DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 3/31/20

*Dark Match: Shogun def. Tyler Tirva

*Taped for Xplosion: Kiera Hogan def. Rosemary

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 31, 2020 from Atlanta, GA

*Josh Alexander (w/ Ethan Page) def. Eddie Edwards with a rollup. After the match, The North attack Eddie until Tessa Blanchard makes the save.

*Kylie Rae def. Cassandra Golden via STF submission

*Moose def. Kid Kash after the Spear

*Sami Callihan came out for a promo about taking out Ken Shamrock. Sami talked about not letting legends push down the hard workers here. Tommy Dreamer interrupted and they went back and forth setting up a match.

*Sami Callihan def. Tommy Dreamer after the Piledriver in an extreme rules street fight. After the match, Sami looked to continue to attack Dreamer but Rhino made the save until oVe ran out to beat down Rhino and Dreamer. oVe tried to do their pose with Sami but Sami hit the lights and disappeared.

*Cody Deaner (w/ Cousin Jake) def. Joey Ryan with the Deaner DDT after Jake poured beer in Ryan's mouth.

*Tessa Blanchard def. Ethan Page (w/ Josh Alexander). After the match, Michael Elgin & Eddie Edwards get involved in a post-match brawl.

Impact Wrestling TNA Special - Airing March 31, 2020 following Impact, a one hour special leading in to the "TNA No Place Like Home"  Wrestlecon event on April 3.

*Hernandez def. Chase Stevens after the Border Toss

*Suicide & Manik def. Johnny Swinger & Kid Kash when Suicide pinned Kash

*Scott Steiner came out and cut a promo announcing that he will be teaming with Petey Williams at the TNA There's  No Place Like Home event in a 4 way tag team match.  Joey Ryan interrupted the promo for a back and forth. Steiner ended up taking Ryan out with a clothesline. 

*Rhino def. Madman Fulton via DQ when Dave & Jake Crist interfered. After the match, oVe attacked Rhino until Tommy Dreamer made the save but got beatdown as well. The lights went out and Raven appeared to take out oVe. Raven helped Dreamer up but then turned on him and walked out. oVe beatdown continued until Suicide & Manik ran out for the save. Swinger, Kash, & Chase Stevens ran out to brawl followed by Hernandez, who hit his over the top dive on everyone to end the show.

Edited by DreamBroken

I don't know that I feel any nostalgia for the TNA days of Impact... the only act I'd like to have seen was Team Canada but that definitely isn't happening. No Abyss, no Triple X, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles. To each his own I suppose. 

Thought this was a really fun show throughout, sort of a 3 hour special with the TNA part added on. Right away it was good to hear Dave Penzer on ring announcing. Great to see Kid Kash, always enjoyed when he was around. Sami Callihan's got the theme music that Shotzi Blackheart used in her couple Impact appearances, I dig it a lot.  Tessa/Ethan was good stuff. the TNA hour was quick but a cool addition. the TNA Reunion PPV looked like it was shaping up to be an awesome card if it would've been able to take place.

Watched the TNA Special first DVR’d both TNA is what I wanted to watch first.

I have rose tinted glasses for the TNA days but even when it was really stupid there was some gems.

The old Impact opened was cool as fuck. 

Gotta give it to Impact this was met to be the go home for the Mania weekend show and they decided to air it anyway. Lots of disclaimers about No Place Like Home being postponed whenever the show is brought up.

TNA ring skits the old TNA Championship D’Amore and spender on commentary I’m in love with this already. Although Penzer was never on commentary it’s still cool he was the ring announcer.

Homicide vs Chase Stevens was a battle of two former tag stars having a singles contest. Match was pretty short Hernandez won with a border toss. 

They did a good good at highlighting there history. It’s be easy to Change the name and not acknowledge anything pre 2017 like Sinclair does with ROH pre 2011. But there was video packages highlighting the Knockouts and X Division’s. BTW I think that was Callis how put in him relieving the Ultimate X being that he invented it and all.

I don’t follow Impact weekly so how long has Jimmy Jacobs been doing interviews?

Johnny Swinger and Kid Kash vs Suicide and Manik - The X division showcase match. Swinger and Kid Kash are in better shape then they were in 03 during their first TNA runs. I also enjoy the comic book logic of Suicide and Manik are now two different entities when Suicide has become Manik in storyline. Fun fast paced match got a good amount of time going two segments. The good guys won after Suicide hit a Swanton on Kash for the 3.

The VP with the game show theme as the current roster talk about the King of the Mountain was fun. Company getting the match over without taking itself too serious. Willie Mack knows his TNA. All that old footage was really cool to relieve those memories.

