DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2019-20: PERIOD 3

Super Ape

Man, fuckin’ Flye— wait.

They just shellacked the Capitals for their seventh win in a row?

And are one point away from first place in the Metropolitan Division?

And were just determined the betting favorite to win the Stanley Cup?!

...FUCKIN’ FLYERS~!!!!!

After getting skated to the face and taking 90 stitches to repair the damage, Johnny Boychuck apologized to people online for his delay in responding - "facial recognition wasn't working".  LOL.

• Haha 1

So the Red Wings are 15-53 this year with a high probability of finishing with less than the 17 wins they had in 1985-86 when Steve Yzerman missed over a third of the year and they finished with 40 points.  Gave up 415 (!) goals that year, including 10+ FIVE (!) times and 9 two other times.  That disaster netted them #1 overall pick Joe Murphy.  Anyway, how bad are the Red Wings this year?  In 30 of their games - that's 44% for you math geniuses - they've scored 0 or 1 goals.  30 games.  Ugh.

All I want is for Botts and Wretched Ralph to be fired out of a canon far far away from the city of Buffalo and never be within 500 miles of the city ever again.

23 hours ago, Oyaji said:

If you guys don't get the first pick that's a tough pill to swallow. 

We actually won't have the best odds thanks to Ottawa getting the first pick from San Jose.

I have already accepted we'll get bumped down to #4.

Among Detroit's first 16 wins this year were victories over Boston (twice), Edmonton, and Vegas.  They added to that with a win over Tampa yesterday.  First win over Tampa Bay in the regular season since November 2015.  They've actually played well the last couple games, playing with an urgency and edge that's been absent all year.  Lots of help from Tampa hitting 3 posts and Hedman & Stamkos being out, but a win is a win.  

I still want Jeff Blashill fired though.

Guest The Magnificent 7
On 3/7/2020 at 11:10 PM, sabremike said:

The Sabres have not won a game in regulation in the month of March since 2018. That is not a joke BTW.

Don’t worry they will win this game because I bet on the Caps. 

3 hours ago, The Magnificent 7 said:

Don’t worry they will win this game because I bet on the Caps. 

And we did... In a shootout so still no regulation wins in March since 2018. Make that money back by betting on the Bhoys to put the final nail in the coffin of the zombie huns on Sunday.

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

If that is accurate as we all assume, these will be the playoff matches:

Boston vs Columbus

Tampa Bay in 4 vs Toronto

Washington vs Carolina

Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh

Vegas vs Winnipeg

Edmonton vs Calgary

St. Louis vs Nashville

Colorado vs Dallas

One thing they should consider because of uneven # of games is either do standings via points per game or have WC2 play a one game playoff against the next best team.

Also they have told teams to start securing arena dates through July.

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Let's see what the Buffalo Sabres owners are up to. Oh. I see.

You have no idea just how glad I am that I dropped my season seat for next season. But as shitty as the Pegulas are here is the scary part: they made their money through energy/fracking and what is happening right now is killing the entire industry. There is a belief that they are having liquidity issues that are (even moreso than the collapse of the energy sector) the result of all the money they paid to buy the Bills.

• 3 weeks later...