis with lot of people dying (they are not contributing parts of the proceeds to some charity, do they).

Given that they are trying to act like the virus isn't even happening, lots of luck with any of that money going to a charity or hospitals

Going to be interesting how they are doing these 1 hour pre-shows every day.   No social distancing on those shows.  

I've seen like 4 stories saying Roman is going to be taken out of the main event in a "creative" way.   

I can only imagine what idiocy these people have in mind. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I've seen like 4 stories saying Roman is going to be taken out of the main event in a "creative" way.   

I can not be alone thinking that their creative way will be him testing positive for the virus. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh, God.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 1

Possibilities for writing out Roman:

1. They had him punch his hand through a car window.

2. They had him eat a superkick and get a concussion.

3. They had him spear Bret Hart but Bret was secretly wearing a metal girdle.

Bonus: They had him wear a blonde wig and get mocked into hiding. 

Edited by Matt D

2 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

I can not be alone thinking that their creative way will be him testing positive for the virus. 

Vince thinks getting a cold is a sign of weakness.  No way he makes a top guy look weak by booking him to job to a virus.

I can't even bring myself to hatewatch this sh** show.  I'll probably watch the WM 35 rebroadcast on ESPN and call it a day.  

I actually think they can edit 35 down to a fun little 4-hr. show.

Roman Reigns being attacked in the parking lot or backstage area and being sent for an evaluation at a local medical facility is what I've been expecting as they've continued advertising him.

On the plus side, my cable box has three hours scheduled for this thing each night. I may just enjoy the two day format. I only wish they'd gone the same way New Japan did for WK and release the card for each night. Aside from Drew-Brock definitely closing out night two, the rest is hard to pin down.

• Like 1