DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2020

Dolfan in NYC

They could also test some new talent by putting them under masks as Dark Order creepers. Then DO can look like they have a variety of members (one week could be a jacked dude, the next someone super tall, the next a fat guy) and we can see how they do on TV. That’s secondary show stuff, not for Dynamite.

• Like 2

Seems to me Darby, Sammy and Cassidy were busting their asses on the indies a lot longer than the green men and women in question.  Leasing talent is a fine idea, but with their resources I think starting up a small indie, with little to no production, that runs in the same region every weekend would be most ideal. Allow the talent to build confidence and ring time without extensive travel.  

Also, sounded to me from a Kenny interview I heard that a performance centre is on their minds and isn’t far off.  

A lot of those guys did, but not for US television. Havoc, and Evans have busted their asses too, but that hasn’t produced the kind of results needed for TV. Some people are just naturals, and it only takes them a short amount to get comfortable, but others need a lot of time.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

11 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Severino Corrente is enjoyably sleazy. Should've just had him go over Havoc, beat Havoc down after the match, have Havoc fired from the company, kill Havoc, cremate Havoc, piss on Havoc's ashes, and go back in time and erase Havoc from history.

Sheesh, tell us how you really feel about him ?

Ive always had a soft spot for Havoc, maybe from growing up a few months apart and within a few miles of me, and being on the skinny side and both somewhat of the goth persuasion, he’s that alternate timeline version of me had I pursued in-ring what I was fanatical about watching. As it happens, one Jim Sterling also fits that description (sans the skinniness) and he’s a semi-regular in the ring now too.

But I agree with such a plentiful and varied roster it’s difficult to see what great value the likes of Havoc bring beyond the occasional garbage ode to Tony’s beloved ECW.

Dark was good this week. I think Brandon Cutler has potential once he either gets a partner who's on the same page, or turns heel out of frustration. And people begging for the Death Triangle squash got to see them beat up five guys before being chased off by their feud partners.

Shida looked good getting the story of her match across with Abadon, who has some great character work.

On the flip side of character work, I don't think I've ever seen a less convincing crazy man act than Luther's. Hoo boy.

And I love Luchasaurus's athleticism, but I feel like he's so much bigger than everyone he wrestles that he's had to slow his kicks down to the point that they look less-than-ideal.

Luchasaurus just has that Ultraman look to his moves,  he's doing these very athletic things but feels like he weights a ton so he looks like he's slightly moving in slow motion.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 2

So Rochester is rescheduled to July 8th. Could we go next week? Yes. Can I go in July? I don't know? Keep my sweet seats or get a refund? Pentagon was on the card, the Best Friends and OC stay there, Brodie.Lee Harper, and possibly the exalted one reveal. Really disappointed, but safety first I guess.

I hella liked it as well. It felt a little weird because of how it played out during the match and how nothing really happened, but I enjoyed the idea of a dude just coming down to let you know he's around. No need for Archer to clawhold anybody, just show that he's here and ready to fuck shit up for Cody.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Watching that again, Jake is really just under eye-level with Archer. Either the NJ guys really made Archer look huge (which is probably true) or Jake is really huge as well (also probably true). 

I remember as a kid watching a tag match with Jake Roberts and Undertaker and doing a double take when they both stood straight up next to each other, there really wasn't all that much if a height difference at all. He's a deceptively tall guy.

• Like 1