DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I'd like to see them do Moxley vs Omega vs Page at either the next PPV or the one after depending on time spacing.

Could go in plenty of different directions - Page gets denied a visual pin on Moxley after Omega breaks it up, leading to Moxley retaining/more dissension. Page beats Omega in screwy circumstances - Moxley never loses the title by being beat. Omega wants a rematch, Page continues to feel like his friends continue to try and take away anything he earns. Omega beats Moxley and you set up a rubber match. 

An Omega Vs. Moxley AEW Title free TV match could be a great in-between title match before DoN. I think they get a little too toned down with the TV challengers. Time to bring out the heavy hitters to make it less predictable. Maybe they can even do Jericho Vs. Moxley again on TV, and go all the way with interferences to fool the crowd into thinking Jericho could win it back.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gorman said:

I figured out the identity of The Exalted One.

It's Vickie Guerrero.

You heard it here first.

Now that would get heat (well at least with WWE).

• Like 1

Vickie appeared as a commentator on Dark a while back.

Excalibur mentioned The Exalted One as "he" a couple of times on another episode of Dark. As an announcer, my first reaction would be to ask "How do we know it's a 'he'?"

The fact that Tazz didn't bring up that possibility tells me that it is a woman, and it's Vickie. 

24 minutes ago, Gorman said:

Vickie appeared as a commentator on Dark a while back.

Excalibur mentioned The Exalted One as "he" a couple of times on another episode of Dark. As an announcer, my first reaction would be to ask "How do we know it's a 'he'?"

The fact that Tazz didn't bring up that possibility tells me that it is a woman, and it's Vickie. 

The Fabulous Moolah via Ouija board is the Exalted One.

Half the womens division join the Dark Order and get pimped out for the majority of their booking fee and hooked on drugs.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

As I was saying in the previous thread. Archer coming straight after Moxley is a distinct possibility. Revenge for the IWGP US title match in January.

I was half expecting Archer to attack Moxley during his post-match celebration.

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Only if Park gets to be the onscreen rep for Tony Khan. 

Forget War Games, I'm ready for W*ING Games. Let's get Moxley vs. Guevara in a Glass Death Match.

I'd be down for Moxley/Darby vs. Jericho/Sammy in said Glass Death Match.

• Like 3

Matt Hardy has announced a few minutes ago that he has left WWE. Matt also made it known he is now a free agent and will be watching and learning about all the possible options out there in the world of Professional Wrestling. Matt said it was creative differences between himself and WWE which led to the split.

• Like 1

I was just thinking. I know people are sick of the a potential nWo style invasion of AEW, but here me out. One thing we can takeaway from Saturday, is that crowds are responding very positively to the “Homegrown” guys like Page, Omega, Darby, Sammy, Jurassic Express, Young Bucks, Orange Cassidy & His Best Friends, etc, these guys have all created a bond with fans too. Jon Moxley while very popular, and carries a fanbase, has still been in someways less popular than those when it comes to crowd reactions during live shows. I have this feeling fans still see him as the guy from somewhere else. You also got guys from the other organization showing up soon in the future.

So why not create a clear line between these guys, and create a bigger bigger bond with the “homegrown” players, but also siphon a lot of animosity towards the “invaders”. This should be the way to say “This is our brand, and these are our people”. This doesn’t have to be a forever war situation like WCW Vs. nWo. You don’t even need authority figures, and other stupid shit like people joining them left, and right. Maybe Sammy, and Dark Order joins them, but that’s it. I just think there is enough juice there to make compelling TV for weeks on end with it.

Listen, I know you still lurk here Tony. That PAC Vs. Orange Cassidy program probably didn’t just pop into your head. So don’t be a stranger. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I was just thinking. I know people are sick of the a potential nWo style invasion of AEW, but here me out. One thing we can takeaway from Saturday, is that crowds are responding very positively to the “Homegrown” guys like Page, Omega, Darby, Sammy, Jurassic Express, Young Bucks, Orange Cassidy & His Best Friends, etc, these guys have all created a bond with fans too. Jon Moxley while very popular, and carries a fanbase, has still been in someways less popular than those when it comes to crowd reactions during live shows. I have this feeling fans still see him as the guy from somewhere else. You also got guys from the other organization showing up soon in the future.

So why not create a clear line between these guys, and create a bigger bigger bond with the “homegrown” players, but also siphon a lot of animosity towards the “invaders”. This should be the way to say “This is our brand, and these are our people”. This doesn’t have to be a forever war situation like WCW Vs. nWo. You don’t even need authority figures, and other stupid shit like people joining them left, and right. Maybe Sammy joins them, but that’s it. I just think there is enough juice there to make compelling TV for weeks on end with it.

Listen, I know you still lurk here Tony. So don’t be a stranger. 

Looking back at it I see your point with this. They have had 2 world champions and both are former WWE guys (WWE Champs at that) when they could have went with Darby or Page as champion. I feel that Darby will be an eventual champion and when it happens the pop will be epic. Hard to find a face that appeals to both kids and adults in 2020. Darby is that guy.

• Like 1

I have no problem with the first two champions. You need to establish these unknowns on your roster first to your audience, and new audiences who aren’t familiar with them. I’m sure the people who first saw WCW didn’t know who the fuck Sting, as well as eventually DDP were. So you needed to start with Jericho, and Mox. Look at Hangman’s reaction from All Out to now. Same with Omega himself. These guys needed months to get used to TV in the states, and get audiences used to them. Now though these guys have momentum, and they got a more mobile champion to do it with.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

14 minutes ago, Mike Campbell said:

“The Match Beyond” - I’m guessing the Inner Circle vs. Mox/Dustin/Darby/Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus. 

I got Inner Circle(Jericho, Sammy, and Hager) PAC, and Lance Archer Vs. Mox, Darby, Dustin, Orange Cassidy, and Brodie Lee. So everybody has a rival, and two big boys to even it out.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Anybody catch Khan v Bischoff...

Tony...

“I’m not taking positive business lessons from other companies,” Khan had said. “Most of the lessons I’m taking are examples of what not to do…WCW was badly mismanaged. They teased audiences with matches that never materialized and lost tens of millions of dollars on talent, some earning six figures without ever working. It was a real disservice to fans.”

Earic (as Gene Okerlund would say)...

That’s an interesting thing for Mr. Khan to say. He’s been in the professional wrestling business for, what time is it? It’s about a cup of coffee, I think. I think your coffee could still be warm at this point. And so far he’s spent — from what I’ve heard, I don’t know if it’s accurate or not, I want to make sure I say that — somewhere between $30 million and $50 million to prove that he could be competitive with WWE’s developmental territory.

Did anybody catch the show?  Did he go on to try and explain how WCW wasn't mismanaged?  Or is it simply a matter of 'you're not allowed an opinion cause you weren't there, man'.    Developmental competition argument is pretty silly considering, as we all know, NXT purposely moved to Wednesdays to try and muzzle them.

Petty little Bisch!

Nobody in AEW is homegrown though. Everyone is from somewhere else, until Anthony Ogogo starts at least.

Unless by homegrown you mean 'Never been under WWE contract'. Which, a few people who you'd think of as AEW Originals have been in WWE developmental.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AxB said:

Nobody in AEW is homegrown though. Everyone is from somewhere else, until Anthony Ogogo starts at least.

Unless by homegrown you mean 'Never been under WWE contract'. Which, a few people who you'd think of as AEW Originals have been in WWE developmental.

Precisely that... it’s why I put homegrown in quotation marks. But it is like a new birth for these guys under the AEW banner, so it feels like they are “homegrown” when they aren’t. Regardless it’s all really perception. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs