DVDVR Message Board

(Also Not March Madness): SECRET SANTO March 2020

Matt D

I enjoy writing a bit each week, so I'm up for whatever, especially once the summer comes around and I have more time.

This, along with reading Dolfan's WM thread, has me kinda in the mood to do a small project this summer. 

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm up for it but honestly have no idea who the participants are (this is a big-time blind spot for me).  What match is it and if there's any background information that would be great as well.

Whoops, sorry bout that. It's Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Rusher Kimura. At the time Rusher was the main attraction of IWE (International Wrestling Enterprise), a Japanese promotion that ran from '66 to '80. They were the first to bring over Andre and held the first cage match in Japanese history. They also worked with both All Japan and New Japan, so this was a big-time matchup of two stars from their respective promotions. Rusher was a bit of a promotion-hopper with a total of seven different promotions worked in, but was mostly noted for working comedy matches in All Japan and finally NOAH where he retired. Back in the '70s though, he was a badass old school wrestler who wasn't afraid to bleed (just look at his forehead) and he's coming in with that reputation here. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Whoops, sorry bout that. It's Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Rusher Kimura. At the time Rusher was the main attraction of IWE (International Wrestling Enterprise), a Japanese promotion that ran from '66 to '80. They were the first to bring over Andre and held the first cage match in Japanese history. They also worked with both All Japan and New Japan, so this was a big-time matchup of two stars from their respective promotions. Rusher was a bit of a promotion-hopper with a total of seven different promotions worked in, but was mostly noted for working comedy matches in All Japan and finally NOAH where he retired. Back in the '70s though, he was a badass old school wrestler who wasn't afraid to bleed (just look at his forehead) and he's coming in with that reputation here. 

Thanks for that.  In that case I'm up for reviewing it.  This helps a lot as I've never seen a match from either guy and the description sounds like I'm in for a treat.

You've never watched any Jumbo? Damn. You should probably watch these two first then. 

The Rusher match is very '70s style. These two matches are old and surly Jumbo, who is a force of nature. They also have the great story of the young upstart vs. the wily veteran. 

• Thanks 1

@Matt D and @Curt McGirt, want to make it a three way dance. I’ll add France+Gypsy to my watch list if you guys watch Seven Man Cage Match for the name Los Infernales

Explanation because it’s tricky: 4 vs 3. No escape for the first 10 minutes. Last 2 people in it becomes a regular match. Loser of that unmasks or shaves their head. 

• Like 1

Seven-Man Cage Match for Control of Infernales Name

There was so much going on in this one I feel like I should watch it a second time. The rules are convoluted but it doesn't really detract from the enjoyment of the match, you just wait for people to climb out and they have some interesting ways of doing that, like being catapulted up the cage and climbing on top of other people to get a height advantage. They whop up on each other pretty good too. Satanico is always throwing heavy leather and there's one part where the cameras flit between each other while watching separate beatings that is really cool. Probably the funniest part is the rudo four locking arms and bouncing around one of their fallen enemies, then trying to climb out of the cage all at once until pyro blows up outside around them making them drop off the cage. It was a kind of FMW explosion effect that would have been cooler if the pyro was right in front of each guy, but I guess they judged that as too unsafe. The second time it happens is kind of lame because the two blasts are off on the opposite side of the guys trying to escape. Another funny part is it finally coming down to Satanico and Mascara Magica (Averno falls to the floor covered in blood and I didn't even see how that happened), both guys immediately try to leave and the ref has to climb up and stop them! It's like they legit forgot the rules. Anyway, Satanico finally wins with a tricky pretzel-like lucha hold that pins Magica to the mat and the pop for the three is ENORMOUS. He's so elated he goes over and headbangs the turnbuckle and everyone freaks out and parties. Magica unmasks and immediately beats feet to the back with his head down like a sore loser. Fun match! 