The Promo that gave Scott Steiner a heart attack. Steiner says a lot of cuss words and he’s putting over a tag match him and Petey Williams were in and I’m sad we won’t see that now the call back to the math promo was fucking awesome it got a pop from the crowd.

Clean Cut Joey Ryan has wrinkly shorts. I do like this holier than tho PC culture Joey Ryan but he should be going by Joesph Ryan and dressing nicer like he looks like a guy trying to dress like a dweeb then a guy dressing like a dweeb. Steiner tosses him out of the ring and tells Joey Ryan that him age his snowflakes can kiss Scott’s ass.

This whole show I thought did a good job of introducing TNA gimmicks to an audience who may not be familiar with them. The Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match with Raven exposing what it is. Raven put this over in aces and all that footage was fun to watch. 

Rhino vs Madman Fulton - ok so here’s where this really becomes a TNA show they showed the VP explaining the match and the one sided steel cage and weapons hanging from chains then it’s time for the match no fence no weapons but they called it a Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match. Actually I misspoke the Clockwork match was to happen at No Place Like Home and Fulton and Rhino were to be participants. So now that I’m not irrationally angry the match was pretty fun. They took turns beating each other up. Match ends why too early with oVe making a run in but we got a Tommy Dreamer save attempt that doesn’t work in Tommy’s favor but why do get Raven hitting fools with a Kendo Stick so there was that. Tommy and Raven hug then Raven hits Tommy in the head with a kendo stick just cuz. oVe continue the attack this turns into a locker room clear out of Faces vs Heels. Hernandez did a dive out of the ring as we go off the air.

I couldn’t think of a better way to end a TNA show then the main ending in a non finish with a locker room clearing brawl. 

This was a fun watch but ultimately disappointing as it wasn’t a bad go home for the TNA Reunion show it sure got me excited for a show that isn’t happening on Friday anymore.

16 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Tried to watch this but Twitch had super Lag and sound issues. I tapped out with it after Kylie Rae's Match. 

Even the AXS audio seemed off. Josh would call a move like a half second before it actually happened. Was odd.

I love Joey Ryan's new gear. He looks like some jackass that is way too friendly at a brewpub.

Dug the backstage segment with Susie freaking everyone out.

Not sure where they're going with the Rosemary stuff (or even if they're able to finish it), but I'm digging it with it being an extension of the Real Housewives of Slamtown segment.

My audio was off too.

• Like 1

Ok I'm watching Impact now.

Damn I wished I watched Impact last week that undead realm stuff looks really cool. Impact does this theatrical stuff really good. It's a lasting influence of the Broken Hardy angle. Mitchell being killed off then seeing Abyss in heaven and saying "who booked this shit" was awesome.

I didn't bring this up when I spoke on the TNA Special but the venue in Atlanta looks really cool with the low balcony I like theaters like this for smaller promotions it looks like where wrestling should be taking place a call back to the 50's and the Golden Age of Television Wrestling.

Eddie Edwards vs Josh Alexander - So Eddie rolls his jeans up to his knees now. and he has a mohawk thing going on. Crazy Eddie is still going strong. Match was good solid opener. Crowd was firmly behind Eddie he's the Franchise Player at this point he's been in Impact since what 2014? Alexander held his own against Eddie and we got a competitive contest. Those chops were nasty and Eddie Hulk Hogan's his shirt cuz he don't give a shit. Ethan Page catching Eddies foot leads to a  Alexander with a Jackhammer with is a double leg into a roll up for the win.

I dug the Video Package for the TNA Special makes it feel like the return of something glorious which it is.

Page and Alexander are backstage Page cuts a promo on Tessa Blanchard a really good promo he heels it up and screams and yells and challenges Tessa to match tonight because she made the save for Eddie as The North was beating him up post match.

Kylie Rae vs Cassandra Golden - Kylie makes her singles debut tonight. Cassandra attacks Kylie from behind and tosses her around for a while. Kylie makes a comeback with a series of strikes. What an impressive debut for Kylie, Cassandra gave her some hassle but Kylie never stopped fighting. Miss Rae showed what she was working with in this. Kylie makes Cassandra tap in a crossface with a leg lock submission. Competitive Squash.

Jimmy Jacobs, ace reporter with an interview in a stairway, Kylie is super positive and announces she signed a long term contract with Impact. AEW's loss, Impact's gain.

They played the Steiner Math Promo which is awesome.

Moose has a cool entrance it's big time. Moose's robe looked like a million bucks. There was a guy in the crowd with a ROH Championship he brought an ROH belt to an Impact Show. Moose has been talking shit about TNA over the last however many weeks so Kid Kash interrupts him before he can really get started. Words get exchanged and a match is made.

