DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah okay Limp Bizkit let's pretend your opinions aren't garbage

Seriously thought I don't like the slow gameplay and overreliance on 85000 different grapple position timings.
And it sucks at recreating anything in Jr. or lucha style, which is what got me into Firepro in the first place (The AKI games suck at this too sadly)

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Yeah okay Limp Bizkit let's pretend your opinions aren't garbage

Seriously thought I don't like the slow gameplay and overreliance on 85000 different grapple position timings.
And it sucks at recreating anything in Jr. or lucha style, which is what got me into Firepro in the first place (The AKI games suck at this too sadly)

Well, if you’re pretending to recreate that eras more grounded Jr. style then you could stomach it.? I love the different positions for more options. The more chances to not feel like I’m spamming a move because I inserted a strong grapple so soon the better. Also every match in that game knows when it’s time to wrap that shit up. If me, and the cpu hit a finisher too soon in Fire Pro the match ends up taking 40 minutes of game time to end. The fucking spirits of@MORELOCK, and @Spunksometimes pops into my sessions and tells me these Fire Pro matches are shit yardtard indierific 2.9 fests.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Eh the Hardys came in as themselves. Their hot gimmick was not available to due to legal battles with TNA. When they finally got back said gimmick WWE used it. It mostly died because Matt needed to heal from inuries.

His first match as Woken Matt, he lost to Bray in 5 minutes on Raw. Then they feud, become a team, get pushed for a few months before losing 6 straight weeks to The B Team, then Matt took time off to heal. The booking before then was still pretty awful.

I think Impact is the best choice for Matt to have the creative freedom he talked about, but I'd enjoy him in AEW as well if he does go there.

King of Colosseum 1 and 2 really are not good. It's like what you would get if someone made a PowerPoint presentation into a wrestling game.

I'm still bummed we never got another wrestling game from AKI after the first Def Jam game. That thing had the speed to pull off faster matches.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

King of Colosseum 1 and 2 really are not good. It's like what you would get if someone made a PowerPoint presentation into a wrestling game.

I'm still bummed we never got another wrestling game from AKI after the first Def Jam game. That thing had the speed to pull off faster matches.

We didn't get one, but we got two AKI wrestling games after that.  Check out Kinnikuman/Ultimate Muscle.  GameCube and PS2.  PS2 one is called Galactic Wrestling.  They're fun and faaaassssttt

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

We didn't get one, but we got two AKI wrestling games after that.  Check out Kinnikuman/Ultimate Muscle.  GameCube and PS2.  PS2 one is called Galactic Wrestling.  They're fun and faaaassssttt

Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix Max 2 is the last “Wrestling” game they made, but be warned, it’s really a fighter. Think Saturday Night Slam Masters, and Giant Gram. If it came out in the online era it would’ve had a devoted niche following that it would’ve deserved.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

I know what you really want. I know what boys like, nyah nyah nyah nyah-nyah.

s-l640.jpg

I recently valuated my video game collection (TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS JESUS FUCKING CHRIST) and this little beauty has tripled in price the last three years, probably cause it's a brilliant mashup of the AKI engine and the ability to do awesome/stupid anime bullshit. If there was ever a game built for Kenny-ism, it's this.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AxB said:

Like Giant Gram 2000? Front Grapple, Side Grapple, Back Grapple?

Not really, think of when you sat people up for chin locks in AKI games, but with more variety. The game is more closer to the Fire Pro games. The big difference you have to do is manually grapple, and then go into a grapple timing, like in Fire Pro to execute moves. It sounds complicated, but it becomes natural quickly.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

38 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Yeah, i forgot about Ultimate Muscle. A few of us had that on Gamecube. 6 to 8 of us would get together on Sundays and play Fire Pro, Here Comes the Pain, and Ultimate Muscle. Ultimate Muscle was a real fun time and WWE All Stars felt kind of like a spiritual successor to it.

29 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I know what you really want. I know what boys like, nyah nyah nyah nyah-nyah.

s-l640.jpg

I recently valuated my video game collection (TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS JESUS FUCKING CHRIST) and this little beauty has tripled in price the last three years, probably cause it's a brilliant mashup of the AKI engine and the ability to do awesome/stupid anime bullshit. If there was ever a game built for Kenny-ism, it's this.

Damnit. I don't even want to look up the value for this. I have 2 GC games now and that's Day of Reckoning 2 and something else, i forget what. This was one of the games I traded in though.

Edited by Craig H

Brother @BobbyWhiouxmentioned Kairi's contract expiring in April. Yes, fauntasy booking signings is lame and I'd consider it far likelier her returning to Stardom as a big money signing and show of intent but fuck would she be absolutely perfect to carry the division. Great bell to bell and a really good character worker to boot (even though her heel person is more adorable than evil). I'd go all out to sign her long term. She'd take so much pressure off of the women who still need a lot of time to develop their craft. While she'd not be a panacea, signing her would be a significant step in shoring up AEW's glaring weakness. They'd still probably need 2 or 3 more high quality workers to turn things around but it'd be a great start. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Heard of GW a couple times but never got around to checking it out.  I'm kicking myself because while frantically searching one day for Ultimate Muscle it dawned on me that I may have traded that in like an idiot years ago.  I'm still looking though because I'm not sure if I can justify buying it online.  But hot damn did I love that game.  Heck, if they did the AEW game like that it would oddly make sense and I wouldn't complain.

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

Brother @BobbyWhiouxmentioned Kairi's contract expiring in April. Yes, fauntasy booking signings is lame and I'd consider it far likelier her returning to Stardom as a big money signing and show of intent but fuck would she be absolutely perfect to carry the division. Great bell to bell and a really good character worker to boot (even though her heel person is more adorable than evil). I'd go all out to sign her long term. She'd take so much pressure off of the women who still need a lot of time to develop their craft. While she'd not be a panacea, signing her would be a significant step in shoring up AEW's glaring weakness. They'd still probably need 2 or 3 more high quality workers to turn things around but it'd be a great start. 

My dream is for them to make a huge run at Kairi now and then Io and Charlotte later. For the men, there's no one else I really want. There's so few that scream back up the Brinks truck for this guy. For the women though and for what it would mean to that division and the company as a whole? Christ, imagine how awesome getting Kairi and then Io and then Charlotte would be. 3 awesome, world class professional wrestlers who could basically do what Jericho, Moxley, Omega, and others are doing for the men's division.

• Like 1