DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/4/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Death Triangle rules, real Dragon Gate feel to that combo, I dig it. And I got the Pac/Chuckie T match I asked for! 

Thought Darby looked great in the main but yeah, a bait and switch is kind of shitty. Hopefully we get that match next week. No Archer either which is less forgivable. No Exalted One either but it's hard to get worked up for that.

Great MJF promo. I was hoping for an MJF/Moxley match, I think they'd do well together.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Keep in mind AEW has no Wellness Policy, and that's straight from Meltzer. I doubt they have a concussion policy in place either. 

That's not what he technically said. He's said that he hasn't heard anything about them having one, and, that he'd have heard about it if they did...... ?

2 minutes ago, Mike Campbell said:

That's not what he technically said. He's said that he hasn't heard anything about them having one, and, that he'd have heard about it if they did...... ?

That sounds like they don't have one.

• Like 1

I can't wait for The Elite to stage an intervention for Page when his drinking gets really out of control. In fact, that could be used to set up his heel turn.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I can't wait for The Elite to stage an intervention for Page when his drinking gets really out of control. In fact, that could be used to set up his heel turn.

He’s surely 100% face moving forward now, right? They have to ride this. Let the Bucks turn heel with Kenny conflicted, until he ultimately does the “Arn on Kevin Sullivan at the Bash” bit to support Hangman and blow the roof off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

On one hand, as a concept I'm not sure I want to see an intervention for our budding top-guy bad-ass. 

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind it if it's as hilarious as Christopher's intervention from The Sopranos:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Campbell said:

It sounds like Dave is saying they probably don't have one, without actually saying that they don't have one. ?

Sounds like TNA's "we have a drug test policy, we drug test our wrestlers" and then wrestlers saying they never got drug tested in TNA.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Casey said:

El Triangulo de la Muerte would be their official name if anyone backstage is smart.

I thought the same thing, but I also hella like how it sounds in English.

25 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Jim Ross: Excalibur, tell us more about Elle Triggerangola della Morton.

And then, you immediately make me reconsider liking the name in Spanish.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's in the Wrestlers contracts that the company can test them with no notice. The company chooses not to bother testing them. It's the WCW policy, except without the firing 2 Cold Scorpio for smoking weed part.

• Sad 1

I'm fine without a drug policy. I'd prefer if they tested for hard drugs and PEDs but the concussion testing and protocol shouldn't be optional for any promotion in 2020, much less a national-size promotion. 

• Like 1

Loved this show! Jake the Snake! What an awesome surprise and an absolutely killer promo. Whoever his client is has got instant credibility and I'm hyped to find out, really great new path to Cody's next feud. Also great that after all that, Cody still came back later to help his friends despite already having his segment done. Another amazing  round of pops for Hangman. They perfectly brought things back around to Inner Circle vs the Elite like I was hoping for. so I'd guess Blood & Guts is Cody, Dustin and the Bucks with the fifth being Hangman if he's willing? Omega if he's not injured? Darby makes the most sense? Any combination should be awesome. Speaking of Darby, one hell of a performance in the main event had the whole crowd rocking. Love the self hot tag and the coffin drop onto the pile on the outside. 

JR's "Did you know Colt played college football" as soon as he shows up was classic. Solid 8 man. the Death Triangle is an awesome group.  Figured Jericho couldn't be leaving for 60 before Blood & Guts. I also thought for sure that Archer would take out Moxley in the end, sad he didn't show up at all but enjoyed the rest of the show enough for that not to drag it down. Plenty to look forward to here. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

It's in the Wrestlers contracts that the company can test them with no notice. The company chooses not to bother testing them. It's the WCW policy, except without the firing 2 Cold Scorpio for smoking weed part.

Isn't that basically how Tully got fired from the WWF? I mean Jesus, how much coke do you have to be doing to get fired from the WWF in 1989?

• Haha 2