Moose vs Kid Kash - Kash hit a lot of kicks but Moose won this pretty quickly with a summersault spear thing for the 3. That move was cool 

Jimmy Jacobs introduces a team of big boys, Acey Romero and Larry D are a tag team and they put themselves over these guys are hosses and a half. TJP and Fallah Bah show up with chicken, then TJP tell them get in line behind him and Fallah cuz they are gunning for the straps.

Jim Jacobs mediates an interview with Rich Swann via satellite, Rich got injured a couple months ago. Willie Mack is facing Ace Austin or was facing Austin at Rebellion so Ace shows up and starts talking shit to Rich trying to split up the team of rich and Willie. Rich doesn't buy into it for second and tells Ace to sit on it in so many words. Reno Scum attack Rich off camera and that's that. I thought it was a pretty cool segment.

There's a pull apart between Willie and Ace backstage as we come back from break. 

Sami Callihan's promo was really good. He throw a fireball in Ken Shamrocks face. Sami's a mad man. Sami isn't letting any legend come in and not earn their spot. This was really impassioned and full of fire. Sami ain't shock by Ken being the most dangerous man int he world cuz Sami is crazy as fuck. Tommy Dreamer comes out. Tommy takes exception with Sammy throwing a fireball in Kens face and jeopardizing his career. Tommy and Sami exchange words and Tommy ends up punching Sami and challenging him to a fight.

Sami Calighen vs Tommy Dreamer - This is an Old School Rules Match aka a street fight. There's plunder galore in this. They really go at it. There's chairs and baking sheets. This was fun, they beat the shit outta each other. Tommy and Sami take turns stabling each other in the arms and Tommy stables Sami in the balls. Tommy took a drop toe hold throat first into the top of a chair. that was gnarly looking. This went two segments they took their time beating each other up. Sami DVD'd Tommy throw two chairs and hit the Castus Special Piledriver for the 3.

Sami piles a bunch of chairs onto Tommys head and is about to hit a double stomp and Rhino makes the save but oVe runs out and gang jump Tommy and Rhino. Sami is an evil prick dude just nasty. Lights go out and come back on and Sami has disappear as Madman Fulton suffers from separation anxiety as the Crists look around confused. So who kidnapped Sami? Shamrock?

Rosemary cuts a promo from a bar in the Undead Realm. It was like a poem IDK it was cool. Undead Realm looks like a fun place to hangout.

There's a Su Yung video package, I'm a sucker for a good supernatural gimmick and this Undead Realm stuff with the mini movies and the melodramatic music it's like the best stuff they've been doing for a the past year.

Susie is back and that guy screams and runs away and she scares the shit out of the Deaners.

Cody Deaner vs Joey Ryan looks even sleazier in clothes than he did when he wore hardily any. Whose Schleeve Harvey? is he a wrestler? How was Joey slapping Cody in the face with his hat not result in a DQ? a hat is a foreign object. Cousin Jake poured beer down Joeys throat, Joey gets hit with a DDT and Cody Deaner picks up the 3. Match was alright, fine match. I know Joey RVD and Katey Forbes are doing a PC Police, Cancel Culture (that is the groups name sake) type gimmick but shouldn't Clean Cut Joey Ryan be winning? like talking all holler then though then cheating to win like he should have cheated to won against Deaner IDK maybe I'm just trying to play armchair booker.

Eddie thanks Tessa for the save and says he'll return the favor. Tessa tells him thanks but no thanks and I'm sure this will play into the match later tonight.

Elgin cuts a promo which seems to be from candle light. It's a cool looking ascetic with the lighting. Elgin cuts promos on both Eddie and Tessa they have a 3 way title match coming at some point down the road. Whenever Rebellion happens if it happens. 

Tessa Blanchard vs Ethan Page - This match got set up at the end of the opening match when Tessa made the save for Eddie. I like when the main event is built up throughout the show. Tessa holds her own in there with Page, she's tough. Men vs Women matches are tricky cuz theres a line and you want to be careful that it isn't just a men beating up a women but I felt like this match was two people having  a wrestling match this isn't a circus sideshow act or anything like that. Tessa can keep up with the men so she's wrestling the men. She's confident in her own abilities that she just goes out and wrestles she ain't nervous about wrestling a man. It's fun to watch Tessa have to hit everything plus the kitchen sink cuz she has the height and weight disadvantage, she's the underdog babyface Champion she just happens to be a girl. Alexander tries to cost Tessa the match and Eddie makes the save hitting him with a Boston Knee Party, Tessa hits Ethan Page with a double knee facebreaker known as the Magnum presumably named after her Step Father, Magnum TA. I enjoyed this match, ten minute TV main event it was pretty fun. 

Show ends with Elgin, Tessa and Eddie fighting each other.

I dig Impact it's a fun show. 

Edited by Web Conn
posted it before it was complete.
  • Like 1