DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I feel like MJF is kind of above the title a bit as the #2 heel in the company. I was thinking Darby/Brodie Lee doing their best King of Cable impression. Which sounds pretty rad.

Tony with "Brodie Lee, who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side, is the new TNT Champion" on the call to close it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If Cody is in charge of that belt, I'd bet on a good working heel holding it, a la Tully, Arn, Rotundo, Regal. 

I had the instant idea that yah MJF is above the title but then again he's the closest thing they have to those classic NWA/WCW TV title guys. 

57 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If Cody is in charge of that belt, I'd bet on a good working heel holding it, a la Tully, Arn, Rotundo, Regal. 

How about Sammy Guevara? Darby chases Sammy for the title as Sammy continually gets by with help from the Inner Circle before Darby eventually wins the title.

I also like the idea of Brodie Lee being the first champion.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

28 minutes ago, Casey said:

MJF already has the 1st annual Dynamite Diamond Ring - let another heel get some shine with the new title if a heel champion is what they want to do.

Maybe this is the start of the Jack Evans singles push Cody had previously mentioned.

Nitro also was called that because it was on TNT. I’m surprised people haven’t noticed the similarities to how they modeled AEW after WCW.

Tony was a DVDVR poster. So of course he had an irrational love for WCW old, and near its death.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

There is already a promotion called TNT Extreme Wrestling, out of Liverpool. So the TNT Championship already exists. David Starr beat Mark Haskins for it last October.

Dark appears to be all Squashes/tryout matches again this week.

The inaugural champs so far have been Jericho, MJF, and SCU, feels time for a babyface win. Darby is a good call, but he's almost at that world title level now. I'd give it to Jungleboy. Get Jurassic Express some more momentum plus you start setting the table for Jack as future big name.

SCU were babyfaces when they won the tag titles and they still are faces. They then lost the titles to two of the most over faces in the company. The current world champ is a face.

• Like 1

If they are going WCW TV title route of having a heel give babyfaces shine and barely survive challengers, Sammy Guevera is the next best bet after MJF. It's nice how they've established quite a few of their "own" guys in such short time. I can already imagine how hard a guy like Spears is campaigning to be the first TV champ. 

50 minutes ago, Craig H said:

SCU were babyfaces when they won the tag titles and they still are faces. They then lost the titles to two of the most over faces in the company. The current world champ is a face.

I know, I'm saying 2 out of 3 inaugural champs were heels so maybe make this one a face to balance it out.

At this point we just need a separate thread just for Hangman's tweets.

EDIT: Also, no more Dynamite from Daily's Place since it's being used as a coronavirus testing center.

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, AEW has changed their Dynamite and Dark taping schedule again, moving them out of Daily's Place in Jacksonville, FL, to an undisclosed location.

It is believed they will be taping matches throughout Tuesday and Wednesday for this week's Dynamite and Dark as well as future shows.

The company is attempting to keep the new location private because they don't want fans showing up and waiting in the parking lot and/or looking for autographs. The location is believed to be in the Southeast where they are doing a significant amount of taping today.

The city of Jacksonville is setting up the parking lot near Daily's Place as a major coronavirus testing center and an early edict this week closing down all hotels in the city except to essential personnel would have made it difficult to continue to run shows there.

AEW has had to postpone dates throughout the United States in recent weeks as arenas closed up shop due to the ongoing health crisis.

North Carolina is in the Southeast. Hmmm....

Edited by Casey

My TNT Championship Bracket Prediction:

(I won’t be close..obviously)

Stu Grayson

Darby Allin                 Allin 

Jungle Boy                         

Sammy Guevara      Guevara 

MJF

Colt Cabana            MJF

Cody 

Wardlow                Wardlow 

Wardlow defeats Cody because of interference from MurderHawk. Wardlow steps out of the ring to give MJF a count out victory and MJF is fresh for a final vs a beaten up Darby Allin who gets destroyed by the rest of Inner Circle after he defeats Spanish God. 

MJF gets a victory over a 30% Darby Allin to become the undefeated, undisputed, reigning and defending TNT Champion.