• Like 2

Oh yeah, there's another funny part. One of the guys leaving (I think it's Bucanero or Ultimo) gets to the top and celebrates for a minute, but then as soon as he tries to get down it's like he gets vertigo and can't get his bearings or footing or something, so he slooooowllllllllyyyyyyy climbs down the cage as the camera kind of stares at him with this inquisitive eye, wondering why he doesn't just drop.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Seven-Man Cage Match for Control of Infernales Name

There was so much going on in this one I feel like I should watch it a second time. The rules are convoluted but it doesn't really detract from the enjoyment of the match, you just wait for people to climb out and they have some interesting ways of doing that, like being catapulted up the cage and climbing on top of other people to get a height advantage. They whop up on each other pretty good too. Satanico is always throwing heavy leather and there's one part where the cameras flit between each other while watching separate beatings that is really cool. Probably the funniest part is the rudo four locking arms and bouncing around one of their fallen enemies, then trying to climb out of the cage all at once until pyro blows up outside around them making them drop off the cage. It was a kind of FMW explosion effect that would have been cooler if the pyro was right in front of each guy, but I guess they judged that as too unsafe. The second time it happens is kind of lame because the two blasts are off on the opposite side of the guys trying to escape. Another funny part is it finally coming down to Satanico and Mascara Magica (Averno falls to the floor covered in blood and I didn't even see how that happened), both guys immediately try to leave and the ref has to climb up and stop them! It's like they legit forgot the rules. Anyway, Satanico finally wins with a tricky pretzel-like lucha hold that pins Magica to the mat and the pop for the three is ENORMOUS. He's so elated he goes over and headbangs the turnbuckle and everyone freaks out and parties. Magica unmasks and immediately beats feet to the back with his head down like a sore loser. Fun match! 

Very convoluted. I was so confuse the first time I watched it. But all in all, such a fun over the top melee. Goofy moments and botchy moments, I smiled the whole time. 

I loved how much of a hero Satanico comes across. He can escape and leave his friend, but he turns around and pushes his buddy over the top. 

Edited by OctopusCinema
  • Like 1

Jacky Montalier vs La Bete Humaine

Ladies and gentlemen, there is a monster among us. Large insect eyes, animal skin poncho, barefoot, a true sight to behold as he bounces up and down on the top rope. A mere mortal, boy named Jacky, will attempt to take on this beast. You’ll need more than wrestling moves. Hopefully, with a little luck, the resiliency of the man will be enough to conquer this foe.

By the way things start out, it doesn’t look like it’ll be enough. The first portion of the match is played out to establish the character of the Beast. Very in orthodox movements throughout. Wild overhand and side arm clubs, slinging the ref around, and not selling Jacky’s attempts at aggressive strikes. Montalier gets minimal success with a wrestling takedown and hold, however La Bete Humaine manages to pull at Jacky’s jaw and power his (or it’s) way out of the hold. European uppercuts do not phase the Beast.

We see a turning point in the match when Jacky is choked over the top turnbuckle and falls out of the ring. The ref does what he can to call for order but is viciously stripped of his shirt and thrown over the top rope, getting caught up and strangled by the ropes themselves. This is the moment we see Jacky start to bring the heat. Although his strikes still are not enough, his wrestling holds aggression manages to take down the Beast several times. The action becomes much more of a back and forth affair with Jacky’s determination unending and The Beast’s strength endless. In a few spots in the match, Montalier tries a series of dropkicks that are unsuccessful. Beast floors him with his own. Meanwhile, the poor ref is shirtless most of the match until someone gives him a pity T.

The endgame starts around when Le Bete Humaine is choking Jacky against the ropes and the ref jumps on top of the Beast to get him off. Jacky and the ref end up getting thrown out of the ring. Montalier comes with a little more heat and gets Le Bete Humaine to start lightly selling his European Uppercuts. It is not enough. After attempted moves and reversals, the Beast just manhandles Jacky with a series of bodyslams. A defenseless Jacky gets folded in half and held down past the count. 

Monster 1. Humanity 0.

Atlantis & Satanico vs Tierra, Viento y Fuego & MS1

I’ll be open with my ignorance here. When I started the match I had to stop. Reading the title, I assumed it was either a 3 vs 2 or a 4 vs 2. I saw a coma and a y and assumed it was seperating people. I knew MS1, so maybe the / was indicating that he was also going by Fuego. So I googled to see his other aliases and remained confused. After a few other google variations I get Earth Wind and Fire concert videos. I go to cagematch and off of the date I then realize Tierra, Viento y Fuego is one guy. Woof.

