DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/14/20

*Taped for Xplosion: Cousin Jake def. Joey Ryan
*Taped for Xplosion: Willie Mack def. Madman Fulton

Impact Wrestling - Airing April 14, 2020 from Atlanta, GA

*Johnny Swinger def. "Action" Mike Jackson via pinfall with feet on the ropes

*Fallah Bahh & TJP def. Reno Scum (Adam Thornstowe & Luster the Legend), the Rascalz (Dez & Wentz), and XXXL (Acey Romero & Larry D) in a 4 Way Tag to earn a shot at the tag team titles at Rebellion.. After the match, they face off with The North. 

*Hernandez def. Rohit Raju after the Border Toss.

*(Aired clipped from Qatar Pro Wrestling): Michael Elgin def. Eddie Edwards with the Elgin Bomb to win the QPW Middle Eastern Title after interference from Brian Cage.

*Ace Austin def. Trey Miguel via rollup with tights pulled.

*Tenille Dashwood def. Taya Valkyrie (w/ John E Bravo) with a sunset flip. After the match, Taya attacked Tenille until Jordynne Grace made the save.

*Contract Signing for Sami Callihan vs. Ken Shamrock at Rebellion. Sami tried to goad Shamrock into attacking him then used his lights out gimmick to disappear while having hooded people surround the ring until Shamrock chased to the back.

Edited by DreamBroken

Good show that flew by quick. Mike Jackson looked great in his match with Swinger, that was fun. Would've liked to have seen Moose/Hernandez but guessing the Rebellion card is undergoing some changes with the new situation, since I don't think they mentioned Tessa/Eddie/Elgin happening with Tessa in CA. the Elgin/Eddie match was a bizarre choice to air with the roles reversed and Brian Cage involved but interesting to see. They've always had creative ways to fill up the shows so I hope their upcoming empty arena shows come off well. Tenille/Taya was pretty great, love seeing Tenille back and pushed. Grace took forever to bother making the save there. Cool ending with Sami and Shamrock has me looking forward to their match. 

• Like 1

Mike Jackson vs Johnny Swinger was awesome. A 70 year old man did a topè, it wasn’t pretty but he did it. M. Jackson wasn’t Disco under a hood in tassel tights it was a way better reveal. Swinger cheated to win against a 70 year old man. Them airing Jackson’s standing O and Swingers reaction makes me think they had plans to bring Jackson but. I hope they do after this Covid stuff is cleared up. I hope Mr Jackson is taking care of himself. 

The 4 Way tag. This was set up last week on the Rascalz Treehouse segment. Winner challenges for the Tag Straps at Rebellion I  wonder if that still stands as the Tag Champs live in Canada. There’s a ton of variety in the tag scene. You got the big boys (XXXL), the high flyers (Rascalz), the heel brawlers (Reno Scum) and the odd couple pairing (TJP & Fallah). 3xl are a ton of fun pun intended. Acey dove onto Fallah. Larry dove onto Wentz. How Wentz didn’t die is beyond me. TJP and Fallah win with a Samoan Drop/Frog Splash combo. The North come in and stare down the competition we’ll see if this happens in the next two weeks or not.

This weeks Impact Plus Flashback is Tessa vs Gail Kim from  last years Rebellion. Match looks really good. Tessa made Gail clap.

They play a Video Packsge of Joey Ryan vs Cody Deaner from two weeks ago. Cody picks up the win. Joeys then in the production truck yelling about the Deaners he has his own VO to play and it’s RVD and Katie Forbes in a hot tub. I like this promo I thought it was funny they randomly made out at the end sleazy RVD is fun.  

I’m happy to see Hernandez got a double shot during this taping. There was a disagreement backstage between Rohit and Gamma which led to Gamma slapping Rohit, there may be cracks in the Desi Hit Squads foundation. Match was quick Hernandez won with a Border Toss. I wonder if he called Monty Brown about using The Pounce lol. 

Madison Rayne has a new interview segment Locker Room Tslkand get first guest is Johnny Swinger are maybe he’s her co host. Kylie Rae is the guest. Kylie is bubbly Madison is catty and Swinger is creeper. Everyone plays their parts.Madison try’s to get Kylie to say something mean about Keira Hogan then Kiera shows up. Keira Hogan says mean things about Kylie. Kylie calls Kiera not very nice and storms out. I’m looking forward to this match they did a good job building it up here. 

Eddie Edward vs Michael Elgin in Qatar was cool. I like when Impact airs matches between roster members from promotions they have affiliations with. Impact is apart of the larger wrestling world. This was a battle right here. They brawled around ringside much to the delight of the kids seated along the guardrail. These guys beat the puss outta each game other. Eddies gonna use to title belt after a ref bump Brian Cage runs in hits Eddie with a couple kicks and a clothesline Elgin hits the Elgin Bomb for the 3. These two were in the scheduled main event for Rebellion alongside Tessa Blanchard so it’s smart to air a match between the two on the Go Home Show. This also may be the last appearance of Brian Cage on Impact. 

They set up Trey Miguel vs Ace Austin early in the night. They had a feud months ago, Ace was hitting on Treys mom so Trey knows the mind games Ace can play and tells him to knock it off, he said it aggressively so now we are having a match. This match was fun. The X Division rides again. Ace and Trey put on a show it was fun it had built in heat from the past feud. Trey looked like he had it then Ace exhibiting good ring IQ rolled Trey up for the 3. Willie Mack cut a promo backstage and it’s a good promo I think Willie walks away X Division championship next week.

Taya vs Tenille was really good. Competitive back and forth. Taya was in control for most the match but Tenille kept fighting and wouldn’t keep fighting. There was some close calls but Tenile either kicked out or after The Road to Valhalla had enough wherewithal to grab the rope to break the pin. Tayas temper got the best of her, the frustration of not putting Tenille away  and Tenille won with a sunset flip. After the match Taya attacked Tenille with a chair and a trash can because no good deed goes unpunished. The best down went on for awhile Bravo even tried to get her to stop that’s how excessive the best down was. Knockouts Champion Jordyne Grace runs out and goes crazy with a kendo stick. I hope this match still takes place at Rebellion. Scheduled to be Full Metal Mayhem but Taya lives in LA.

Tommy and Rhino cut promo on OVE that match is gonna get ugly. I wonder who the mystery partner is gonna be?

The Video Package before the contract signing was really good. Callihan threw a fireball into Kens face and now Ken has Sami’s computer glitch stuck in his eye. There’s a no contact rule on these two before the match so they can’t get physical during the signing or the match is off. Sami tried his damndest to get Ken to hit him. Ken flips over the table the lights go off and come back on we get a V for Vendetta type thing. We get a mini movie in the back to end the show.

Edited by Web Conn
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So apparently Qatar is IMPACT version of the WWE version of a Bizzaroland.  You have Michel Elgin as a white meat babyface against the hated Eddie Edwards in a match where Elgin wins thanks to the interference of a guy who has been injured because of Elgin maybe twice and frankly I am not sure works in the company anymore in Brian Cage

I hope when the virus is gone that the commentary of Matthews and Don Callis is back to normal because man Josh and his wife Madison Rayne are painful now that they have upped Josh uber baby face and Madison's heel stuff.   I do like Madison's talk show 

• Like 1