DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/4/2020

Dolfan in NYC

53 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Just added: Swole vs. Leva Bates!!!  Showcasing the depth of the division tonight. With all due respect, has there been a worse match announced prior to any show in the short history of Dynamite?

Still stoked.

Also, Cabana and the SCU battle the Dark Order and Jake Hager vs. Cutie Marshall.

You might have answered your first question twice in the same post.

Just now, caley said:

You might have answered your first question twice in the same post.

I'd rather a Hager squash, assuming it's a squash, than a subpar competitive match with the likes of Dustin.  I love Cabana and the Dark Order and like the SCU, so very much looking forward to this 8 man battle!  I wanna laugh, i give you a laugh, but get out of here - neither are worse on paper than a stinky Leva Bates v greener than grass Swole.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I'd rather a Hager squash, assuming it's a squash, than a subpar competitive match with the likes of Dustin.  I love Cabana and the Dark Order and like the SCU, so very much looking forward to this 8 man battle!  I wanna laugh, i give you a laugh, but get out of here - neither are worse on paper than a stinky Leva Bates v greener than grass Swole.  

My appreciation of Cabana/Dark Order and SCU is probably a lot lower than yours (Although I actually really like Colt as a commentator) but concede that Leva-Swole is probably an all-timer (Current Kong vs either might be worse...).  I'm mostly kidding around, but this seems like  a really underwhelming post-PPV lineup.

Just now, caley said:

My appreciation of Cabana/Dark Order and SCU is probably a lot lower than yours (Although I actually really like Colt as a commentator) but concede that Leva-Swole is probably an all-timer (Current Kong vs either might be worse...).  I'm mostly kidding around, but this seems like  a really underwhelming post-PPV lineup.

I'm the opposite on Colton.  Not big on the commentary, big on the in-ring.  He's 'special'.  

I'm very into the Main Event tag.  Darby and Sammy are just shy of Orange Cassidy as the hottest commodities coming off the Revo PPV.  Also, very into the aforementioned 8 man - and assume we'll get a leader debut.  And hoping for some impressive Sid-like squashes from Archer and Hager.  Pac-Chuck Taylor intrigues me.  I can't be alone here.  I also suspect we'll get some story advancement from Page/Omega, maybe Bucks/debuting Hardy, and MJF-Nasty Neck... Tattoo.  I think this is gonna be another 'best yet'.   

In her rare matches that's exactly how she's been treated. 

Not the best lineup but the main event is a magnificent display of two teams with an established star paired with the future.

I'd be shocked if Casey isn't right about this being a relatively angle heavy show. 

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

In her rare matches that's exactly how she's been treated. 

Honestly, I can't remember any matches of hers besides the Fyter Fest match vs Allie. But that was so long ago and they've really settled people into roles, so I don't expect her to be getting that kind of time. 

She could easily just lift her opponent in the air then do the strike and cut out all the spinning. She could still call it the Dirty Dancing since the most famous thing in the is the Lift. 

Speaking of the Lift: You can find EC3 and Johnny Gargano doing the lift in AIW. 

Awesome show even with a lot of their top guys not wrestling. 

Loved the "I leave for 60 days" swerve. Fans all chanted Fozzy sucks thinking they were hip to what was going on, then Jericho flipping them off at the end of the show. Wonder if Vince will have something to say about Jericho using the phrase "lunatic fringe".

I also thought this started the build to Blood and Guts well. Whether they want them or not, Mox and Darby need allies. 

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 1

Hangman Page is quickly becoming one of their top names. I'm really curious as to how this plays out. He saves the Elite/Nightmare Family, but flips off Matt Jackson. But he doesn't like any of them anymore (or, well, just the Bucks maybe). Shades of grey, indeed.

178kfpthmrk41.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Awesome show, and I was right about it being an angle heavy show with squashes. But I mean, c'mon. Where the fuck was Lance Archer?

I was definitely disappointed there was no Lance Archer tonight.

5 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Awesome show even with a lot of their top guys not wrestling. 

Loved the "I leave for 60 days" swerve. Fans all chanted Fozzy sucks thinking they were hip to what was going on, then Jericho flipping them off at the end of the show.

Well, Fozzy does indeed suck.