DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVI - April 4 & 5, 2020

Dolfan in NYC

18 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

In looking back at Mania 2 I just had two thoughts: 

A) The card was terrible.  Only the Bulldogs winning the titles was anything resembling a good match.

B) I'd legit forgotten that Dory had ever been in WWF.

( @RIPPA will rue the next time I'm upset about something stupid done by the Dolphins)

JYD/ Tito vs The Funks is a great match. 
Also, Dory was on a WOL show once and I called in and asked him if he hated being called "Hoss". He said that he liked it because that's his real life nickname.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert s said:

Who is that between Becky and Roman?

Pitbull #2

Spoiler

Actually, since I know you're not American, it's American footballer Rob Gronkowski.  Soon to be WWE Superstar Rob Gronkowski. 

• Haha 2

Per Meltzer on the radio show this morning - the plan is PC both nights and then all the gimmick matches will be taped in undisclosed locations (since they don't want fans trying to show up)

All the announced matches will happen but all unannounced matches are up in the air

As mentioned by others - Dave said there is basically no way the battle royals can happen and there is still a chance that the state of Florida shuts it all down

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

2nKjH1nMr-EZEH-GglEWnxu2r9lJMjdw30VA-00A

Thanks, I assumed it had to be some celebrity and now that I remember that his name was announced as being part of Wrestlemania, I should have put 1+1 together. But I literally would never have heard that name if it was not for WWE. Was he the guy who did some pre-show shenanigans with Mojo Rawley or whoever a couple of years ago? I know that I might seem to be trolling, but I am serious (okay, not about the last part, as I looked this up myself now, but about never having heard or read is name before, except within the WWE context). And is this just a bad picture? Because that does not look like a football player (size-wise), except maybe a kicker.

37 minutes ago, Robert s said:

Thanks, I assumed it had to be some celebrity and now that I remember that his name was announced as being part of Wrestlemania, I should have put 1+1 together. But I literally would never have heard that name if it was not for WWE. Was he the guy who did some pre-show shenanigans with Mojo Rawley or whoever a couple of years ago? I know that I might seem to be trolling, but I am serious (okay, not about the last part, as I looked this up myself now, but about never having heard or read is name before, except within the WWE context). And is this just a bad picture? Because that does not look like a football player (size-wise), except maybe a kicker.

That is his high school yearbook picture from almost 15 years ago. He is 6'6" and during his playing career, he was bigger than half of the opposing defenses he played against.

At this point, I half-expect Vince to either secretly fly the roster against their will to Saudi Arabia for The Most Glorious Empty Stadium Wrestlemania, or just have the wrestlers playing WWE 2K20 to simulate the card only for every match to glitch out.

Edited by Hamhock

Watching Smackdown last week, I kept thinking that I couldn't imagine them running an entire Wrestlemania from the PC with no audience. Sure they would've if they had no choice but I believed they would've tried to run it somewhere else. This seems like it could put alot on their plate, considering how neat they like to be with their presentation nowadays especially as compared to "86. This could come across as a disaster but what worse could it be considering they can't have a full arena full of fans. I think at this point the appeal of Wrestle Mania now is how is the show going to turn out. How is the present going to come across.

Several different locations could give the show more uncertainty because you wont have Vince at every location and different agents and producers or whatever. I will be interesting to see how it happens. Say what you will about Vince, it may not be a smart move but we know enough about him to know he is probably running this just to stand out from these other sports organizations and say that he ran his Superbowl after the fact and on the other hand I believe was going to do anything in his power to run Wrestlemania at the time he originally intended to.

18 hours ago, AxB said:

So what happens to people who buy it on old school PPV, instead of the WWE Network? Does it cost double now, because it's two shows?

According to the Observer, it's going to vary by cable/satellite providers. Some might still both nights for the same price one night would've been ($70-80) and others might have each for half the price. Guess it just remains to be seen.

I shouldn't be surprised with Vince McMahon's stubbornness and the show must go on mentality, but still I am. Everything else is shut down due to cornavirus, people are dying for fuck's sake yet this is carrying on. It's not worth risking your talent picking this damn thing up. Had to get that off my chest.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, AxB said:

So what happens to people who buy it on old school PPV, instead of the WWE Network? Does it cost double now, because it's two shows?

Guessing one of the following:

Separate price for each.

A larger price as there's two.

A deal if you buy both, it works out better.

Miracle the match turned out the way it did. Best wrestler vs. somebody outside of wrestling match I've seen. What a WrestleMania XXIV was with the MOTN pitting Edge vs. The Undertaker in the main event, Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair in Flair's Career Threatening match, MITB Ladder match with a surprise winner in CM Punk and John Cena losing at WrestleMania for the first time.

• Like 1