DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVI - April 4 & 5, 2020

Dolfan in NYC

28 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

I was more thinking of EA Backstage Assault, so now you're all going to have to think about it too. Muahahahaha.

But seriously, although it's dreadful for the Wrestlemania weekend shenanigans - WWE and AEW should be better placed than many sports to manage this creatively.

Image result for british bulldog sting beach blast

Yes, though they also have some extra challenges due to pro wrestling's narrative nature. Its not like being able to reschedule a game later in the season or postponing a concert until further notice, its not just a delay but also affects the broader stories. Whatever happens from here, WWE and other federations (who will probably be the real sufferers financially) have difficult decisions ahead.

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Or the ECW game for Genesis (at least I swear it was on Genesis, because that even though I can find it nowhere on Google I own the fucker) 

There was no ECW game for Genesis.

Vince should one up AEW/Jericho and get the Saudi Prince to lend him a fleet of cruise liners for WrestleMania. Host it across say 3 ships (one for HOF, one for  NXT Takeover and one for Mania) and park them in international waters.

SDL can just be a highlights/clip show covering the build up for all the matches, NXT included.

Cole hitting Dream with a Destroyer off the back of the ship and into the propeller for a 2.9 count will get some massive pops.

Edited by L_W_P
  • Haha 2

On one hand, absolutely every logical and rational indicator I can imagine points to the show being canceled.

On the other, left to his own devices, Vince insisting the show go on is exactly the sort of thing he'd view as on-brand, rebellious and something that would get mainstream attention.

I can easily see him currently in a staring contest with Tampa/Florida officials, who wouldn't want to force the closure for insurance reasons (I suspect, as language along these lines would be common in most contracts). 

• Like 1

“I know! We’ll have WrestleMania in the performance center! Every ticket holder hop in!”

”Mr. McMahon, they’ll never fit-“

i-said-hop-in.png

*I know that’s two Simpsons in a day. Tell it to the Seinfeld people.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

ECW Hardcore Revolution was released on N64, Playstation1, and Dreamcast

ECW Anarchy Rulz was released for Playstation and Dreamcast

I've got 'em both somewhere.

I can already hear the "one entertainment institution wasn't afraid to keep it's doors open and create moments for it's fans" propaganda video about not cancelling Wrestlemania.  Hell, I'm so used to WWE PR language idiosyncracies I could probably write the whole damn thing.

• Haha 1

You know if I was WWE I might go completely outside the box on this one. They aren't going to make any money off of a live gate, put this mother fucker on free TV on a Sunday afternoon. There will be literally almost no sports competition and they could break their arms patting themselves on the back on how they "did it for the fans".

12 hours ago, (BP) said:

“I know! We’ll have WrestleMania in the performance center! Every ticket holder hop in!”

i-said-hop-in.png

I want to like this, thank for it and laugh at the same time. Amazing! 

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2020 at 7:57 PM, Phantom Lord said:

If the show goes on, maybe they'll take this as a sign to trim the show so it doesn't run almost eight hours start to finish.

More likely, they go in the other direction and the show runs so long it effectively serves as a self-quarantine for everyone there.

• Like 2

I literally have been thinking about Monty Burns as Howard Hughes for 2 weeks now and legit wondered how many people would still get that reference

That episode aired.. checks notes... 26 YEARS AGO!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/12/2020 at 3:13 PM, Curt McGirt said:

That's what the internet is telling me and it makes no sense. I never owned an N64, but I bought the game. It's long been given away I think, but then why did I buy it? The only thing I can think of is a roommate had an N64. 

Was it Hardcore Revolution? The N64 cartridge was black.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, (BP) said:

i-said-hop-in.png

You rang?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2