DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVI - April 4 & 5, 2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So according to TMZ the latest idea was to have Wrestlemania be an empty stadium show but Vince is against it.   

That's the only safe option at this point if he won't postpone or cancel. Of course this is Vince, so when Tampa pulls the plug on the show I fully expect Stephanie to do another speech about how her dad has overcome to many adversity's in life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In some ways, I'm not surprised WWE hasn't cancelled yet (Owen, post 9/11 SD), but the board has to see the writing on the wall at this point. I'm a bit more surprised they haven't intervened despite the massive money loss it will be for them. Just rip the wax strip off already.

Empty stadium Mania would make for some amazing dystopian pics that would live forever, though.

• Like 1

Would a show at Raymond James in front of no fans still mean that they would have to have refund tickets?  Would want kind of loop hole they could get away with on that.   I would think that if it runs at the Performance center they would definitely have to refund.   

19 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Would a show at Raymond James in front of no fans still mean that they would have to have refund tickets?  Would want kind of loop hole they could get away with on that.   I would think that if it runs at the Performance center they would definitely have to refund.   

This has crossed my mind for a few days now. If they don’t refund, they might end up with a massive lawsuit on them. If I was AEW, and Vince tried that I would offer the people with Mania tickets free entrance into an AEW show of there choosing. So Vince, don’t be stupid. I expect if anything the proposed Performance Center Wrestlemania. It’s an awful version of the event, but nobody gets fucked(accept the WWE, in this situation when it comes to making money). I could also see the WWE file a lawsuit against the city too.

This whole situation is almost unprecedented.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I can only assume under the circumstances MSG is available that day. May as well do an empty show there seeing as there’ll probably never be another opportunity to do WrestleMania there again. Plus, if they just outfit it to look like the original Mania it would be a simple improvised production move. 

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/article/wrestlemania-36-statement

“In coordination with local partners and government officials, WrestleMania and all related events in Tampa Bay will not take place. However, WrestleMania will still stream live on Sunday, April 5 at 7 pm ET on WWE Network and be available on pay-per-view. Only essential personnel will be on the closed set at WWE’s training facility in Orlando, Florida to produce WrestleMania.”

Doesn’t the WWE film house show matches? Why don’t they do a modern version of WWF Prime Time, and just air House Show footage from around the country. They can have Renee Young & Kevin Owens(who’s wit is closest to Bobby) host. It doesn’t even need to be recent stuff, it can be from the past 3 years(Just current roster guys). 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs