DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVI - April 4 & 5, 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Meltzer had said last week that some people might have travel issues getting back into the country so part of me wonders if that is popping up

Of course I did enjoy that he was like "Well Brock won't have a problem"

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

To add to the list of wrestlers missing Mania

Reveal hidden contents

PWInsider is report Andrade didn't wrestle due to a rib injury he got from the Raw tag match that aired this week.  Garza still wrestled with an unnamed NXT wrestler replacing Andrade: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/135068/spoiler-another-champion-out-of-wrestlemania-36.html?p=1

Replacing that wrestler was 

Austin Theory

At least this isn't as disastrous as that 1996 house show in Louisville where Aldo Montoya and Duke "The Dumpster" Droese had to wrestle twice for 45 minutes until the rest of the boys got there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Wait, so basically none of the key matches are happening? Lol.

Presumably they'll still be able to deliver on

• Drew vs Brock
  • Becky vs Shayna
  • Charlotte vs Rhea
  • Cena vs Bray
  • AJ vs Taker

Which is a decent chunk of the featured matches. Of course those will all be lame and depressing and none of this should be happening. But that goes without saying.

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Presumably they'll still be able to deliver on

• Drew vs Brock
  • Becky vs Shayna
  • Charlotte vs Rhea
  • Cena vs Bray
  • AJ vs Taker

Which is a decent chunk of the featured matches. Of course those will all be lame and depressing and none of this should be happening. But that goes without saying.

Supposedly Bayley's title defense was already taped, too.

I mean, Fuck Miz I guess, but isn't this one of those situations where it actually makes sense to say Fuck Vince? The Miz shouldn't feel encouraged to show up at events sick, and the company culture at WWE is undoubtedly to blame for that. Who knows how Vince could possibly retaliate at the people making the decision to sit out right now? What if the post-Coronavirus WWE suddenly doesn't have a place for those weak people who couldn't Man Up and wrestle during a pandemic? Meltzer or whoever can point to Reigns making the decision based on Miz, but it's clear Reigns should have been pulled the second all of this flared up. If it took Miz showing up sick for them to wake up, then I'm glad he did. I hope the whole roster sits out and tells Vince to go fuck himself.

• Like 4

I've also seen some athletes who got sick say it totally ruins your conditioning so wrestlers should be especially wary.

This sounds like a total disaster but it's probably the closest we'll get to a DDT version of Wrestlemania. I hope they shoot pyro at each other and wrestle into a lake.

14 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I mean, Fuck Miz I guess, but isn't this one of those situations where it actually makes sense to say Fuck Vince? The Miz shouldn't feel encouraged to show up at events sick, and the company culture at WWE is undoubtedly to blame for that. Who knows how Vince could possibly retaliate at the people making the decision to sit out right now? What if the post-Coronavirus WWE suddenly doesn't have a place for those weak people who couldn't Man Up and wrestle during a pandemic? Meltzer or whoever can point to Reigns making the decision based on Miz, but it's clear Reigns should have been pulled the second all of this flared up. If it took Miz showing up sick for them to wake up, then I'm glad he did. I hope the whole roster sits out and tells Vince to go fuck himself.

If we're making a comprehensive list of Fuck ______, then Vince of course places at the very tippy top. But Miz being enough of a bootlicker to leave his mansion and travel sick earns him a spot on the list.

Truthfully, anyone with the power to say no who doesn't do so also deserves a place on that list. That list includes every top talent and every person who's carved out a very comfortable living working for this company. If there was ever a time for every talent to tell Vince to go pound sound, it was when this thing escalated. He can't bury and blackball everyone. And here we are weeks later, in an increasingly fucked up situation where this company/industry keeps looking worse and worse.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

I blame Trump for his administrations slack response, I blame the media being far too focused on impeachment in January, and I blame Vince for not safeguarding his most vulnerable performers. Every institution in the managerial class deserves equal blame for this getting out of control. Miz is a grug-brained company man, but literally any crew member could be a carrier of the virus. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Miz is a grug-brained company man, but literally any crew member could be a carrier of the virus. 

A week from Clusterfuckmania taking place or airing, this is going to end with at least one performer apologizing for giving everyone who actually wrestled "The Rona". This is how this all ends.

• Like 2

I'll throw this in here, since some stuff will require replacements if it's taking place at all:

• Buddy Murphy isn't cleared
  • Cesaro and Asuka are out, but no details are available

Anyway, I have no idea what's already in the can. So these people might still be on some stuff. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

48 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Man, when you know it's bad when Morelock is telling Vince to, well, take it away cast of Succession:

• Haha 2

I am actually super interested in this just to see what happens and how it all turns out to be honest.  Like taking a half step back from reality, its interesting to see how sports and entertainment groups are handling this.  Mania is the last real >big< thing.  NASCAR and F1 are running esports with real drivers, but Wrestling is still Wrestling yo.

• Like 1