I won’t do a full match play by play, but will say how much I enjoyed this. It’s not really a match where a move by move analysis would work. So many little things that come across well. This is my second MS1 match and I’ve been meaning to watch Atlantis. The reason it hit me was that Satanico has become one of my favorites I’ve been watching more of this year. I just love the way he moves. How he occasionally kicks his legs when he punches, busts shoulders first into the turnbuckle and somehow gracefully lands on his back, stumbles around groggy after a whopping. He does this moment where he’s all bloody laying in the corner and Atlantis is checking up on him and in the moment he snaps his head away from him like he’s waked up and ready to fight. There are very few workers where you can watch him anywhere in or around the ring and each step or look is done so uniquely well (Terry Funk is another).

Such a great Rudos v Technicos dynamic. Heels bumrush at the beginning. Every opportunity they get to sneak attack the good guys from behind, they quickly take. Bad guys get the first fall.

The second and third fall is more back and forth. There is a memorable moment when Satanico is fighting off both men. Swinging with all of his strength and is too outnumbered. Right when he falls Atlantis flies in. They made a really fun team to cheer for. 

It all flowed together for me. I want to watch it again and probably will tomorrow. I think I’ll wait to watch the next Lucha match you posted until another day or two so I don’t unfairly compare.

I’ll also try to do the Jumbo v Rusher Battle tomorrow. If not tomorrow, then Wednesday.

———

@gordi , I’m going to be adding that All Japan 6-man with Andre you posted a few weeks back to my watchlist. Heck of a lineup that is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My old review of that match mentioned the Satanico reaction in the corner as well. I have to go back and watch both of those matches because I haven't seen them since finishing the lucha set. From my notes they would have been top five or at least top ten, if I had ever gotten around to making a fully ranked list. 

• Like 1

I don't want to go and check Cagematch in case it isn't so... but I get some pleasure out of imagining that Tierra, Viento y Fuego got a big win early in his career on September 21st and he always talks about it backstage.

EDIT: Well, I had a wee look, and it turns out that, no fooling, he lost his mask on September 22, 1989. So, yeah, the 21st night of September was important to him, as it was the last night he was able to wear his mask. ?

2nd EDIT: And, that particular apuestas match was either the exact one you reviewed, or at least part of the same feud!

Edited by gordi
  • Like 2

Kimura vs Gypsy Joe

70s Kimura is always interesting to watch because you see the sumo influence. He's a center of gravity able to hold the center of the ring and bully people around this way or that. Joe is the infinite journeyman of professional wrestling, and to his mild credit, he gave the match a whole six minutes of trying to solve the thought experiment of Kimura (first through wrestling, then through jabs and chops, and finally through cheapshots to the eyes), before admitting to himself that none of it was going to work and pulling out the spike.

That unlocks the cage as a weapon for him and from there, it becomes bloody and viscerally alarming for the crowd and wrestlers at ringside. Joe is relentless, tackling the wound, trapping Kimura between the ropes and the cage, peppering in nasty gut shots when he can, and all the while you feel the tension building and building. Wrestling done right is all about the building of that tension and the ultimate release. Kimura swings wildly, kicks his feet against the mat to try to show the crowd he's still alive, but Joe was known for his kneedrop off the top and hits it here, which allows him the time to dismantle the ring itself and use it as a weapon. 

All of that leads to the moment of release. Joe overshoots, literally, going up to the top of the cage and losing control. It's Kimura's turn now, with the weapon, with the cage, with the ring, and he's sure to appeal to the crowd at first and then now and again before enacting brutal, bloody, violent vengeance. Ultimately though, he takes it back into his own realm, throwing a few suplexes and taking the pin and the count for the win. Joe keeps his heat by jumping back up after the count and threatening the ref, and then trying to grab the mic in the post match, but at the end of the day, it's Kimura with the adulation of the crowd and the giant trophy.

• Like 3

That fall off the top is the only note of absurdity in the whole thing, because it isn't like he misses... anything, really. It's like he just goes up and does a rolling senton to nothing, not even aiming for Rusher. It is a really ridiculously huge bump for the time though, and I have no doubt the IWE ring was probably hard as concrete. 

