DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVI - April 4 & 5, 2020

Dolfan in NYC

So according to PWinsider, Wrestlemania and the weeks before it will actually be taped next week.  I think I saw that 3/25 was Night 1 and 3/26 was Night 2

If true, at least now we will be able to find out who is leaking spoilers much easier.  

On 3/20/2020 at 5:46 PM, nofuture said:

ESPN will be airing Wrestlemania's 30, 32 and 35 over the next few Sundays: https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/espn-wrestlemania-wwe-tv-sports-1203540417/

WrestleMania XXX and XXXI were the last truly great WrestleMania's to me.

WrestleMania XXX: Daniel Bryna defeats the Authority, first by beating Triple H to get into the triple threat main event and defeats Randy Orton and Batista. Brock Lesnar ending The Undertaker's Undefeated Streak at WrestleMania was the most shocking thing I've seen in all my years watching wrestling. Cesaro wins the first Andre the Giant Batlle Royal. Two all time great promo videos for Bryan/Triple H and John Cena/Bray Wyatt.

WrestleMania XXXI. One of the greatest main events in the history of the show as Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns batter one another for Seth Rollins to cash in the Money in the Bank contract and leave WWE Champion. Earlier on the show, Rollins went down to THAT RKO by Randy Orton. Daniel Bryan wins the WWE Intercontinental Championship to complete the career grand slam. Sting vs. Triple H disappointed with the exception of the entrances and the fuckin' n.W.o helping Sting. That's not right.

WrestleMania XXXII sucked with the exception of Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch for the new WWE Women's Championship and Zack Ryder winning the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

All I remember from WrestleMania XXXV was getting the wrong main event, Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch instead of Rousey vs. Lynch, Kofi Kingston winning the WWE Championship from the New Daniel Bryan in the MOTN and how long the damn thing was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

WrestleMania XXX and XXXI were the last truly great WrestleMania's to me.

WrestleMania XXX: Daniel Bryna defeats the Authority, first by beating Triple H to get into the triple threat main event and defeats Randy Orton and Batista. Brock Lesnar ending The Undertaker's Undefeated Streak at WrestleMania was the most shocking thing I've seen in all my years watching wrestling. Cesaro wins the first Andre the Giant Batlle Royal. Two all time great promo videos for Bryan/Triple H and John Cena/Bray Wyatt.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Worked Twitter feuds are so cringey. 

Did they hire Henry Cejudo to write this shit?

Yeah, they need someone to punch up their material. Gotta be some WGA members that need some work right about now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Sting vs Triple H probably wasn't good but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

It was a perfectly fine match till the shitty NWO is Sting’s back-up started. They could have sent agents Arn, Malenko and Fit out there and it would make more sense. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Yeah, they need someone to punch up their material. Gotta be some WGA members that need some work right about now.

They need Meltzer to show them all how to go scorched earth on people. 

3 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Ronda's twitter promos a year ago were worse.

One of the issues with scripted promos all the time is that nobody gets the reps in coming up with their own shit. But it also means that the guys who would ordinarily be terrible talkers get to appear to be almost as good as the guys who would be great. Embrace the bland homogeniety!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AxB said:

Ronda's twitter promos a year ago were worse.

One of the issues with scripted promos all the time is that nobody gets the reps in coming up with their own shit. But it also means that the guys who would ordinarily be terrible talkers get to appear to be almost as good as the guys who would be great. Embrace the bland homogeniety!

Oh I believe you but all the time I hear from Meltzer is that _________ is great at using Twitter. I am assuming he means just in general (i.e. just being funny, charity stuff, interacting with people) because this is not good evidence in his favor.

In case you were wondering, the Wrestlemania 30 on ESPN is edited a bunch.  So far the Shield match and the first Andre Battle royal is missing.  I guess it shouldn't be surprising since it was only scheduled for 4 hours.   Doesn't really make sense given you are a network completely desperate for programming.  

Edit:  The battle royale is in there 

Edited by hammerva

At least they didn’t edit it down to an hour like the old NBC “replays.” I’ve never completely recovered from them recutting Taker’s entrance at 27 as a music video featuring Katy Perry’s song Alien. 

• Like 2

In terms of history, has there every been a match that had no such little crowd reaction and the most insane reaction at the finish like Brock vs Taker at WM 30.  I forgot how little the crowd cared about this match into the finish

Although this match isn't as horrible as I remember as well.  This is the first time I have watched the commentary version of this and seriously Cole, Lawler, and JBL is kind of giving the away the finish by how incredibly somber and quiet they are.  

Edited by hammerva