DVDVR Message Board

UFC 248: Adesanya vs. Romero (3/7/2020) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Just got back from watching West Side Story in the movie theater and I'm ready to watch some men and women punch motherfuckers in the FAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

• Like 2

Meerschaert/Winn were the chippiest at the Weigh-Ins so I was interested in how that was going to play out. Winn is probably going to watch this back with a little regret.

Yay, Meerschaert win and no judges needed. Love that guy somehow being a pretty good gatekeeper type despite not being an elite athlete or being particularly good defensively. Looks so lazy but he's pretty smart and has just enough skill to pull some wins out.

Poor Rodolfo had the toughest easy win in the history of the UFC. Only needed one takedown but still ended up looking like he went fifteen rounds with Marvin Hagler.

• Like 1

Little anecdote I heard during weigh in's yesterday that I think only us rasslin' fans would appreciate:

The guy said he was talking to "AEW Star" Jeff Cobb and mentioned Yoel Romero was fighting. Jeff Cobb said he did some wrestling training with Yoel a while back, but Cobb doesn't keep up with MMA. 

Jeff Cobb said "So he's fighting for the HEAVYWEIGHT title?"

Guy: "No no no... he's at 185"

Jeff Cobb: "How is that possible?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

More importantly, how does Joanna beat Weili? Zhang's striking is probably just about as technical, but with way more power and ferocity. A counter punch to use that against her? But Joanna's not a counter puncher by trade, is she? She likes to set the tempo and to fight off the front foot. I don't think Weili will allow that to happen. Weili's a significantly better athlete than Boogey Womahn too. I hope I'm not wrong but I see domination for the champ. 

51 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

More importantly, how does Joanna beat Weili? Zhang's striking is probably just about as technical, but with way more power and ferocity. A counter punch to use that against her? But Joanna's not a counter puncher by trade, is she? She likes to set the tempo and to fight off the front foot. I don't think Weili will allow that to happen. Weili's a significantly better athlete than Boogey Womahn too. I hope I'm not wrong but I see domination for the champ. 

I feel like Weili is more dangerous when she's up close(she likes elbows) so Joanna might be hoping to keep her at a distance with those long front kicks and take it to 5 for a decision.

• Like 1

Not sure what's going to go down with this Joanna fight. Could be great. Could be a nasty loss. I feel like she's got one foot out the door already, but she's brought the psycho this week so who knows.