Another cool thing about this one is the cage, which looks all gnarly and pre-used, like they take the same old mangled chainlink from the first ever match, roll it up and put it in a warehouse then truck it out again without ever changing it. If you look close there might be old bloodstains on it. IWE was known for their cage matches to the point that they ended up getting banned from television at some point in the 70's by Japan's TBS network. You can find ones online with guys like Jos Leduc, Ox Baker, etc. The match I was originally trying to post with this one was actually Joe vs. Mighty Inoue off one of the Schneider comps. As I recall Phil wrote that it reminded him of Mean Streets, just a gritty '70s piece. That's the feeling I was going for and this match definitely has that.

I completely bought him just overdoing it because it was something so crazy for the time and losing his footing.

Re: the lucha cage match. I haven't watched again yet but I did review this on SC five years ago this week after watching a lot of the tags that led up to this. It'll be interesting to see if I feel differently now.

This one's obviously not on the comp since it's not a straight up tag match but it's such a key moment in the feud, really the blow off in a lot of ways, that I'm glad we have it online, albeit with slightly poor VQ. This was it, the battle over the name, with everyone's masks and hair on the line on the biggest stage of the year.

I don't know if this was a one match show because I don't have enough context but the match second to the top was an atomicos [Wagner, Fuerza, Juventud, and Universo vs Black Tiger III(Silver King), Lizmark, Jr., Casas, and Villano IV] which has a couple of interesting names but doesn't seem a huge draw to me. There was a Mexican Trios title match as well but everything seemed stacked for the main event. I don't see an easy to find attendance number for this so I have no idea how it drew, but my guess is "pretty well."

A few brief notes on Magica Mascara here, since he's the one who's going to end up losing this thing. He's the second guy to have the gimmick. The first, obviously, was Eddy, and him unmasking willingly on TV to claim his birthright was a coming of age for him. You'd think that would make the gimmick radioactive, but whatever. The guy playing it here was Talisman's kid, which you think would have been a good gimmick for him but he lost THAT mask relatively early in his career. He was in GdI to cover for Tarzan Boy when he was injured and he doesn't all that much longer in the stable after this match. He did keep using the name Magica Mascara, which was sort of ballsy on some level, given, you know, the lack of a mask. I have no idea if they promoted he was Talisman's son while wearing the mask.

So, this isn't your standard lucha cage match. I've only seen a few, mind you, but the general idea is that the "escape rules" actually mean something since those who don't make it out end up fighting for their life (well, their mask or hair, but those things MEAN something). One thing I stress again and again, even if not necessarily in these words, is that understanding lucha isn't about understanding the rules (that the last two in the ring have a one fall apuesta match or that they can only leave after X amount of minutes when the whistle blows, or that you only have to straddle the cage to get out, not get all the way to the floor) but the narrative elements, the stories being told, the way they tell them. Understanding wrestling isn't about knowing what a pile driver is called, but what a pile driver means in the context of the match. That to me, is the biggest mistake for people who introduce lucha to others.

So you have the extreme desire to escape here, but it's also combined with both the blood feud element of Infernales vs Infernales and the fact they're fighting over the name. It's not every man for himself. It's a four-on-three war and that gives it all a bit more substance than the average cage match. A little more focus too which was good because the VQ is kind of rough and there's a lot of chaos in the ring. They have a habit of switching camera angles at the worst times, too. Sometimes I'll get Mephisto and Averno confused, and I had to double back three times to figure out how Ultimo Guerrero got out at the end for instance.

That said, it was a really well put together cage match. By its nature, there couldn't just be guys brawling about. Maybe if it was 3 vs 3 they could have done that but this had to be more structured and the match lived and died not on its violence but on its transitions, on the momentum flows. I've seen tons of standard trios that were put together with less care and thought than this, despite its chaotic nature.

So, let's talk about the transitions. The story for the first part of the match was going to be the numbers game. I'm not sure why Satanico agreed to a four-on-three match with such high stakes, but it made his group the favorites for the Annivesario crowd. It also meant that GdI got off to an early advantage after just a bit of brawling. They hit a double kick on Satanico, the double choke drop on Averno and then a triple dropkick on Mephisto after a huge facebuster. Then we get transition #1. All of them tried to climb out at once, but it wasn't time yet so the explosions went off and they all fell off the cage. This let the Infernales take over, and they were awesome in this, outnumbered but using their momentary advantage to pick off GdI with shoulder blocks and nasty chops, really just stalking them. Then, they tried to climb out and got blown up as well. Everyone ended up on the ground (and Satanico laid in these great headbutts from that position, but that's neither here nor there).

