DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVI - April 4 & 5, 2020

Dolfan in NYC

As far as I know, everything is taped. Or at least everything at the PC. No clue about the other locations. They are supposed to have tv done at least through the sixth, maybe the eighth. 

Please, for the love of God, shut down. Fill TV with docs, classic matches, profile pieces, whatever. 

AEW needed to shut down two weeks ago too. I wish like hell they had taped weeks worth of tv, but either way.

• Like 1

I'm not going to condemn Miz without knowing all the details. Obviously, there are multiple sides to this and rumors in wrestling always get twisted or sometimes get told inaccurately. Case in point, Meltzer going on about Seth Rollins giving a rah rah speech after that Saudi Arabia trip. 

But if Reigns didn't feel comfortable with performing in this situation, he shouldn't have. 

12 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

If this can somehow lead to either Vince McMahon’s outright dismissal or lost fortune, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings.

At worst, we get a half-assed mea culpa interview where Vince insists nobody could have seen how bad this was going to get.

Of course I doubt the media even notices what's going on here. They have much bigger things to cover, and wrestling will fly under the radar as usual. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

If this can somehow lead to either Vince McMahon’s outright dismissal or lost fortune, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings.

I think Vince is going to be able to avoid losing his riches for now. He recently entered a deal where will he will get $80 million now and agree to sell a number of his stocks (don't quote me on the number but I think like about 15 percent of his class b shares). Plus all that guaranteed Fox money. 

He holds 70% of voting shares, so moving him out would be extremely difficult.

You know how every year after the Royal Rumble they premiere a documentary about the previous year's WrestleMania? Next year's should be way more interesting than the actual event, even WWE-sanitized.

4 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

It's only a rumor on Reddit - but it comes from the same guy who posted the Roman story before Satin did - the following guys are off the card

Reveal hidden contents

KO, Miz, Morrison, Usos and EDGE

Okay from a recent report

Spoiler

Other news:

• Despite reports otherwise, Asuka and Cesaro both worked WrestleMania with no health issues.
  • Edge vs. Randy Orton was successfully taped this week.
  • Meltzer confirmed PWInsider's report earlier Friday that Buddy Murphy was indeed sick and didn't come to the TV tapings this week. Meltzer added that no one sick was allowed around, even if they had a cough or a stuffy nose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Zayn vs Bryan and Otis vs Dolph are both official.

So much for people who thought that this Wrestlemania wasn't going to be 2  four hour shows.  

So Bray vs Cena is now a Firefly House of Fun match.   Which I assume is like that god awful Bray vs Orton match only with less of a crack house look and more of a demented Mr Rogers Neighborhood vibe

WWE acting like Reigns vs Goldberg is going to happen is just stupidity to me given everyone knows the story.  I doubt they will talk about this on RAW.  

So I guess there way of compensating for the 50 person limit is to have matches in almost all of the different setting of Full Sail?   You put 5 people near the Boneyard match.location  you put 5 people near the Firefly Match match location.   Find some wacky location high in the air for 5 people to deal with Corbin vs Elias

On 3/20/2020 at 8:25 AM, The Natural said:

I shouldn't be surprised with Vince McMahon's stubbornness and the show must go on mentality, but still I am. Everything else is shut down due to cornavirus, people are dying for fuck's sake yet this is carrying on. It's not worth risking your talent picking this damn thing up. Had to get that off my chest.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:11 AM, Brian Fowler said:

I know Cole has claimed he didn't know the finish.

But, yeah, nobody believed Brock would win (and isn't that amazing in hindsight) and when the match didn't turn into something special or convince them otherwise, no one cared.

Then the finish happened...

On 3/23/2020 at 2:19 AM, JonnyLaw said:

I remember watching Brock hit the third F5 and thinking “Wow, they’re really going to have Taker kick out of thre... wait... what...”

I remember going and coming home with my Dad talking about WrestleMania XXX saying there was no chance The Undertaker was going to lose to Brock Lesnar. I didn't watch the show live, I recorded it and watched on the Monday with my dog, Tess on me. When THAT finish happened, I just sat staring at the screen in shock/disbelief. I was so pissed off, if it wasn't Daniel Bryan in the main event, I'd likely have turned it off. Most holy fuck moment in all my years as a fan of wrestling. I actually bought WrestleMania XXX on DVD, I rarely do the events but made an exception with Daniel Bryan defeating the Authority becoming WWE World Heavyweight Champion, it was a great show and with two of the best video packages you'll ever in Daniel Bryan's Monster and Legacy for Cena/Wyatt. I just hoped the music for both wasn't edited.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:56 AM, (BP) said:

I wonder how those follow-up Taker/Brock matches with all of the nut shots hold up. I recall them being somewhat well received, but that may have been in comparison to the XXX match. 

On 3/23/2020 at 8:14 AM, Brian Fowler said:

I remember liking SummerSlam, despite the weird finish, and really really liking the Cell. Probably the last high end Taker matches. But I haven't revisited them either.

Undertaker's last truly great matches. I've always preferred the SummerSlam match even with the screwy finish. 'Taker deserved a win over Brock Lesnar having putting the over the way he did in 2002, 2003 and especially ending The Streak in 2014. The best Undertaker/Lesnar match? No Mercy 2002 inside the Hell in a Cell. What a show that was.

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - the other big reason Reigns withdrew (and I am sorry that fact is being reported on ESPN's front page so its not a spoiler) is that The Miz is sick and was still showing up to wrestle.

PWI reports that the Miz was pulled from the show (And Meltzer says it was the Usos who raised concerned that the Miz was there trying to work sick)

If you asked me what WWE coworker would show up despite being sick, The Miz and AJ Styles.

Edited by The Natural

10 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Doesn't Borash do production work for WWE now? Maybe he can help Cena-Wyatt be more Final Deletion than House of Horrors.

Technically Borash is NXT

That doesn't mean they can't/won't use him for one of these on location matches

Another Smackdown spoiler relevant to this show:

Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena in the Firefly Fun House. It can't be the worse than the horrible Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton match at WrestleMania XXXIII with fucking bugs beamed onto the ring canvas in one of the worst WWE Championship matches ever at a WrestleMania...can it?

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

The guy on the right looks like HBK with straight eyes in that shot.

Posted this before and have to again. NSFW language warning:

Spot on HBK impression by RVD. I had the same reaction as Sean Oliver.

• Haha 1