DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm not really into MMA, so I had to look it up. Holy shit, that's bad. Technically, I think Cody's work is fine, but the placement ruins it. I said before that if it were on his chest, opposite the Dream tat, it'd be fine. Belcher's doesn't look anything like Johnny Cash. Johnny Cash didn't have a pug nose. 

I saw somebody say Cody got a neck tattoo on his chest and a chest tattoo on his neck, and I think that's just about perfect.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm not really into MMA, so I had to look it up. Holy shit, that's bad. Technically, I think Cody's work is fine, but the placement ruins it. I said before that if it were on his chest, opposite the Dream tat, it'd be fine. Belcher's doesn't look anything like Johnny Cash. Johnny Cash didn't have a pug nose. 

He could've gotten it on his abs, his chest, or his shoulder. Instead...he put it smack dab on his neck. It's just...why?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

not only is postponing the right thing to do for a crowd - but damn, I still see no reason to even have the match. The only real heated feud is between Dustin and Hager. 

It would have been fine with Moxley and Darby in it rather than just throwing the Elite in there when the Elite isn't even feuding with Inner Circle. I liked my suggestion of Moxley/Darby/Dustin/Luchasaurus/Jungle Boy better than the Elite vs. Inner Circle. Santana & Ortiz should be feuding with someone, and it would elevate the Jungle Express.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

It should have been Jericho, Sammy, Santana and Ortiz (and eventually MJF after Dustin injured Hager or something) against Moxley, who has to find partners. That way you can still have someone like Darby, and then Cody to continue the MJF feud, and maybe the Bucks when Cody convinces Moxley of their usefulness in neutralizing Santana and Ortiz.

I just fantasy booked that in like 5 minutes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Casey said:

It should have been Jericho, Sammy, Santana and Ortiz (and eventually MJF after Dustin injured Hager or something) against Moxley, who has to find partners. That way you can still have someone like Darby, and then Cody to continue the MJF feud, and maybe the Bucks when Cody convinces Moxley of their usefulness in neutralizing Santana and Ortiz.

I just fantasy booked that in like 5 minutes.

I like it except MJF being in the match. MJF made Cody jump through hoops just to get a match with him. MJF beat Cody, albeit not cleanly. There's no reason for MJF to agree to be in the match, except for maybe Cody saying he'll walk away from AEW if MJF makes him submit. Then, Cody can come back under a mask.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I think they've done a decent job heating it with the Nick Jackson injury angle, and selling the united Inner Circle vs the divided Elite. I just think they should've done the angle and started heating it up before they announced the match, you know?

I never saw an issue with going back to Elite vs. Inner Circle. They have all feuded since the beginning of AEW,   Hangman vs. Jericho,  Jericho vs. Cody,  Bucks vs. Santana & Ortiz,  Omega vs. Jericho,   Cody vs. Sammy on the first episode of Dynamite.. 

Yes,  Cody was sidelined for many weeks with the MJF feud but we've seen this before in wrestling where Flair for instance would be feuding with Sting,  then feud with someone else and come back to Sting..  

That kind of thing used to happen all the time.  WCW went back to Steamboat/Flair in '94 after they had feuded all through '89 and before that in their early days and so on. 

27 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I never saw an issue with going back to Elite vs. Inner Circle. They have all feuded since the beginning of AEW,   Hangman vs. Jericho,  Jericho vs. Cody,  Bucks vs. Santana & Ortiz,  Omega vs. Jericho,   Cody vs. Sammy on the first episode of Dynamite.. 

Yes,  Cody was sidelined for many weeks with the MJF feud but we've seen this before in wrestling where Flair for instance would be feuding with Sting,  then feud with someone else and come back to Sting..  

That kind of thing used to happen all the time.  WCW went back to Steamboat/Flair in '94 after they had feuded all through '89 and before that in their early days and so on. 

You are not wrong, but I think that the argument is that a War Games type of match has traditionally been used to blow off a massive feud where things are so out of control and there is so much hatred that there is no other way to resolve things... and I can see that point as well.

For me personally, I am just so happy to see a classic Rhodesian  closed-cage War Games type of match that I don't think that AEW could possibly get me more hyped up by building to it more organically. Just give me some Blood and Guts! Hopefully the next time they run one, down the road, they will give it more of a full-on old school build. 

Edited by gordi

Regarding Cody's neck tattoo...I've been to places where the policy is to not tattoo necks or faces unless the person already has a good deal of visible tattoos because of the real life consequences -- they want the person to fully understand what they're in for.  Here's a decent article on artists refusing to do it

I'm ambivalent about him getting a neck tattoo.  He's an adult, so whatever.  I'm somewhat against any type of American flag adornment nowadays though because people who fly the flag in today's political climate are typically jingoistic MAGA shitheads, so it's a little regrettable from that point of view.  YMMV

Edited by Technico Support

6 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Please don't let this lead to a three page discussion about who has the worst ink again.

The correct answer is the Harris Brothers. No three page discussion about that needed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

We did the Best Wrestler Tattoos tournament already. Bam Bam Bigelow won. Undertaker got eliminated by Rick Rude and some people cried. So he got reinstated and everyone thought it was BS. 

(That's why the second chance match in the Smashing Crumpet tournament had CM Punk as a protest vote; A lot of people think no second chances. But in that case there had to be one, because I ran out of nominations. Handsome Gentleman, that was supposed to have 128 entrants, but I kept getting nominations after it started so the final match was a 20 man Battle Royale. Smashing Crumpet was going to have 256 entrants, and there were like 244-ish when it started. And nobody else was nominated after that and I ran out and had to do a second chance deal by default).

AEW has confirmed that four more episodes of Dynamite won't be taking place at their originally scheduled venues.

The Dynamite shows that were set for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on April 22, Houston, Texas on April 29, New Orleans, Louisiana on May 6, and Rio Rancho, New Mexico on May 13 are being relocated. AEW announced last week that -- due to the coronavirus pandemic -- Dynamite will air from closed set locations with only essential personnel in attendance until further notice.

AEW has announced new Dynamite dates for all four cities:

• Philadelphia (The Liacouras Center) -- July 29
  • Houston (Fertitta Center) -- November 4
  • New Orleans (UNO Lakefront Arena) -- December 2
  • Rio Rancho (Santa Ana Star Center) -- December 30

Those who had already purchased tickets can receive a refund at the point of purchase or have their tickets honored on the new date.

Last week's Dynamite was the first episode to take place from a closed set, with the show airing live from Daily's Place in Jacksonville, Florida.

AEW has yet to make an announcement regarding the status of their May 23 Double or Nothing pay-per-view or the post-Double or Nothing episode of Dynamite in Las Vegas.

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/aew-confirms-four-more-dynamite-episodes-being-relocated-307166

Also, Omega makes his return against Guevara and will defend his AAA Mega title on this coming Wednesday's episode. I guess the outside title ban is temporarily lifted.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

45 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Khan mentioned around October that he wanted only AEW titles defended on TNT. 

Yup...prior to this week, Omega's only defense of that particular title in AEW was relegated to Dark.