DVDVR Message Board

Raw Loves Your Children More Than You - 3/2/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Profits vs. Murphy/Rollins and Rey/Humebrto vs. Almas/Garza were both quite good.

After tonight I'm assuming Ricochet is not planning to stick around. 

Rowan revealing a big ass spider as his pet was ok I guess.

Black vs. the OC did nothing for me.

Liv/Ruby with Sarah as the ref was a nice idea, but none of those poor women are over enough to make that segment/match work.

Kairi/Shayna was decent enough, but the crowd could not be bothered to give a damn.

The final segment with Beth and Randy was good though it probably should have ended after the RKO instead of going to the commentary team to reflect and whatnot.

15 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

That IED is a real bitch. 

I know we are in a new era but man that gets the Owen voice? Dude punted Linda a few years ago and Beth’s been in how many Rumbles?

It would be great if Steph gave her shit in the back for taking the Hanging DDT like she did. 

• Haha 1

Say what you want about Brock, he will not walk but run directly into a kick to the face to make it look good. 

I have mild arachnophobia but that spider was about on the level of the fake ones in The Beyond. At least try and spring for one of those real bird-snatching ones, unless it would really eat his hand or something. You know, looking at that picture, now he needs to wear it as a hat.

17 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Kairi/Shayna was decent enough, but the crowd could not be bothered to give a damn.

Yeah. TBH I forgot to pay attention myself after they came back from the break. Kairi's insane laughter is awesome though and we need more of that. 

21 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Yeah the Exalted One would have to be, I don’t know, Charlie Haas in order to not top that thing being a giant spider the whole time as a reveal.

Something something wild wild west 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Nah, this is Becky going full on Conor McGregor cosplay now.

Not sure what they do with Rollins & Friends. Rollins taking the US title and building to AOP leaving him followed by a Murphy turn seems to make sense but it's a long term story and now way are the planning that far ahead.

What's Ricochet's contract status? Is there a shake up coming because Heyman clearly can't save this guy anymore.

56 minutes ago, Eivion said:

After tonight I'm assuming Ricochet is not planning to stick around.

First, I'll say this. Only WWE would be stupid enough to job Ricochet clean to...fucking Riddick Moss of all people. And yeah, they can use the story that Ricochet was hurt from Blood Money 5: More Blood than Money, but it's Riddick Moss. Riddick Moss sucks. Ricochet should be a can't miss face of the company type of guy and they're doing the same old "will suchandsuch persevere?!" angle.

But second, what makes you think Ricochet won't stick around. At a minimum he's signed up to February 2021, but likely later than that. That's plenty of time for them to jedi mind trick him into stay and plenty of time for start/stop pushes to convince him to stay if he hasn't extended already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's worth repeating that jobbing Ricochet clean tonight is so fucking dumb. This company just can't have people continuously win. They have to job them out and give them a win or two and job them out and give them another win and everyone just treads water. It's so stupid.

Also, the thing in the cage was a stupid fucking robotic spider and the announcers had to sell it by saying, "I...I think it's real!" Fucking really? This is the most intelligence insulting bullshit.

What else happened? Well, let's see. Black lost, Ruby lost, but at least for one night Drew showed he wasn't an idiot and was ready to give Brock the Claymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

My god, this almost feels like one of those last straw kind of things, but how many times do they tell you that Ricochet is a superhero?

WHAT A SHITTY SUPERHERO.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I hate this company. It would be so fucking easy to make their dwindling 2.5 million core audience happy every week and maybe create some new viewers in the process. Instead they have to insult our intelligence with giant toy spiders or whatever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

First, I'll say this. Only WWE would be stupid enough to job Ricochet clean to...fucking Riddick Moss of all people. And yeah, they can use the story that Ricochet was hurt from Blood Money 5: More Blood than Money, but it's Riddick Moss. Riddick Moss sucks. Ricochet should be a can't miss face of the company type of guy and they're doing the same old "will suchandsuch persevere?!" angle.

But second, what makes you think Ricochet won't stick around. At a minimum he's signed up to February 2021, but likely later than that. That's plenty of time for them to jedi mind trick him into stay and plenty of time for start/stop pushes to convince him to stay if he hasn't extended already.

Moss is perfectly fine. Its just, as you mentioned, stupid to job Ricochet clean to the guy as Moss's ceiling is basically the 24/7 belt and as a tag wrestler. To be jobbed out like that and the recent Lesnar match from my understanding it just seems like something that would only happen if someone like Ricochet was asking for release or not re-signing.

Beyond that though I actually disagree about Ricochet being can't miss, especially as face of the company. As much as the main roster hasn't done him many favors Ricochet has kind of sucked bad whenever given the mic, and that seems to have little to do with WWE lines. I think that has hurt him a decent amount.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Also, the thing in the cage was a stupid fucking robotic spider and the announcers had to sell it by saying, "I...I think it's real!" Fucking really? This is the most intelligence insulting bullshit.

The Spider was dumb, but then again the whole cage thing was dumb. There was no good way out of of that unless they were willing to let Rowan handle a real animal which they were not. As dumb as it was I don't really think its something to get so angry about, especially since it was a minor mid card angle.

I still think it should have been a mirror in Rowan's bag (or a broken piece of mirror for that one time Rowan got bloodied by it) and they could have said that people screaming upon seeing it were seeing the blackness of their soul reflected back at them or some other such nonsense because it would have been dumb but not as dumb as a robo-spider.  Although I still think Hornswoggle would have been great, too: "Can someone please let me out?"  Have Rowan think he's an actual leprechaun like Charlie in that one episode of 'Always Sunny' and have him fly away on a rainbow, as well.

How dumb was it to book Shayna, a methodical heel, against a heel in her first big match on Raw?  It actually really felt like someone who doesn't like one or both wrestlers, putting them in a high profile match against each other with both playing heel so you can go "Well, see they shouldn't be on top, neither of them can get the crowd into the match?"

If they want to -and, truth be told, they probably don't- they could probably make Montez Ford and the Prophets basically a Raw New Day with Ford challenging for World Titles and Dawkins playing the Big E role of guy supporting his buddy and not turning on him.  Ford has so much charisma on the microphone, but almost like Rock-level charisma in the ring.  He just needs a really fun, non-top rope finisher.  He's really impressive.  Also, on that whole match, if they had properly explained it as "Street Prophets can never challenge Seth/Buddy for the tag titles again if they lose" rather than the underexplained "They can never wrestle for the tag titles again" it probably would have added another layer of suspense to the match.  Still, it felt like a big win, the crowd was hot, and there was that one balding old guy who was just givn' er dancing to the Street Prophets music and THAT was my favourite part of the night.

Edited by caley