Finally, the whistle went off so that's the end to the explosions. I'll admit I bought GdI's attempt to get out more than Los Infernales' attempt since they'd just seen what had happened to their opponents when they tried but it was the heat of the moment and that whistle might be easy to miss. The numbers game came back into play pretty quickly, and GdI took back over. This lasted for a minute or two before Tarzan Boy used it to basically kick and stomp his way over everyone's heads in the corner and get out. Thus came into play the endless problem of tag team cage matches with escape rules. By leaving, he theoretically "scored a point" for his team as now they only had to get three guys out instead of four, but he also sacrificed the numerical advantage for them. Since this match had additional stakes, it also had additional nuances. He left to protect his hair, and while he tried to encourage his partners on, the name was on the line too and they were more than a little furious at him. In fact, in the fit of them arguing from both sides of the cage, Los Infernales were able to recover and attack from behind, leading to another transition. GdI shrugged off headlocks into a triple charge, taking the momentum back but almost immediately thereafter, they did the alley oop body splash spot, with Rey landing on Mephisto but then immediately climbing over.

Now it was three on two and for the first time in the match, Los Infernales (very much due to how successful their opponents had been) had the numbers advantage. Ultimo Guerrero and Mascara Magica, realizing it, immediately rushed to get out of the cage but they were caught and pounded upon for a few minutes until UG was able to duck a double dropkick as Satanico was holding him, thus shifting the momentum again as GdI fought like hell against the odds. This was pretty brutal with heads going into cage, a tree of woe being utilized, and the senton de la muerte in the corner on Averno. When they tried to climb up and out, however, everyone ended on top of each other and Mephisto was the one to ultimately make it out.

That made it two on two and GdI immediately tried to swing the odds in their favor by rushing to the attack and tying Averno's mask to the top rope. Satanico took a bit of a beating but then came back in another momentum shift, with the crowd hugely behind him, hitting a slew of hangman's noose clotheslines and starting the process to untie Averno, who really played it up when he did get free. Satanico was really great here, punching and headbutting away. More than that, though, his character work was really solid. He had the most invested in the Infernales name and there was something almost fatherly in how he protected Averno, first by untying him but then, after he and Ultimo Guerrero hit big tandem moves (UG with a chokeslam on Averno and Satanico with a goardbuster on Magica), he let Ultimo Guerrero escape (this is where I had camera angle issues) but instead of escaping himself, rushed back in to make sure that Magica didn't make it out. He kept Magica contained so that Averno could make it out, leaving him in there vulnerable to losing his hair but in control of the fate of the Infernales name.

The match that followed was short but heated. Magica belonged in this match as much as Averno or Mephisto certainly. There was a real sense of stakes to this. Everything felt big and important and it was very much rudo vs rudo with Magica trying to win with his feet on the ropes multiple times. In the end, though, Satanico locked in the Satan's Knot, criss-crossing the arms and leaning forward to make a pin out of it, and he won the match, the name, and Mascara Magica's mask. He was elated. The fans were elated. The woman (his wife?) that he gave the mask to ultimately was elated. Magica removed his mask and stormed out of the ring, but tried to put on a strong face afterwards. It was a satisfying end to the feud and while gimmicky and lacking in blood, felt big enough to be the feud ender.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This holds up pretty well. Obviously more so if you know the backstory. It's a bit of a cop out having Magica in there at all let alone him being the one to lose the mask, but whatever. Tarzan Boy was at least hatable. I really like the parallels and callbacks in this. GdI were absolute punks at this point. It's funny how it all turned out with Ultimo Guerrero basically like Corporate Triple H, but at this point, the beginning was played perfectly, with them holding the cage and beating on Satanico. That led to the initial beatdown on the New Infernales where they got to hit a bunch of their tricked out tandem stuff and the early cage climbing, again completely believable that they just wouldn't listen to the rules or they thought they'd be fast enough to escape, etc. The folly of youth. Then Satanico gets to direct violent traffic which is what he's best at and his team gets to shine. Then they screw up my extrapolation by climbing up the cage too, get electrocuted/blown up and it becomes much more of an even brawl. The Bucanero escape on the alley oop (and Ultimo trying the same on his senton de la muerte later only to get cut off) is good stuff, but it's always better in every man for himself cage matches where a rudo does something like that to betray someone he'd been working with. The team dynamics in cage matches never works. It doesn't work in Steiners vs Money Inc and it doesn't work here. Yes, everyone had something on the line but they successfully managed a 4 on 3 beating to start the match. It's stupid GdI doesn't press the numbers game so they can continue to press the advantage. Later on, they fall into a 2 on 3 trap. To Mascara's credit (or, you know, Satanico's credit), the one-on-one towards the end still has emotion and suspense behind it. That's true of almost any apuestas match but especially if the guy with the hair is going to beat the guy with the mask, because there's so much more on the line for the latter. I love the crowd pop for Satan's Knot even before the pin because they just know. 

