DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVI - April 4 & 5, 2020

Dolfan in NYC

59 minutes ago, hammerva said:

i mean for someone who was actually planning on going to Wrestlemania yeah I would prefer to not know what happens until next week.  But yeah at this rate it is a lost cause unless you just completely get off Twitter. 

Not everyone is on Twitter so it would be nice if you put stuff like that in spoilers. 

Edited by RIPPA
Edited out the actual spoiler

Man, they have to cancel it. Even booking wise it makes no sense.

You going to have Drew’s big win over Brock in front of nobody and make no money off of it? You going to waste all the effort to get him at this level and have him lose? You’re not going to have Brock as champ when you come back to normal?

You going to waste what few Edge matches you have left in front of no one?

You’re going to waste Becky losing the belt?

just postpone everything. You can keep the current stuff booked as the return home show. Put on re-runs and best-ofs and video packages and training montages until we can get back. 

This empty arena stuff is depressing and doesn’t feel like real wrestling. And it won’t feel like Mania until we’re all back to normal.

• Like 3

BTW - the other big reason Reigns withdrew (and I am sorry that fact is being reported on ESPN's front page so its not a spoiler) is that The Miz is sick and was still showing up to wrestle.

PWI reports that the Miz was pulled from the show (And Meltzer says it was the Usos who raised concerned that the Miz was there trying to work sick)

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

i mean for someone who was actually planning on going to Wrestlemania yeah I would prefer to not know what happens until next week.  But yeah at this rate it is a lost cause unless you just completely get off Twitter.  For example I am sure there are people wondering why is

Hide contents

Sasha Banks so thankful and happy about the WWE and Vince right now

Isn't that one of her dumb Twitter gimmicks? She's 100% done that before.

• Like 2

If you had asked me what WWE coworker would continue to show up despite being sick - Miz would have been my first choice. Second choice at worst (Ignoring any McMahon as a possible option)

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you had asked me what WWE coworker would continue to show up despite being sick - Miz would have been my first choice. Second choice at worst (Ignoring any McMahon as a possible option)

See, now, I wouldn't have ever thought him. After all, he's the guy that's "soft" and works a style that avoids injury, etc. I wouldn't have expected him to fall into that macho work through the pain bullshit.

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Man, they have to cancel it. Even booking wise it makes no sense.

You going to have Drew’s big win over Brock in front of nobody and make no money off of it? You going to waste all the effort to get him at this level and have him lose? You’re not going to have Brock as champ when you come back to normal?

You going to waste what few Edge matches you have left in front of no one?

You’re going to waste Becky losing the belt?

just postpone everything. You can keep the current stuff booked as the return home show. Put on re-runs and best-ofs and video packages and training montages until we can get back. 

This empty arena stuff is depressing and doesn’t feel like real wrestling. And it won’t feel like Mania until we’re all back to normal.

Vince. Doesn't. Give. A. Fuck.

When are people going to realize this? This is the same guy who lost 10s of millions on the XFL. He's the same guy who wouldn't stop the show after Owen Hart died. He's the same guy that still went through with SD after 9/11 and had Steph go out and compare 9/11 to her dad beating the government. He's the same guy who not only had Ambrose turn on Rollins the same night Roman announced he had leukemia, but he later used Roman's cancer for a way for Baron fucking Corbin to get heat. He's the same guy who sold off a fuck ton of stock before it was close to peaking and it was still on its way up. He's the same guy that just sold off even more stock when WWE stock is at one of its lowest points in awhile.

Vince doesn't give a fuck. Dude consistently lights millions of dollars on fire like he's the Joker in the Dark Knight. Vince McMahon isn't a rational person. Half of the roster could die in a plane crash and he would still go on with WrestleMania. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

See, now, I wouldn't have ever thought him. After all, he's the guy that's "soft" and works a style that avoids injury, etc. I wouldn't have expected him to fall into that macho work through the pain bullshit.

Miz is almost as much of a company man as the Undertaker. I'm not the least bit shocked he showed up sick. Not sick with coronavirus, but sick in general, which would just spook everyone else.

I like Miz and appreciate him for all he's done.  But if he's the reason Roman's out (who shouldn't have done this anyway) then Miz not only needs to be punished but needs to find a way to make it up to him.  It's so damn inexcusable for that to happen and if I was a co-worker I'd be really annoyed as well.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

This is the best alternative, IMHO. Riddle talks shit and acts like he’s going to shoot on Bill for a week on social media, then he gets speared out of his flip flops and does the job. They’re out of there in five seconds not counting entrances. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

It's only a rumor on Reddit - but it comes from the same guy who posted the Roman story before Satin did - the following guys are off the card

Reveal hidden contents

KO, Miz, Morrison, Usos and EDGE

Good.

Meltzer had said last week that some people might have travel issues getting back into the country so part of me wonders if that is popping up

Of course I did enjoy that he was like "Well Brock won't have a problem"

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

To add to the list of wrestlers missing Mania

Reveal hidden contents

PWInsider is report Andrade didn't wrestle due to a rib injury he got from the Raw tag match that aired this week.  Garza still wrestled with an unnamed NXT wrestler replacing Andrade: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/135068/spoiler-another-champion-out-of-wrestlemania-36.html?p=1

Replacing that wrestler was 

Austin Theory