DVDVR Message Board

Raw Loves Your Children More Than You - 3/2/2020

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

That IED is a real bitch. 

I know we are in a new era but man that gets the Owen voice? Dude punted Linda a few years ago and Beth’s been in how many Rumbles?

He punted Vince and Shane and has given Steph a RKO and DDT, but I don't think Linda ever took a RKO or punt from Orton. I think the last bump Linda took was her infamous Stone Cold Stunner bump.

I knew Heel Kairi vs Heel Shayna would go over like a lead balloon. They’ve had great matches in the past but no way the crowd was going to root for either. But I certainly didn’t expect “this is boring” chants. Yikes! 

Becky’s character has been insufferable for a while now so it’s good to see them fully embracing it. If this leads to a heel turn, all the better. 

I liked the whole Riott Squad deal but it’s obvious that I’m only one of the 5 people that still care. 

I hate the team acting as if Beth Phoenix is some helpless poor thing as if she didn’t dominate the women’s division once upon a time and was just recently busted open and still holding her own in the Rumble. Like come on. 

Man, everyone talks about Montez Ford's charisma making him a can't-miss star, but basically everything the Streets Profits have said or done since being called up has been really, really obnoxious. And it isn't supposed to be. Someone compared them to the New Day - I can't put my finger on the difference between the two groups, but it is vast. If what we've seen is the best Ford can do, I do not see it. 

• Thanks 1

I didn't watch the show but why is Becky acting like a heel when a couple weeks ago Shayna almost bit her ear off and was rather sympathetic.  I mean Shayna is definitely not face material.  I mean I guess they have to make her a face since her soon to be husband is the top heel

I hear talk about Orton vs Edge being main event at WM level and that would be absolutely true if history played no factor.  We have all seen Orton's WM angles where they are full of heat and anger and then the match happens and it is working on a rest hold for 5 minutes.  If this was 2004 where the juice was flowing maybe but not in this version of the WWE

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

Man, everyone talks about Montez Ford's charisma making him a can't-miss star, but basically everything the Streets Profits have said or done since being called up has been really, really obnoxious. And it isn't supposed to be. Someone compared them to the New Day - I can't put my finger on the difference between the two groups, but it is vast. If what we've seen is the best Ford can do, I do not see it. 

New Day are more likable, maybe? The few times I've watched Raw in the last year, I've been more impressed by Dawkins in their sketches. Montez needs to dial it down. Dawkins is a decent straight man.

Edited by brocklock

Ricochet is like one of those joke superheroes. He can join the Great Lakes Avengers, Kentucky chapter. His power set is "Athletic guy who can flip well." The Walrus will beat him up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

After tonight I'm assuming Ricochet is not planning to stick around. 

"What is the Irish superstar Rick O'Shea doing here in the Impact Zone?!"

(Yes, I know he'd probably end up in AEW, but I don't have a good AEW equivalent for this.)

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, brocklock said:

New Day are more likable, maybe? The few times I've watched Raw in the last year, I've been more impressed by Dawkins in their sketches. Montez needs to dial it down. Dawkins is a decent straight man.

Street Profits are still trying to recover from being the Statler and Waldorf Muppets characters for about 2 months.  And unfortunately even as more used wrestlers they are still doing that shit 

11 hours ago, Peck said:

That just screamed stretcher job. When I saw Beth sitting up as the show went off the air it pretty much ruined the effectiveness for me. 

Why would an RKO, a normal finishing move, require a stretcher?

I already can hear the “this fucking companies” if they wheeled Beth out on a stretcher after one RKO.

47 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

(Yes, I know he'd probably end up in AEW, but I don't have a good AEW equivalent for this.)

Eh, i don't think anything is a lock after the whole Marty thing. 

I'd lose my mind if he showed up in NJPW too challenge Hiromu.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gonzo said:

“The world champion’s ex-boyfriend just showed up in the impact zone!?” 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, D.Z said:

I want more of the giant robot spider.

Your contrarian troll gimmick is dumb. You wait to see where most of the board is headed and then say "I love this thing everyone dislikes".  It's not as bad as your women's photos gimmick but it's almost as bad.  

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Or he may actually like the robot spider. Just because you think its dumb doesn't mean he does or can't enjoy it.

If it was just that then sure.  But he's done this in multiple threads being the contrarian to whatever people end up bitching about.  Hate that Goldberg won the title?  Yep, he loved that shit.  Gets suspended for incessantly posting pics/gifs of women?  Yep, not long after he's back at it.  The guy trolls for the sake of it and it does get tiresome.

But to be fair I do like the puro pictures he puts up and the occasional Pokemon stuff in the video games threads.  So it's not that he's necessarily a bad guy, just somebody with a shtick you can easily see through.

• Thanks 1