DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/4/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I just got home from the show and it was a fucking blast. I'll give more details later, but Dark is Jurassic Expres vs Librarian and Sabian which was before the show, and Corrente (?) vs Jimmy Havoc after the show. We left to beat traffic as that started. I'm not sitting in a traffic jam for Jimmy Havoc. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

To piggy back off of @Johnny Sorrow, Dark next week is looking like:

* Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy vs. Kip Sabian & Peter Avalon

* Jimmy Havoc vs. Severino Corrente

* Hikaru Shida vs. Abadon

* Private Party vs. Sonny Kiss & Brandon Cutler.

Corrente & Abadon are local wrestlers in the Denver area I guess.

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Isn't that basically how Tully got fired from the WWF? I mean Jesus, how much coke do you have to be doing to get fired from the WWF in 1989?

On the Horseman DVD he said he did some coke right before he saw the sign for the drug test haha

This was definitely a cool down show or a who do we have left show, but all of the promos and most of the matches still delivered. Man, i hate the Dark Order and i really don't want Harper or whoever to get saddled with a bunch of geeks. It was cool to see Colt in front of so many people though.

It was also cool to see Chuck getting a Chuckie T chant.

What's up with Jake Roberts' head?

Loved the main event and seeing Allin go bananas. Hot tag to himself was awesome.

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

The point is that AEW advertised Archer's debut tonight and didn't deliver. Since that time they've deleted the tweets and announcement on his debut.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/lance-archer-to-make-debut-on-next-weeks-aew-dynamite/

It's fine if they wanted to hold it off and build it up more, but they were the ones who announced it for tonight. That's on them.

It's an.angle. They're going to keep announcing then delaying his debut until he finally comes out dancing to a disco song with a couple backup dancers. It worked so well for Brodus Clay....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Man what a turn around for Hangman. We were all complaining he wasn't ready to main event a PPV back in August. Now we're all pretty much in agreement that he's the most over thing on the whole show. Putting the beer on the post and not spilling a drop was god level. As was him flipping off Matt. I hope he's the final entrant in Wargames and just goes off. Imagine that building with 10k+ in the building coming unglued. Can't fucking wait. Give me that superman highspot where he kicks all 5 heel's asses, then beats the shit out of Matt too lol.

I had a real uneasy feeling when Jake first got out there. God damn was that a home run promo tho. That final line was fucking aces. I think Brodie fits with Jake a little better than Archer. Broodie can be that silent monster badass who just stares at the camera with his crazy eyes while Jake paints the picture for him. Archer is too chaotic and intense for Jake to be really effective. Cody's tattoo looks even dumber with a suit covering half of it. Ugh. lol

Darby with the hot tag to himself, fucking money. 

• Like 1

Damn...  I don't know where to begin.  They had a show with Hager vs. QT Marshall and Big Swole vs. Leva Bates and STILL fucking knocked it out of the park.  

Hangman Page is giving me total organic Stone Cold type vibes... he's been so awesome and tonight might have been the best.  The place was rockin after the Buckshot Lariat. 

• Like 4

Loved the show. 

I loved the "Beat both their asses". Is that to imply that its been the Bucks fucking with his titles?

Jakes promo was awesome.

Didnt like the two Inner Circle brawls ten minutes apart. Especially in the context of selling notWarGames.

You've got ten guys who hate each other so much that they need this horrific match to settle the score...but when they're back out there ten minutes later beating up some other guys, nah we're good.

Darby should have gone over at the end there. 

So, I definitely don't think this was a bad show, but it felt weaker than the last four or five episodes. And I guess I expected it to feel more like the start of a new chapter coming after the ppv.

Mostly, I guess I'm spoiled because I just expect them to put on a blow away great show every week.

Still, keep doing what they are doing with most of this stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Was anyone else wondering what was up with Jake's hair? I couldn't tell if one side was shaved like he just had some surgery.

You know what would take this to the next level? If Jake slowly descended into (further) madness and became Colonel Kurtz with his head fully shaved. Jake "The Snake" Roberts talking about inoculating children in 2020 would also be timely. Also, I want this:

"Cody, you're an errand boy...sent by grocery clerks.....to collect a bill."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Isn't that basically how Tully got fired from the WWF? I mean Jesus, how much coke do you have to be doing to get fired from the WWF in 1989?

That depends. If you just gave notice, the allowed level drops significantly.

• Haha 1

Remember when I was worried about there being a dearth of main event faces once Cody stipped himself out of future title shots against Jericho?  Looks like I owe both John Moxley and Hangman Page a pair of fruit baskets with signed apologies.

Holy fuck, was that eight man tag ever fun!  That Kicks / Stunner / German Suplex spot that Dark Order nearly killed Colt Cabana with was fucking metal.

DEATH TRIANGLE~!  FUCK YEAH~!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I think Darby v. Sammy should feud over a secondary title, then later feud over the world title. This is the kind of generational feud where they come together every now and again and it’s always super heated.

The upper mid-card could stand to have a Juniors title or something for Sammy and Darby to go to war over.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Was anyone else wondering what was up with Jake's hair? I couldn't tell if one side was shaved like he just had some surgery.

I asked this as well. It was distracting for me.