• Like 2

Jacky Montalier vs La Bete Humaine

LA BETE HUMAINE is wearing a wolf pelt (or something) and a freaky mask with a mohawk. For being a Beast, Jacky (or is it Jaky, like on the back of his robe?) is actually taller than him. The Beast apparently doesn't believe in being snapmared but does believe in highspots as he immediately hits a couple dropkick and a rana and some snapmares of his own. Two other things he doesn't believe in is selling for forearms or in referees as he rips the ref's shirt off (!) and tosses him into the ropes where he does the Cactus Jack hanging-by-his-neck (!!!) which thankfully doesn't cost the guy an ear. Jaky mostly tries to control with armholds, headlocks, a Full Nelson, but la Bete just tosses him around and refuses to sell. Bruiser Brody then decides to get him in a Cobra Clutch variation and they struggle awhile. The ref gets involved again when Meng decides to headlock Jaky and scrape him across the ropes, but Road Warrior Hawk tosses him off his very back over the ropes. They fight a little while longer after the ref finds a shirt, exchange some dropkicks and ranas, and Jaky finally tries his own rana where Takaiwa stuffs him down to the mat for the pinfall. Then he tosses the ref AGAIN for good measure! Poor dude worked harder than the two actual wrestlers. This was a thumbs-down from me, you no sell you go away. The work was fine and everything but invulnerable monster heels can suck my ass. 

• Like 1

Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki vs Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada AJW 11 26 1992

ARGH, I know the theme song for the (pre-)Oz team but can't place it. Was it Kansai's or Ozaki's? 

Yo waitaminute. Fuck, this thing is 50 MINUTES LONG? Okay, can't do PBP for this one, so I'll just give my general impressions afterwards. And probably forget to mention a lot of stuff. 

Ah, so this is 2/3 falls. So the first fall is worked a million miles an hour with all four of them just kicking the everloving shit out of each other. Every Yamada kick, every Manami dropkick (that always lands her on the back of her head), every attack from all four is just vicious. Kansai takes the duke with an incredibly vicious powerbomb that folds Manami all the way up -- which considering her limberness, is a lot. Oz also gets hit with a back suplex in this that made me cringe.

Segunda caida is pretty short because Yamada comes in and just goes hogwild with back suplexes on Dynamite. She hits -- I am not joking -- about 10-15 of them, a flying kick off the top, and finally the Gory Bomb that somebody will tell me the Joshi name of for the pin. 

Third fall! And this looks to be The Stretching Fall, where each of them take turns trying to tear each other's ligaments apart, while periodically throwing each other outside to be beaten with chairs. This primarily is focused on Yamada. Eventually she fires back after Dynamite takes to kicking by saying "so we're going there again huh" and promptly trying to kick her head completely off her shoulders and into the third row. We switch over to Oz and Toyota and it's suplex time again. That doesn't last long because they are so pissed at each other that they all go out and start pummeling and tossing each other about in the crowd and at ringside. They suplex some more, there's a Rolling Cradle from Manami, a highspot train, and finally Manami manages to hit a straightjacket German that I personally think Oz rolled out of at 2.999999 but was counted for the three. Building explodes. Yamada gets on the mic and says "We sure kicked your asses!", throws the mic at Kansai who says "Anytime, anywhere, bitch!" Or something to that extent. 

This was like a really long, really fast BattlARTS tag. I fucking loved it. Yamada has to be my new favorite kicker in puroresu history. And hey, Manami didn't bug me at all! Give me these four again, and again, and again, and I will watch it. 

• Thanks 1